PDA

View Full Version : auto snipers

dalar
7 Feb 2008, 06:34am
i would like to see if we can get auto snipers restricted on all escape servers, or atleast limited to like 2 per team. because they are a very cheap weapon and mostly rank whores use them. if you get someone with any skill at all, its almost impossible for a zombie to kill a human if they are down a hallway or some straight corridor. it makes the rounds no fun because if you start as zombie on some maps, you get raped by so many people with auto sniper, also it makes the rounds no fun because of the zombie dieing so fast.

Jaffa
7 Feb 2008, 08:44am
HATE AUTOSNIPERS SO MUCH

They make it really hard for zombies to do anything on most maps, especially when you get around 6-7 people with autosni[ers concentrating on one chokepoint

EvInReaLife
7 Feb 2008, 09:13am
AUTO SNIPRZ IZ N00B WEPON.

seriously, take em off

Saxe
7 Feb 2008, 09:20am
I don't know really..

It's rarely used at the UK escape server, at least when I'm there, so I don't see the problem.. And btw. don't they make you slow as well? All you need to do is be a little sneaky :p

But maybe it should be banned in some of the more narrow maps if its possible to determine weapons on individual maps.

Farmer Mick
7 Feb 2008, 11:17am
they r so pissing annoying once u spawn u r dead almost instantly

dalar
7 Feb 2008, 11:36am
I don't know really..

It's rarely used at the UK escape server, at least when I'm there, so I don't see the problem.. And btw. don't they make you slow as well? All you need to do is be a little sneaky :p

But maybe it should be banned in some of the more narrow maps if its possible to determine weapons on individual maps.

yes they make you slow, while you have them out, just pull out your knife or pistol and you run just as fast as everyone else

phatman76
7 Feb 2008, 12:22pm
Don't get rid of autosnipers. They fulfill a key range role that no other gun can accomplish. Machine guns and other rifles can't push back zombies as well and shotguns don't have the accuracy. Look, a single autosniper is way more vulnerable than any other player with a gun. Of course seven autos surrounding ya would kill ya, but so would seven shottys or subs also...

Saxe
7 Feb 2008, 12:22pm
just pull out your knife or pistol and you run just as fast as everyone else

Yea sure, that's what I meant mate :)

But when someone is shooting with it, it's often possible to sneak behind them - and if it isnt possible single-handedly you could use a decoy. But I certainly wouldn't mind them being taken off if it sounded like that - just tried to defend the use of them in some maps ;p

VirDeBello
7 Feb 2008, 01:27pm
Hell yeah rank whores us that lol Like me. One of the worse maps to have that gun is on ATIX Heli. lol "the ledge". Git two people on that ledge with autosnipers and they basically won the map. I remember holding off like 10 zombies one time and I had an autosniper lol my score must have been like 60 or 70. But I thought autosnipers were banned anyways?

Jaffa
7 Feb 2008, 02:04pm
They're banned on atix heli, but not on others.

I definatly think they should be at least restricted, because the game is so shitty when people stack with autosnipers. you can't ever compare a stack of autosnipers to a stack of any other gun, becuase they have a stupidly massive knockback with each shot, plus a high damage headshot. Lastly, shotties etc requuire actual skil to survive with (with varying degress of course) but with autosnipers you can just crouch anywhere and start firing.

dalar
7 Feb 2008, 03:18pm
Don't get rid of autosnipers. They fulfill a key range role that no other gun can accomplish. Machine guns and other rifles can't push back zombies as well and shotguns don't have the accuracy. Look, a single autosniper is way more vulnerable than any other player with a gun. Of course seven autos surrounding ya would kill ya, but so would seven shottys or subs also...

that is so not true, that statment fails so hard. and someone with a auto sniper is not vunerable at all.

phatman76
7 Feb 2008, 06:46pm
that is so not true, that statment fails so hard. and someone with a auto sniper is not vunerable at all.

lol, ok. Just don't get rid of em all. Like on Nostromo for instance, autosnipes can really help the final hold at the pods. Don't ban em off, just restrict them.

dalar
8 Feb 2008, 08:32am
so anyone got a decision on this? henda? nuggs? zero? cloud? red? any AO?

Haggard
8 Feb 2008, 08:37am
No decision will be made without a poll. Open a poll to restrict auto snipers on all escape maps and lets see where the votes end up. yes or no

Super Nublet
8 Feb 2008, 08:44am
lol, ok. Just don't get rid of em all. Like on Nostromo for instance, autosnipes can really help the final hold at the pods. Don't ban em off, just restrict them.

I haven't seen anyone use Autosnipe in Nostromo, mostly 5 ppl with M249, thats all that is needed. lol

But i do support the idea of banning that nub-cannon aka autosnipe.

I once made a vote if autosnipes should be restricted, 1=i'm a noob that cant live without it, 2=No, 3=Yes.
Guess which one won the vote?

20ppl voted YES, 2 NO, and 2 just voted 1.

dalar
8 Feb 2008, 09:33am
No decision will be made without a poll. Open a poll to restrict auto snipers on all escape maps and lets see where the votes end up. yes or no

im on it haggard!~

Gumpy
8 Feb 2008, 10:46am
Why would you use an auto-sniper on a escape map? I can understand auto-sniper whores on heli or dust escape but thats it really...

Blank
8 Feb 2008, 12:23pm
Is the autosniper rifle really that good? Maybe I'll try it out.

VirDeBello
8 Feb 2008, 12:40pm
omg if you ban autosnipers I won't be able to git an easy 75 points on ATIX Helicopter anymore :arghh: