PDA

View Full Version : Need help with props

struki
25 Dec 2009, 08:02am
Ok,im making map,added props,etc...

Now,i compile map,and some props are gonne(plants,bar stool,and few others),can someone help me?

Prez
25 Dec 2009, 09:25am
Depends on what you set them to. If they're plants, my guess is that they should be set to prop_physics_override, since they're made to be broken. The other ones might be the same. If not, you can always just set them to prop_dynamic. I never use prop_static because it sometimes removes them from the game because "that is not what they're supposed to be put as".

Hope this helps.

Bob Loblaw
25 Dec 2009, 11:58am
Open up the model browser and on the right half of the screen it will say Render, Sequences, Activities, Skins, Info.
Click info.
It will say []Physics []Dynamic []Static. One or more of these boxes will have a checkmark. That is what they should be.

Although before looking at this most things are pretty easy to determine. Static is if it is a world prop that never moves or does anything. Physics are obviously props with physics. Dynamic is props that are designed to do more special things. It's kind of a cross, not physics, but it doesn't necessarily stay in 1 place all the time.

Bullet Wound
5 Jan 2010, 03:22pm
I have this issue too (with only chairs though).

I've tested them with each version (static, physics, dynamic) with each time the chair not appearing.

My physBox function also does not seem to work....

Bob Loblaw
5 Jan 2010, 08:44pm
Which chair model?

mapper
6 Jan 2010, 05:24am
This is also noted in your compile log. If you use models in static and they were compiled for dynamic props, It will say something like:
ERROR: <namemodel>isn't compiled for <Propstateyouused>, deleted.

Bullet Wound
9 Jan 2010, 03:39pm
Yea i check the log, it told me what type i needed to make the props.

Tweezy
14 Jan 2010, 04:53am
I have this issue too (with only chairs though).

I've tested them with each version (static, physics, dynamic) with each time the chair not appearing.

My physBox function also does not seem to work....

If your trying to use physics properties for your model, sometimes you have to change your model to the physics version, i found this out with cars ^^