PDA

View Full Version : Romney drops out

Omega
7 Feb 2008, 11:21am
I'm about to go to class so I'll just drop of the link for you.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/07/romney.campaign/index.html

Have a good day.

Arc
7 Feb 2008, 11:40am
Back to the local department store to display hats and pants.

phatman76
7 Feb 2008, 12:19pm
A bit sad, good candidate. At least he left before it got pathetic. Since he is supporting McCain, it will be good for the party, it will help the fiscal conservative right rally around the rather moderate McCain. Also basically sealed Hucakbee's doom.

Just a prediction. McCain vs. Hillary= republican win. McCain vs. Obama= democratic win

LegalSmash
7 Feb 2008, 01:12pm
I am honestly miffed, I was hoping for the first candidate with good hair since reagan...

McCaine is so...... Old.

I think its gonna be william henry harrison allll over again.

How long before his hip gives out?

Itch
7 Feb 2008, 01:19pm
Romney has not completely dropped out. He has "suspended his campain" This allows him to retain the votes he has and if McCain screws up bad enough he's still able to run. It allows him to bow out gracefully if McCain continues to do well but leaves him enough room to stay in the race if those who are calling for McCain to step down get what they want.

Omega
7 Feb 2008, 02:46pm
Romney has not completely dropped out. He has "suspended his campain" This allows him to retain the votes he has and if McCain screws up bad enough he's still able to run. It allows him to bow out gracefully if McCain continues to do well but leaves him enough room to stay in the race if those who are calling for McCain to step down get what they want.

Romney has as much chance as Ron Paul, especially now that he made this official.

Itch
7 Feb 2008, 03:08pm
Romney has as much chance as Ron Paul, especially now that he made this official.

I wasn't arguing that point.. I was just clarifying what has happened.

Jupina
7 Feb 2008, 03:38pm
he holds enough delegate votes to have an impact on who is chosen for the republican candidate. he's taking enough votes from the other two candidates that they really cant tell right now who it will be.

Omega
7 Feb 2008, 05:03pm
he holds enough delegate votes to have an impact on who is chosen for the republican candidate. he's taking enough votes from the other two candidates that they really cant tell right now who it will be.

It's McCain, Jupina... he has almost twice as many delegates than Romney and Huck combined.

In related news, Hillary has overtaken Obama 1033 - 937

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/scorecard/

Zero001
7 Feb 2008, 05:38pm
She's only 10 points ahead. Those superdelegates are unofficial.

Omega
7 Feb 2008, 06:30pm
She's only 10 points ahead. Those superdelegates are unofficial.

Then why even have them there?

Zero001
7 Feb 2008, 06:43pm
Then why even have them there?

I don't know why they included the superdelegates, you'll have to ask CNN. They did however write this "Total delegates include pledged delegate and superdelegate estimates."

phatman76
7 Feb 2008, 06:48pm
The dems is gonna be really close, my bet is up until the convention itself. And if the first convention vote goes without a winner, no one is pledged to a candidate in the revote.

Jewpiter
13 Feb 2008, 08:23am
I've always been a Romney supporter because of the fact that he wants to lower the tax rate on interest,dividends and capital gains for those with an AGI under 200k. VERY pro stock market candidate

LegalSmash
13 Feb 2008, 08:53am
i agree with it in principle, but it wont do much, as the rate for Capital Gains is already at the lowest rate it has been in recent history. I would seek reduction of the federal or state income tax itself, and close down social programs that do not help the middle class, if we are going to pay for them.

Jasper
13 Feb 2008, 09:21am
I've always been pro Ron Paul. When he speaks i feel that he actually means what he is saying, not just lying out of his ass like Hillary.

LitKey
13 Feb 2008, 04:41pm
I've always been pro Ron Paul. When he speaks i feel that he actually means what he is saying, not just lying out of his ass like Hillary.

It's true that he means what he's saying, but that doesn't mean what he says is good.

Jasper
13 Feb 2008, 06:36pm
It's true that he means what he's saying, but that doesn't mean what he says is good.

What about it do you think isn't good?

Red
13 Feb 2008, 06:39pm
Its naivety given the global environment which is unavoidable.

MANFRA
19 Feb 2008, 10:24am
I'm a die hard Republican, always have been. I have even held office in my town. I'm also running as a Delegate to the National Convention. Although the past 6 or 7 years Bush has taken us in the wrong direction. Fiscally speaking, he is no conservative. He is just as spend crazy as Clinton and most democrats. Not to mention a War that violates our Constitution.

What a mistake we made 8 years ago electing him :\ Forbes was my guy.

P.S. McCain would only be worse then Bush. Can't believe he's made it this far.

MANFRA
19 Feb 2008, 10:27am
I've always been a Romney supporter because of the fact that he wants to lower the tax rate on interest,dividends and capital gains for those with an AGI under 200k. VERY pro stock market candidate

I'm not a fan of Romney simply because he doesn't like to look at new creative idea's. I REALLY became a non fan of his after he said Ron Paul should be laughed at for what he believes in. Romney is a joke and thats why he dropped out, people started to realize there was nothing in his head behind that good looking face. He is just another elitest hungry for more and more money. He doesn't care about us.. the people working hard for a living.