PDA

View Full Version : ze_canal_escape

£cho
5 Feb 2008, 02:19pm
Please only rate this map if you've played on it for at least a couple of rounds to know what you're talking about. Also, if you do comment, make sure you make suggestions instead of just saying it's bad or you don't like it. Your suggestions will help improve the map in the future.

HOWEVER, keep in mind that this map will only be updated if there is some major glitch or flaw in the map. Otherwise, it will remain as it is.

Thanks for your understanding, everyone.
Below are some screenshots to jog your memory.

http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/wips/33929.jpg
http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/wips/33930.jpg
http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/wips/33931.jpg
http://image.fpsbanana.com/ss/wips/33932.jpg

Vampy
6 Feb 2008, 11:02am
the river is too clear, you can spot a zombie easily, so maybe add industrial waste into the river to make it murky :>

add more ladders to get up to the ledge from water, otherwise i would be dead bored tredding water until i get near the bridge

Itch
6 Feb 2008, 11:35am
I played the map for about 45 minutes last night and a majority of the time was spent in the water due to being glitched off of the boats. Please do add more ladders as an option for those of us who continually get dumped off. Other than the treading water issues it played pretty well.

£cho
6 Feb 2008, 02:00pm
Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll make sure to try and make the boats less glitchy and add more ladders in the fixed version. I just need some more feedback to make sure I get everything sorted out. As for the water, well, I think I might leave it the way it is. Just get the hell out of the water. lol

Henda
6 Feb 2008, 06:27pm
Oi lazy arse, fix the ending, make somehing new, not copied off one of ya old maps...lazy :P

Seriously tho, make something new up, the end ruined the map for me. Also the boats dont work, just add the boatescape ones, they do great.

Ichigos
7 Feb 2008, 10:43pm
its a good map and all. fall in the = deadzone if possible add a ledge by the water. and some ropes 2 climb and a truck that go's on the leadge :bump-7:

{bAy} sUP
9 Feb 2008, 04:19pm
longer version of zm_dust beta u can seew the wall is the same

£cho
9 Feb 2008, 05:38pm
Only the ending was taken from ze_dust, and I made that map. Everything else is original. I know it's not new or anything, but it's a good ending, and it's staying.

Thanks for all the suggestions. A fixed version of the map will probably come next week.

Soviet
11 Feb 2008, 03:53pm
This map is very nice, Very Nicely Made. Some of the Jumps are difficult for some players though, this isn't a major problem, as someone will usually crouch and help them, but it would not hurt to add some more small boxes to help boost up some players.

Widow
11 Feb 2008, 03:56pm
Yeah it is like dust but it has water :shocked: echo u did make that map aswell right? and yeah its good solid map if not rather hard is places

Suri
11 Feb 2008, 07:33pm
I did not like the map at first, but i think its because i did not give it a real shot. But after playing it more i am starting to really like the map.

Two things i would like to see is more ropes or ladders so we can get out of the water.:) And a better boat system. Way to easy to get knocked off.

But really do enjoy the map now. People need to give any given map more play time, and not judge to fast like i almost did with this map.

Smallsasaurus
13 Feb 2008, 10:34pm
I like this map, except for (like a lot of people said) the very ending. Its just to easy to defend. Another entrance into that little courtyard area by the bunker would be ideal to make the ending more interesting. I also like the fact that the boats are glitchy. What fun would it be if all 20 people got in the boats and just cruised to the end? The fact that 5-6 people get to use the boats and might have to hold the docks while everyone else catches up is entertaining and more challenging. I personally just go straight for the ladders and start running anyway.

Two thoughts here that are probably to hard to add in now, but might be cool for a future map. First, the sides of the canals are to easy for Zombies to stay on. They are pretty straight and as a human its tough to get an angle to shoot them into the water. A few sharper banks to the path or a bridge you might have to cross would have been nice. Although if you have a group of two or three, its easy to hold zombies off at one of the box jumps. Second would to be to slow the boats down just a touch. I've noticed even when I'm the front runner on land, I'm still getting to the end 30 seconds after the boats. It's not that big of a problem as the nuke doesn't come for a while after that even, but I feel like it would help balance the zombies/humans out if one or the other gets control of the boats.

Design/Layout: 8.5/10
Re-playability: 9/10
Fun Factor: 8/10

Overall: 9/10 (not an average)
This one is a marathon. Bring your running and jumping shoes in case you miss the boat.

mystickiller411
16 Feb 2008, 08:12pm
the end of the map could be better and there is no reason to run the boats will beat you too easily.
and make some more traps for the run like shooting stuff down maybe rocks are something

i agree with smallsasaurus about the boats but the people falling off the boats might feel a little cheated. maybe make the boat a little bigger and add walls maybe

Jewpiter
26 Feb 2008, 07:02am
I like this map a lot.
The map uses the small black rubber boats to take the CTs away. The main problem with these boats is they are so small and half of the occupants are glitched off (usually unintentionally). If the map used the big white boats like in boat escape then I think there wouldn't be as big of an issue with falling off the boat.
I'm not a man that likes many maps but this one gets my seal of approval.