PDA

View Full Version : Balance Obama Budget?

Drox
14 Dec 2009, 12:25pm
70lkobYY0Hc

Interesting Video

Prez
14 Dec 2009, 01:54pm
Wow, that makes some sense, actually. And lol at the gorilla.

Voltage
14 Dec 2009, 02:16pm
It's true.

Italian Jew
14 Dec 2009, 03:06pm
and thus the world was saved by some guy on the internet

Prez
14 Dec 2009, 03:08pm
and thus the world was saved by some guy on the internet

And oh, that he did come down, shining from the heavens beaming through the clouds, and he did saves us. Amen.

PotshotPolka
14 Dec 2009, 03:56pm
I wish fiscal policy was easy enough to be summed up in a two minute video.

Phonicz
14 Dec 2009, 04:14pm
that kinda makes sense

tank40175
14 Dec 2009, 07:04pm
I wish fiscal policy was easy enough to be summed up in a two minute video.

Granted there is alot more to fiscal policy. This guy is just keeping to the basics so that the layman can get a basic understanding of what is going on. He makes some other videos that are illustrated in the same way. But are not by any means exagerated. Even the CBO right now says that our budget is not sustainable on it's current course, not counting Cap and Trade, or Health reform. Which the President, and most of Congress have mislead the public on what the real cost will be. The American people are starting to wake up to the crap Congress and the President are trying to pull, hopefully its not to late to do something about it.

PotshotPolka
14 Dec 2009, 07:18pm
Granted there is alot more to fiscal policy. This guy is just keeping to the basics so that the layman can get a basic understanding of what is going on. He makes some other videos that are illustrated in the same way. But are not by any means exagerated. Even the CBO right now says that our budget is not sustainable on it's current course, not counting Cap and Trade, or Health reform. Which the President, and most of Congress have mislead the public on what the real cost will be. The American people are starting to wake up to the crap Congress and the President are trying to pull, hopefully its not to late to do something about it.

Tbh, the matter of encouraging fiscal responsibility and curbing the national debt to prevent a collapse in the world monetary system was too late ten years ago now isn't the time for reform, it's just the time for denial and the inevitable firesale. Healthcare reform isn't what most people think it is. The health-care reform is an attempt to manipulate the market to drive down prices, which could in turn save trillions in federal mandatory spending in medicade/care. All the rhetoric from both sides and the interest groups is just smoke and mirrors when you compare it to this.

Prez
14 Dec 2009, 07:47pm
Tbh, the matter of encouraging fiscal responsibility and curbing the national debt to prevent a collapse in the world monetary system was too late ten years ago now isn't the time for reform, it's just the time for denial and the inevitable firesale. Healthcare reform isn't what most people think it is. The health-care reform is an attempt to manipulate the market to drive down prices, which could in turn save trillions in federal mandatory spending in medicade/care. All the rhetoric from both sides and the interest groups is just smoke and mirrors when you compare it to this.

I'm no political smart-guy, but I'd have to agree 100% with you here, Potshot. I'd have to agree when you say that the time for denial is now, and there will probably be a firesale sometime. We've taken too long to try and stop this, so I guess now it's time to pay the price.

Bilbo Baggins
16 Dec 2009, 04:17pm
What our country really needs is to cut all the partisan bull****and actually have meaningful debates in Congress that actually gets things done for the good of the US. Cutting costs in healthcare is one of those things that needs to get done.

PotshotPolka
16 Dec 2009, 04:33pm
What our country really needs is to cut all the partisan bull****and actually have meaningful debates in Congress that actually gets things done for the good of the US. Cutting costs in healthcare is one of those things that needs to get done.

It won't happen precisely because

The partisan bullshit is what it's all about.
Interests groups will pressure Congressional members from every direction.
Bipartisanship projects will only work IF both parties can assume credit for something that is viewed by a vast consensus as a good idea (and usually has to do with curbstomping pedophiles). This case is not one.

And yes, previous to all of this debate national polls ask people if "Are willing to pay extra taxes to extend coverage to all citizens via a national healthcare plan?" The returns were 70% for it. It's dropped significantly because of hublah over the fact that it's a complex subject, and there are many groups meddling in it, not surprising because the insurance companies will bleed if it passes as is.

Bilbo Baggins
16 Dec 2009, 04:55pm
It won't happen precisely because

The partisan bullshit is what it's all about.

Nebraska seems to be okay last I checked, they have a unicameral, and nonpartisan legislature.

PotshotPolka
16 Dec 2009, 05:02pm
Nebraska seems to be okay last I checked, they have a unicameral, and nonpartisan legislature.

orly?

Unicameral? Yes, and honestly there is nothing wrong with that, especially on a state level.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nebraska_LegislatureAs cute as the idea of non-partisanship is, it doesn't exist They all are still affiliated to a party and acquire funding through them. It's actually a bad idea to outright prevent party based elections.

Bilbo Baggins
16 Dec 2009, 05:16pm
orly?

Unicameral? Yes, and honestly there is nothing wrong with that, especially on a state level.

As cute as the idea of non-partisanship is, it doesn't exist They all are still affiliated to a party and acquire funding through them. It's actually a bad idea to outright prevent party based elections.

DON'T BREAK MY BUBBLE DAMMIT!

lol, you're right I'm wrong.