PDA

View Full Version : Medal of Honor's version of Modern Warfare

Ngo
20 Dec 2009, 06:37pm
LOOKS AMAZING

Yep it's official. All the talk of a Medal of Honor set in Afghanistan is true. It's also going to be the first Medal of Honor game that will be rated M and not set in WW II. We'll have to see how it compares to Call of Duty Modern Warfare, however it should be noted that the next Call of Duty will be released by Treyarch in 2010, just like the new Medal of Honor.

www.medalofhonor.com

Operating directly under the National Command Authority, a relatively unknown entity of handpicked warriors are called on when the mission must not fail. They are the Tier 1 Operators.

Over 2 million Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines wear the uniform. Of those, approximately 50 thousand fall under the direct control of the Special Operations Command. The Tier 1 Operator functions on a plane of existence above and beyond even the most highly trained Special Operations Forces. Their exact numbers, while classified, hover in the low hundreds. They are living, breathing, precision instruments of war. They are experts in the application of violence. The new Medal of Honor is inspired by and has been developed with Tier 1 Operators from this elite community. Players will step into the boots of these warriors and apply their unique skill sets to a new enemy in the most unforgiving and hostile battlefield conditions of present day Afghanistan.

There is a new enemy. There is a new war. There is a new warrior. He is Tier 1.

Q: Is that all gameplay footage throughout the trailer?
A: Yep, the trailer is 100% in-game footage.

Q: Where is the “bearded guy” that is on the box cover? I don’t believe I saw him in the trailer.
A: You are correct. The character on our box cover was not featured in our first trailer. But I can confirm that he is indeed a character in our game and will be revealed (along with his highly skilled and very specialized Tier 1 unit) in the near future.

Q: What exactly is a Tier 1 Operator? And what do they do?
A: Tier 1 is a category. It is not a unit designation or a name given to a specific task force. It is a term that is used to describe the level at which these operators perform and function. It also refers to their place within the national command structure. The term “Tier 1” can also be used to describe a specific unit’s ability to carry out missions that require the most highly skilled, proficient and disciplined group of warriors within the U.S. Special Operations Community. There are only a handful of units within the U.S. Government that are considered Tier 1. We have been given the rare opportunity to work closely with members of these units during the development of Medal of Honor.

Q: There was an ATV and a helicopter scene in the trailer. Can we expect to see some vehicular gameplay?
A: That is the plan. At minimum, you can expect the ones that you saw in the trailer ;-)

Q: The ending scene with the guy with a bomb attached to him gave me chills. Can we expect this darker feel/tone throughout the game?
A: This will be the very first (M) rated Medal of Honor. However, we will always be grounded by our core tenets of authenticity and respect for the soldier.

Q: There are some doors that get kicked in during the trailer. Can we expect breach and clear gameplay?
A: The player can do many cool things in the game, and kicking in doors is certainly one of them!

Q: Are you keeping the PC community in mind for this game? Please don’t do just a simple port!
A: We take the PC version of our game as seriously as we do any other version.

Q: How much of the game is based on real life, true events in Afghanistan?
A: Medal of Honor is “historical fiction” set against the backdrop of the current war in Afghanistan. Much like “Saving Private Ryan” is a fictional story told through the lens of a small band of characters during WWII.

Lordcrazy
20 Dec 2009, 07:32pm
awww dam its not about the Russians in Afghanistan dang...

Metal
20 Dec 2009, 09:32pm
The next cod by Treyarch will suck.

Well more time for IW to make MW3 and give us fucking servers

b0red
20 Dec 2009, 09:34pm
Treyarch sucks, IW is much better.
Medal of Honor has always had a place in my heart.

BOOWY
20 Dec 2009, 09:39pm
THANK FUCKING LORD FINALLY, the death of big name World War 2 shooters... at least for awhile.

Metal
20 Dec 2009, 10:59pm
i want real WW1 games.. this will have to do

Drox
20 Dec 2009, 11:17pm
damn that looks good lol

Metal
21 Dec 2009, 10:37am
why is canada never in a army game like this?
only one i seen is GR.

Ngo
21 Dec 2009, 12:55pm
Dice is doing online play, the same dice that did BF2. win

Hazmat
21 Dec 2009, 01:03pm
It looks alot like MW2, but i cant wait to see how it compares to MW2.

Frostbyte
21 Dec 2009, 01:26pm
Dice is doing online play, the same dice that did BF2. win

Thank christ. MOH: Airborne's multiplayer had (literally, it shows you) 6 people online at once with me being one of them to see how many were online after beating the campaign.

Movement
21 Dec 2009, 01:30pm
that looks bad ass

The Famous Zombie Hunter
29 Dec 2009, 09:12am
why is canada never in a army game like this?
only one i seen is GR.

Because Canada doesn't have an actual special force's group outside of, I'd imagine, NATO Search and Rescue(Seriously), and it's actual army, outside of WW1 and 2, has never played a major part in any war besides the NATO forces, and IDK about you but I don't think a game about a bunch of people dressed in blue walking through the middle of an insurgent village and unable to do anything unless they're shot at first wouldn't really make a good game.

Ngo
29 Dec 2009, 09:46am
lolcanada

Sexy Fish
29 Dec 2009, 12:01pm
Looks intense..will definately look into it.

Tomathon
8 Jan 2010, 09:55am
mw2 looks better

XeNo
8 Jan 2010, 10:10am
mw2 looks better
Both games were made on relatively similar engines, I believe.

Therefore it isn't better or worse than MW2. More than likely exactly the same.

Metal
8 Jan 2010, 10:19am
Medal of honor felt more like war.
But who cares if it is like mw2.
more guns and kills boys.

Jazzyy
8 Jan 2010, 06:24pm
Both games were made on relatively similar engines, I believe.

Therefore it isn't better or worse than MW2. More than likely exactly the same.
uh Infinity Ward made their own engine so I don't think they gave that to EA.

Lux
9 Jan 2010, 02:04pm
Never really liked Medal of Honour that much....decent campaign but poor online.

lenka
31 Jan 2010, 05:18am
Impressive
heroes/Dragon Ball/Tera Korea Server Cd-Key/Accounts, for details,
pls visit
http://www.ankesoft.com/tj/?id=2

Lordcrazy
2 Feb 2010, 04:26pm
Because Canada doesn't have an actual special force's group outside of, I'd imagine, NATO Search and Rescue(Seriously), and it's actual army, outside of WW1 and 2, has never played a major part in any war besides the NATO forces, and IDK about you but I don't think a game about a bunch of people dressed in blue walking through the middle of an insurgent village and unable to do anything unless they're shot at first wouldn't really make a good game.

I would like to prove you wrong Zombie they played a vital role in WW2 by clearing Juno beach and Gold beach (there was also British regiments combined with the Canadians but still) without them the allies would have been forced back into the channel by flank attacks.

Crimson
2 Feb 2010, 04:40pm
I wonder if we get to play as Canadians.

Lucid
2 Feb 2010, 04:57pm
Isn't Medal of Honor what started it all?(Such as COD, MW,MW2)

Finally, back to kick some ass.

Jazzyy
2 Feb 2010, 09:12pm
MoH's WW1/2 games were way better than CoD's. They've lost thunder though since MW1 was such a hit

cjc153
2 Feb 2010, 09:29pm
i want real WW1 games.. this will have to do

WW1? that would be hard to make. I doubt you could turn a war that was basically a gigantic stalemate into an action focused videogame.

Sexy Fish
3 Feb 2010, 03:38pm
WW1? that would be hard to make. I doubt you could turn a war that was basically a gigantic stalemate into an action focused videogame.

Gee, if you go with that...I WANT A COLD WAR VIDEO GAME, WHOSE WITH ME :toung:

Phonicz
3 Feb 2010, 03:45pm
well we will have to see how it will turn out

cjc153
3 Feb 2010, 03:47pm
Gee, if you go with that...I WANT A COLD WAR VIDEO GAME, WHOSE WITH ME :toung:

YA, THAT WOULD BE AWESOME. multiplayer would consist of a variety of modes where you....stare at each other and are not permitted to fire.

Zealot
5 May 2010, 08:12pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8j6PAJ7DEc&playnext_from=TL&videos=k3daavvDERA

Brand new trailer, make this shit into a movie please.

Spiral
6 May 2010, 08:51pm
Haven't played a medal of honor game since Allied Assault, gonna check this one out though.

Metal
6 May 2010, 09:21pm
MoH felt more. real
you felt the hardship of the men, in cod its just run n gun

Frostbyte
6 May 2010, 09:43pm

Maybe it's me, but the dude with the beard at the end looks just like Engie from HoN, cept taller.

Zealot
7 May 2010, 12:09am
Maybe it's me, but the dude with the beard at the end looks just like Engie from HoN, cept taller.

LOL I had to rewatch because you said that and your right :lol:

floffypus
7 May 2010, 02:34am
I think this game looks like a rip off from battlefield bad company 2 and modern warfare 2.

The graphic looks GREAT, so does the missions. I think DICE makes the best games in the history of games. With top graphic and good stories. But i would like to see a game like battlefield 2142. Just different.

Drox
7 May 2010, 02:40am
I think this game looks like a rip off from battlefield bad company 2 and modern warfare 2.

The graphic looks GREAT, so does the missions. I think DICE makes the best games in the history of games. With top graphic and good stories. But i would like to see a game like battlefield 2142. Just different.

MoH has been around longer then both of the series you just mentioned I believe, also would u rather them make another WW2 game? lol They are just doing what other war game makers are doing and thats dipping into modern warfare of today.

pretty good trailer :P

floffypus
7 May 2010, 03:05am
no no

Zealot
7 May 2010, 09:29am
pretty good trailer :P

It's seriously a nice break from all the action/explosion trailers we get today. Although their initial release trailer is pretty much like that lol.

Metal
7 May 2010, 09:39am
It's seriously a nice break from all the action/explosion trailers we get today. Although their initial release trailer is pretty much like that lol.

MW2 took it way to far with the war at home.
MoH is more heart warming in a sense of YOU ARE FIGHTING FOR SOMETHING.
Not a run n gun to the end of the map.
MoH shows you more than cod as ever done.

Riperzz
7 May 2010, 11:28am
Finally its not ww2 anymore, i hope this is good.

The Famous Zombie Hunter
7 May 2010, 01:38pm
I would like to prove you wrong Zombie they played a vital role in WW2 by clearing Juno beach and Gold beach (there was also British regiments combined with the Canadians but still) without them the allies would have been forced back into the channel by flank attacks.

I dont care how old this post is. I can't handle smart ass's who can't even read. I said BESIDES WW1 and WW2 genius.

Also, I was wrong. Canada does have its own Special forces.
JTF2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joint_Task_Force_2

kkevin78
3 Jun 2010, 04:12pm
this game will be as good as modern warfare 2 or maybe even better because they fix and added things mw2 don't have

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=220&pictureid=2109