PDA

View Full Version : McRapeYou's First Escape Map - zm_rape_TripEscape_beta1

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 12:53pm
Hey everyone, I have just recently finished the first working version of my map "zm_rape_TripEscape_beta1"... What a mouthfull :)

I've been working it for about 2 months, its basically everything that I've wanted to see in a zombie map for the longest time. I'll go over the map, and post some screenshots later. OR if an admin wants to join me in a server that I will host, you could come in and I could show you around.

Basically, the map is designed around the premise of a Training Facility with several simulations. Their all "Defence" simulations, and you of course defend yourself from the Zombies in these simulations.

Right off the bat, that allows me to be as creative as I like, without going into consistent map design. This is also why I named the map TRIP Escape, as the trip implies that you will be going on a journey, while tripping you the fuck out. (Or at least thats what I'm goin' for)

This is my first map, but I've been designing maps for games since I was 14, back when Quake 1 owned your face. (speaking of quake 1, one of my next map will be a reaction of a few quake1 maps, if anyone has a favorite that you'd like me to put in, send me a PM)

The map is nowhere near complete, but before I go any further, I want to test the map for cohesion with what I'm trying to achieve. (I want to test the play-a-bility, and see if theres any big glitches in the map design, before I go off and put tons of detail into a part of the map that I might have to re-do completely, inorder to fix some crappy flaw.

Here is the map sequence, "-" means plotline, "--" means sub-sequence
-Start off on boats from the "Super secret training facility outpost"
-Go though the layers of security
-Zombie virus detected on base (duh)
-Pick a simulation to hide in and defend for 1 minute and 30 seconds
*Mini Simulations Include (choosable by user) 12 Doors, 6 Simulations
--GaySurfing (kinda like a trap, if the "Caution Broken Simulation" isn't a hit enough
--Down Town market, hill defence, (Defence Aspect: moving/spawning barrels to injure zombies)
--Space Station (Defence Aspect: small coridoors to hide and shoot zombies out of)
--Boat Simulation (Defence Aspect: defend a boat, whilest shooting zombies from entering your base)
-- Tower Defence (Defence Aspect: Shooting zombies off of the tower, forcing them to come back up and get pwned)
--Not Completed (Defence Aspect: Super Mario Brothers 1-1 Simulation)
-After 1 minute and 30 seconds of defending the minisumulations, doors come down and give the humans a 15 second head start to get to the final defence point
*IN THE FINAL VERSION (AKA NOT THIS VERSION) I will have 3 different randomly chosen final final defence point, their both still in working, and I've got my ideas down on paper... so if you wan't some spoilers, haha...
-Everyone makes their way to the final defence zone, waiting for the "ZOMG GTFO BOATS" to arrive.
-Boats rescue humans (Right now I only have 1 boat, but I will eventually have multiple boats, like 4 or 5... and possiably a way for zombies to survive the final final bomb, but not in this particular ending (aka one of the other two that are still in progress).
-Boats dock at the safe base, and ofcourse... TTYLBOMBz approach. Doing 999999999999999999999999 DPS.
Then the Win, as long as nobody found a spot to glitch outside the map and totally screw everyone over for 3 minutes, lol)

Well anywho, thats all the information I can say for the moment, if any admins want to try the map out, it takes me about 30 mins to render a good map... (since my computer is SHIT)

Cya ingame!

Italian Jew
14 Feb 2008, 12:58pm
sounds great...can you send me a copy to look at? My worry would be if the map lags when there is a lot of people in it.

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 01:05pm
that was quick :P
I'd mach rather do a walkthough, because the map can be overwhelming on first glance...
I could give you my IP, and you could join up on my server. Its usually what I do when I need SuperNublet to test out some stuff

*also, I'm just finishing up some changes to the boats, so its gunna be like another 20-30 mins, then im gunna do a full render*

edit: also, the map shouldn't lag too much, i know alot about the havoc engine, and I can reduce lag a lot, keeping most of that in mind

Italian Jew
14 Feb 2008, 01:09pm
Well, I will try it later tonight then. I have an interview at 4...then I have class at 5:30 to 6:45...then I have to eat...then I can check it out if it is up and running somewhere. Sorry I cannot do it sooner.

Slogan for the map...

"This map will MCRAPE YOU!" :Randy-git:

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 01:15pm
:biglaugh:

Super Nublet
14 Feb 2008, 01:17pm
I'm glad to see you recovered most of you stuff after Hammer fucked you over. =)

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 01:38pm
oh holy shit... I lost like 2/3 of my map, because hammer decided to corrupt my file for some fucking reason...
I was able to recover most of it, by going though about 81,000 lines of .VMF code, pulling out all the enties, and copy and pasting them back into a pretty outdated backup file...
That was honestly 5 hours of copy and pasting text from one file to another, I still have alot of work that I can't recover, but I've rebuilt most of it since then...
I just threw to gather a 5 minute C++ program that makes backups of my files whenever the file size changes (aka I save it). It opens itsself up when I open hammer, and closes itself down and I quit hammer...
programming is so fuckin usefull :D

Jaffa
14 Feb 2008, 02:24pm
whats happens if there aren't enough humans to defend each simulation? will the zombies be able to wait in a different simulation for the doors to open, then run out at the same time as the humans?

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 02:43pm
yep, I've thought of that already, I've made the nessecary improvements in order to block the zombies from reaching the end zone at the same time as humans.
Heres how the timer works.
Each simulation has a defense point, the point that everyone has to defend at, and zombies have to pass. Each point is blocked by a large grate. The grate moves into place, AS SOON AS, the teleporters are enabled. These grates are Closed for 15 seconds, and then are moved out of place for the zombies to start chasing the humans.
At the end of each simulation, after you are all teleported, theres a grate that you have to shoot out. There are 4 in total, each with 200 health. Shooting these will allow a human to get though easily, as their pierce-able, and need to only really do about 400 dmg, as when you shoot one, it passes though all of them, and does damage to them all (hope that makes sense). And if a zombie were to try and get though, he would have to stab each one, and not have the time advantage of the humans. I've made it so 4 zombies can stab it at once. So if theres just 1 zombie goin at it, hes kinda screwed :P (although a zombie by himself would be kind of rare)

I've also setup a "contamination room" where the zombies could go if they wish... Their labled red, for zombie :P, although it will take awhile to figure it out, since I havn't read the tutorial on how to use photoshop to convert to decals, and textures.

Soviet
14 Feb 2008, 03:54pm
I've also setup a "contamination room" where the zombies could go if they wish... Their labled red, for zombie :P, although it will take awhile to figure it out, since I havn't read the tutorial on how to use photoshop to convert to decals, and textures.

What goes on in this "contamination room"? Do zombies become human in here, are the zombies killed in here, do humans become zombies in here, what exactly happens within this room?

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 04:40pm
I wasn't going to say, but since you asked...

its supposed to be like a Trap surf room, theres no way to survive as a human, you either have to be infected as a zombie to proceed, or die.

its the only clear advantage zombies can use against humans... but I doubt the zombies will figure it out, untill someone tells them.

so unless you like getting pwned, don't tell the zombies for alittle bit :P and use it to your advantage.

Soviet
14 Feb 2008, 04:46pm
Yes Sir :D

Jaffa
14 Feb 2008, 06:37pm
any secrets in the map :D ?

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 08:01pm
theres secrets, but they don't give any sort of advantage yet...

Thats one thing I reallllly wanted to avoid... like for example... the Atix Panic map... with the railings... that ended up to be a big disaster, letting the CT's and Zombies get to the end before everyone else, and even putting water down, for humans to survive... Just way to much room for people to exploit and ruin the map...

So just fun things, like, changing gravity, and jerking around with stuff... I will add alot more, when I got in to really fine detail

Italian Jew
14 Feb 2008, 09:03pm
yeah, there are certain maps where you can go to a control room where you flood the place, change gravity, release traps...a bunch of fun stuff, but I think it was on a surf map. It would bring a good twist to the map if you had an area where you could do those things.

triggerhappy
14 Feb 2008, 09:07pm
this looks awsome! cant wait to play it

McRapeYou
14 Feb 2008, 09:11pm
yeah, there are certain maps where you can go to a control room where you flood the place, change gravity, release traps...a bunch of fun stuff, but I think it was on a surf map. It would bring a good twist to the map if you had an area where you could do those things.

the begining of the map has half gravity. To get past the noobs :P

Biscuit
15 Feb 2008, 12:46am
the begining of the map has half gravity. To get past the noobs :P

shet thats why im always the last one..........................:skeptical:

Jaffa
15 Feb 2008, 07:51am
Just played this on the server for about 40 mins. Really enjoyed it, there are some things that might need changing

The telport out of the water tower teles you half into a wall :P
Also, the main problem people had was that they got stuck coming out of teleports

Otherwise, good map :D

McRapeYou
15 Feb 2008, 01:10pm
yeah, I hope its been takin off the map list :P

i've gotten all those buggs fixxed

working on textures... and making sure ppl know wtf their doing :)

McRapeYou
15 Feb 2008, 08:13pm
yea, I basically got reallly high last night, and I wrote down some Golden meterial for the map. IT IS GOLD MY FRIENDS!! You will love it =D

Blank
16 Feb 2008, 04:39am
My favorite part of the map is the boat. Finally someone made a boat that, if launched too early, you can go back and pick up the rest of the survivors.

The first teleports work great. The rest of them seem to always stick people together. I know this isn't your fault. Its because everyone tries to go thru the tele at the same time, or after they teleport, they just stand there and pick their nose. Maybe it would help if the teleport exit was about 10 ft. above the floor. This way a player will fall a short distance away from the exit automatically.

By the way, I'm usually a very calm person. But when I teleported to the room with all the zombies torso's crawling around, I just about pissed my pants.

Great map!

McRapeYou
16 Feb 2008, 07:36pm
The first teleports work great. The rest of them seem to always stick people together. I know this isn't your fault. Its because everyone tries to go thru the tele at the same time, or after they teleport, they just stand there and pick their nose. Maybe it would help if the teleport exit was about 10 ft. above the floor. This way a player will fall a short distance away from the exit automatically.

I have fixxed that, everyone can mash though the teleports as quick as they please.

I love how the zombies turned out as well :P

McRapeYou
16 Feb 2008, 07:56pm
Just so everyone knows, I'm going to have the next version probably by Tuesday. I've adding, and will be adding, many many features. I'll go though some of the changes.

Teleporters: Fully functional, I've thought of a pretty unique way to have massive ammounts of ppl streaming into 1 teleport, without anyone glitching inside of eachother.

Start Areas: I've separated the CT's and the T's. You will like it, trust me :)

Simulations: I've changed the number of simulations from 6 to 4. This is for 2 reasons, one, because it will allow a good number of ppl in the simulations, for around 32 people. Two, im lazy, fuk off :P

LoL?: Press E on everything :P I've been adding little random things, should be enjoyable... :jiggy:

I'm also working on a program some guy is paying me to make :( I want to work on my map tho, so gay

mystickiller411
16 Feb 2008, 08:37pm
hey im really liking the concept of this map.whenever this gets finished can you send this to my clan website?

http://www.cyberninjaclan.com/

Desu
16 Feb 2008, 10:20pm
Just so everyone knows, I'm going to have the next version probably by Tuesday. I've adding, and will be adding, many many features. I'll go though some of the changes.

Teleporters: Fully functional, I've thought of a pretty unique way to have massive ammounts of ppl streaming into 1 teleport, without anyone glitching inside of eachother.

Start Areas: I've separated the CT's and the T's. You will like it, trust me :)

Simulations: I've changed the number of simulations from 6 to 4. This is for 2 reasons, one, because it will allow a good number of ppl in the simulations, for around 32 people. Two, im lazy, fuk off :P

LoL?: Press E on everything :P I've been adding little random things, should be enjoyable... :jiggy:

I'm also working on a program some guy is paying me to make :( I want to work on my map tho, so gay

could you add in custom decals on the teleports so we know what we're going to?

McRapeYou
16 Feb 2008, 10:33pm
could you add in custom decals on the teleports so we know what we're going to?

alrready have, I've made custom pictures in Photoshop, and transfered them to Hammer. When I upload the map, I'll upload the files. I've added things like
-Arrows (Big Bright and Green)
-Where To Defend Pictures (Big Red Things, turn Yellow and Green, when you're suppose to wait, and Leave)
-Dispencer Pictures (M249 and Shotty Pictures, to know what to defend with)
-Teleport Pads

This map will be even more epic than Keanu Reeves and the final Scene from Lord Of The Rings x10! :arghh:

mystickiller411
16 Feb 2008, 10:40pm
Pics Nowwww

Super Nublet
17 Feb 2008, 12:52pm
No pics, its a surprise. The map looks better every day, CT-spawn looks sick.

Whoever played zm_rape_tripescape_b2 with not recognize most of the _b3. I saw it last night, all i can say is that McRapeYou is doing great job on it.

Desu
17 Feb 2008, 06:17pm
No pics, its a surprise. The map looks better every day, CT-spawn looks sick.

Whoever played zm_rape_tripescape_b2 with not recognize most of the _b3. I saw it last night, all i can say is that McRapeYou is doing great job on it.

Give me a release date and time so i can be there for the grand opening of the final version

Jewpiter
17 Feb 2008, 11:10pm
I think my heart skipped a beat when I teleported into the room with all the zombie torsos crawling around

McRapeYou
18 Feb 2008, 01:45am
I should have a working next version on Monday.(which is today, but its 3:44, and I've been up making teh map)
We'll see if these fixxed teleporters that I've engineered will do the trick

:arghh:

EvInReaLife
18 Feb 2008, 07:10am
I havent yet played your map.

From what i heard it sounds good.

Desu
18 Feb 2008, 03:48pm
The most uttered phrase heard when playing this is ," What the hell was this guy on when he made this and where can i get it?"