PDA

View Full Version : Which were the Best Games Made after Movies?

Chronic
6 Jan 2010, 08:56am
Which games do you guys think are really good that where made after movies?

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu123/AustinG009/iShahenshahssig.jpg

Metal
6 Jan 2010, 09:37am
None.

XeNo
6 Jan 2010, 10:04am
There's never been a good awesome game that follows or was about a movie.

There's games that were good that they made movies about, but not the other way around.

Acessed
6 Jan 2010, 10:25am

There's games that were good that they made movies about, but not the other way around.

Makes me think, were the res evil movies made after the games then? ;o

[AP3X.]
6 Jan 2010, 11:27am
None.

True That

Pulse
6 Jan 2010, 11:36am
True That

Agreed.

Lux
6 Jan 2010, 11:45am
Some Starwars games have been good....

Can't think of many.

Bullet Wound
6 Jan 2010, 12:41pm
Makes me think, were the res evil movies made after the games then? ;o

....You're kidding right?

Kappa The 3rd
6 Jan 2010, 12:41pm
some of the lotr games as well were good and they made the resident evil movies based on the games, the first game came out in like 1990 and the first movie was like 1998

turbodaze
6 Jan 2010, 01:06pm
Mortal Kombat!

Sexy Fish
6 Jan 2010, 02:45pm
Mortal Kombat!

/facepalm
thats a movie based on a game..not the other way around.
I personally thought the Batman Begins game wasn't too bad.

Tomathon
6 Jan 2010, 02:58pm
Batman games are ok

Neji
6 Jan 2010, 04:34pm
Spongebob truth or square bitch

Drox
6 Jan 2010, 04:54pm
I would have to say Revenge of the sith was a pretty decent game made after the movie.

Dracula
6 Jan 2010, 05:00pm
Lord of The Rings Battle for middle Earth 1 and 2.

Lefty
6 Jan 2010, 05:04pm
AVP

Jazzyy
6 Jan 2010, 05:42pm
Ahaha KOTOR games were fucking amazing. As for others I dunno, I heard the new AVP game is p good and I played the new batman one and it was pretty sweet. I don't like games based off movies as it is, playing a game based off of a movie is like playing Halo with your mom.....

Hiphopopotomus
6 Jan 2010, 05:43pm
The star wars games didn't really have much to do with the movies though...just some random stories they created for the monay...But most of the LOTR games were pretty good.

TheTruth
6 Jan 2010, 06:19pm
LOTR games for the Xbox were amazing :)

Josh
6 Jan 2010, 06:27pm
Easy, Goldeneye 64.

Alucard
6 Jan 2010, 07:40pm
I would have to say Revenge of the sith was a pretty decent game made after the movie.

I liked it to actually it was decent.

And for My game Its going to be Spongbob Squarepants The video game( The Movie). :D

Frostbyte
6 Jan 2010, 07:53pm
Escape from Butcher Bay

Dannen
6 Jan 2010, 08:31pm
All of the original LOTR games were fantastic.

Drox
6 Jan 2010, 11:46pm
Ahaha KOTOR games were fucking amazing. As for others I dunno, I heard the new AVP game is p good and I played the new batman one and it was pretty sweet. I don't like games based off movies as it is, playing a game based off of a movie is like playing Halo with your mom.....

KOTOR wasnt based off a movie

The star wars games didn't really have much to do with the movies though...just some random stories they created for the monay...But most of the LOTR games were pretty good.

Revenge of the sith was a star wars game that was made for the movie and followed it pretty well except a few things to not spoil the movie since it came out a week before the movie did. KOTOR like I said wasnt based off a movie, its based off a canon storyline 1000+ years before ep 1, I believe.

XeNo
7 Jan 2010, 02:25am
Some Starwars games have been good....

Can't think of many.

some of the lotr games as well were good and they made the resident evil movies based on the games, the first game came out in like 1990 and the first movie was like 1998

Batman games are ok

Lord of The Rings Battle for middle Earth 1 and 2.

AVP

LOTR games for the Xbox were amazing :)

Easy, Goldeneye 64.
Almost all of these were famous books, made into games made into movies or made into movies as well as made into games.

They are not MOVIES made into GAMES rather books made into movies AND games.

An example of his question would have to probably be Transformers, which was a show then movie then game, which game was shit as I said before.

Pokemon as well though pokemon games weren't so bad considering they're aimed at a younger audience therefore it doesn't take much for it to be a 'good' game.

His question is based upon Games revolving around movies. Like an example would be the Transformer game which basically you play through what the movie was about. Indiana Jones as well.

Jaffa
7 Jan 2010, 02:37am
Easy, Goldeneye 64.

THIS ^

Goldeneye is NOT based on an Ian Fleming book, so is a movie made into a game!

Drox
7 Jan 2010, 02:51am
Almost all of these were famous books, made into games made into movies or made into movies as well as made into games.

An example of his question would have to probably be Transformers, which was a show then movie then game, which game was shit as I said before.

Pokemon as well though pokemon games weren't so bad considering they're aimed at a younger audience therefore it doesn't take much for it to be a 'good' game.

His question is based upon Games revolving around movies. Like an example would be the Transformer game which basically you play through what the movie was about. Indiana Jones as well.

Why does this shit have to be that technical? lol Also Revenge of the sith I dont believe was a book before the movie considering everything that was suppose to be cannon (based on some books and cannon backstory) in star wars for ep1-3 was completely changed when Lucas made the movies. Also the game follows the movie very well like I said in one of my other post.

[AP3X.]
7 Jan 2010, 02:51am

Yeah some were good but not all

Heavenly Player
7 Jan 2010, 05:56am
the motal kombat game was coool, movie was retarded...

Jazzyy
7 Jan 2010, 10:42am
KOTOR wasnt based off a movie

so it didnt follow the plot exactly who cares, why would i want to play a game that ive seen?
most games barely ever follow the story, ie batman games, that new avatar game.

XeNo
7 Jan 2010, 12:08pm
Why does this shit have to be that technical? lol Also Revenge of the sith I dont believe was a book before the movie considering everything that was suppose to be cannon (based on some books and cannon backstory) in star wars for ep1-3 was completely changed when Lucas made the movies. Also the game follows the movie very well like I said in one of my other post.
Cause then basically what he should have said was 'What are good games that have a somewhat related movie that was made on the same subject'. Which the list is endless.

ReGIONALS
8 Jan 2010, 02:24am
cant wait for bioshock 2 and the movie

Drox
8 Jan 2010, 03:32am
so it didnt follow the plot exactly who cares, why would i want to play a game that ive seen?
most games barely ever follow the story, ie batman games, that new avatar game.

KOTOR had nothing to do with any of the movies except the Star wars name and backstory. lol Would be like saying force unleashed was a game made after a movie when its actually after ep3 and before ep4. :P

Sk!ll3r
8 Jan 2010, 04:07am
In my opinion have none such game

Lux
8 Jan 2010, 06:36am
THIS ^

Goldeneye is NOT based on an Ian Fleming book, so is a movie made into a game!

Xeno failed :embarrest:

The games were made because of the movie, not the book. If Lord of the Rings was never made into a movie, no one would have ever made a game out of it, and it'd be like that for pretty much every game based off of a movie.

But, before you say that doesn't matter......I'll say it doesn't matter, because the OP never said anything about books....the game just has to be after the movie.

Wedgeman1016
12 Jan 2010, 03:44pm
Theres a game called "The Bourne Conspiricy" that was extreamly fun.

Phonicz
12 Jan 2010, 03:50pm
NONE!

Pancake Batter
12 Jan 2010, 04:15pm
I heard that the Riddick game was really well made. Other than that, Goldeneye 64.

Lordcrazy
12 Jan 2010, 06:04pm
The best ones were the LOTR games.

Kappa The 3rd
12 Jan 2010, 09:18pm
yeah escape from butcher bay was by far one of the best xbox games i owned, the newest one escape from dark athena or w/e was pretty decent as well

Drox
13 Jan 2010, 01:00am

That was a game first then made into a movie

Suri
13 Jan 2010, 07:49pm
Escape from Butcher Bay

This is the one I was going to say. This is one of the best games based off a movie.

Suri
13 Jan 2010, 07:55pm

It's simple. Xeno you are wrong.

There are two games, and people have already listed them. And since you word smithed some others like LOTR because they were books. These two you can't get around the fact they are great games based off the movie. And one of them can go down as one of the best games EVER!

GOLDENEYE!!!
http://crabkeyheadquarters.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/goldeneye_n64.jpg

Riddick!!!
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/1/921671_front.jpg

Spiderman 2
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xknRwC-J5Q4/R1-uIdYme_I/AAAAAAAAFSg/ND09O_DIAlc/s400/Spiderman2.jpg

The Warriors
http://image.com.com/gamespot/images/bigboxshots/2/919172_61585_front.jpg

From Russia with Love
http://www.scubb.com/images/products/PS2%20james%20bond%20from%20russia%20with%20love_b ox.jpg

My job is done here. GoodDay!!

Bad Dog
13 Jan 2010, 08:07pm
Lol Suri beat me to it, definatley The Warriors its just a good old fashioned beat em up that I fell in love with.
Escape from butcher bay I also love.
Spiderman 2 gets my honorary mention as it wasnt just one of the best movie tie in games, it also pioneered that free roaming superhero game. Eitherway its the funnest spiderman game to date, swinging around fake Manhattan has never been so fun

Lux
14 Jan 2010, 08:20pm

Really? I thought that it was far too short...basically the biggest problem with movie games

Good shouts on "The Warriors" that was a fun gun.....and Spiderman :confused1: I can't remember if I actually played Spiderman Two....but I played One (the one with Doctor Octopus right???) and it was alright, but the game could be completed in a few hours.....and Three.....one of the worst games I've ever played.

Red Ghost
15 Jan 2010, 10:28pm
Most of the Star Wars games(Mainly Jedi Academy)

Drox
16 Jan 2010, 04:19am
Most of the Star Wars games(Mainly Jedi Academy)

Once again, those werent games made after a single movie. Just a series where the name itself is from a movie.

duhoh
25 Jan 2010, 09:47pm
goldeneye FTW!

Legendkiller
26 Jan 2010, 06:11am
Riddick and one of the Hulk games was amazing.

Cait Sithz
26 Jan 2010, 12:27pm
Most Star Wars Games.

007 Goldeneye

007 Quantum of Solace was decent (100% the game)

Chronic
27 Jan 2010, 01:09pm
Most Star Wars Games.

007 Goldeneye

007 Quantum of Solace was decent (100% the game)

I liked some of the star wars Games.

Red
27 Jan 2010, 01:24pm
Street Fighter: The Movie Game

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/5486/sssfmoviegameplay.png

/thread

Lux
27 Jan 2010, 04:03pm

/thread

Lolz those types of fighting games are so tacky

SchmoSalt
27 Jan 2010, 10:41pm
I wonder if you could consider Metal Gear Solid?

I mean, it is a movie in a game. Or maybe a game in a movie. It could go either way.

cjc153
5 Feb 2010, 05:12pm
I loved the Star Wars:battlefront games. I guess you could say they were based off a movie.

Merc
7 Feb 2010, 08:08pm
I loved the Star Wars:battlefront games. I guess you could say they were based off a movie.

Same. One of the best war games for the original Xbox.

Empire Strikes Black
7 Feb 2010, 08:46pm
hmm out of the stuff not yet said:
Ghostbusters.
X-Men wolverine was said to be very good
and the old nostalgia games like Aladdin (SNES/GEN), Lion King (SNES/GEN), and Batman (NES)

Nasu
10 Feb 2010, 09:56am
Batman: Arkham Asylym, I think :)

instakill
10 Feb 2010, 10:31am
transformers

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
10 Feb 2010, 08:46pm
This is the one I was going to say. This is one of the best games based off a movie.

Straight up butcher bays the best!

canadian traffic cone
11 Feb 2010, 04:43am
new one, avatar!!!

11 Feb 2010, 09:51am

/thread

KABLOOOWIE!!! Thats the sound of my blown mind. seriously though, its like the sound of one hand clapping.....

Huwajux
11 Feb 2010, 01:23pm
Street Fighter II The Movie : The Game.

It was a game based off a movie based off a game.

Prez
11 Feb 2010, 04:40pm
Very hard to say. I'll have to agree with others here, with saying the BattleFront series (Star Wars).

Bad Dog
11 Feb 2010, 04:54pm
new one, avatar!!!

I heard that it was a mediocre game

Jake
11 Feb 2010, 06:22pm
They all suck.

Silentfaith
11 Feb 2010, 07:51pm
007 Goldeneye :P I still play that shit on my N64 Lol

13 Feb 2010, 08:31pm
you should prlly upgrade to the hl2 golden eye mod by now faith.