PDA

View Full Version : College Football Championships

/dev/null
4 Dec 2009, 10:22am
Any predictions on the college football championships? Some of them are taking place tomorrow (Saturday, December 5).

I predict that Florida will beat Alabama in the SEC championship.
I'll hold off on predicting the ACC championship as I'm a little biased towards one team.
I say Texas will beat Nebraska in the Big 12.
Cincinnati will top Pittsburgh in the Big East.

Any other championships going on tomorrow?

Josh
4 Dec 2009, 10:31am
College Football needs a new playoff system.... That is all I have to say.

Italian Jew
4 Dec 2009, 10:33am
College Football needs a new playoff system.... That is all I have to say.

You speak the truth

/dev/null
4 Dec 2009, 10:34am
I agree with that. It's pretty stupid that Florida and Alabama are going to play each other in the SEC championship and in the BCS championship.

Drox
4 Dec 2009, 10:36am
Go Bama! and no they wont play each other i nthe BCS championship, how it works is whoever wins the SEC championship game with go face Texas in the BCS champ game since if one of them lose they drop their rank and Texas moves up. lol Know your shit bro :P

/dev/null
4 Dec 2009, 10:38am
Oops lol. Didn't pay attention to the fact that either team would drop. Still, College Football needs a playoff system. At least we don't have sudden death like NFL though!

Drox
4 Dec 2009, 10:39am
Oops lol. Didn't pay attention to the fact that either team would drop. Still, College Football needs a playoff system. At least we don't have sudden death like NFL though!

Alot of people want a playoff system, the only problem is way too many teams to figure out how the hell it would work. Cause sometimes you got teams who play nothing but crappy team in like WAC or something and go undefeted but if they faced a Big Ten, Pac 10 or SEC team they would get raped, so they usually get ranked low.

Josh
4 Dec 2009, 10:40am
Go Bama! and no they wont play each other i nthe BCS championship, how it works is whoever wins the SEC championship game with go face Texas in the BCS champ game since if one of them lose they drop their rank and Texas moves up. lol Know your shit bro :PThat's not guaranteed either. BCS selection sucks ass, we need an actual bracket playoff system.

Drox
4 Dec 2009, 10:41am
That's not guaranteed either. BCS selection sucks ass, we need an actual bracket playoff system.

Unless Texas loses the same day, then it is guaranteed. lol

Josh
4 Dec 2009, 10:41am
Unless Texas loses the same day, then it is guaranteed. lolWhich is why it isn't guaranteed....

/dev/null
4 Dec 2009, 10:42am
So back to the original problem...Florida and Alabama could play each other twice?

Drox
4 Dec 2009, 10:44am
So back to the original problem...Florida and Alabama could play each other twice?

They could, but its unlikely. Since Texas plays a weak last team, it would take god's hand to make that happen but it can happen. I remember 2 years ago like the top 5 teams all lost moving Ohio St up like 6-7 ranks and they ended up going to the championship game. lol Shit happens

Drox
5 Dec 2009, 01:43pm
Lets go Bama! :P

Drox
5 Dec 2009, 05:49pm
Roll Tide!!!! Alabama stomped Florida, 32-13! Congratz Bama on the SEC Championship :P

Italian Jew
5 Dec 2009, 05:51pm
Roll Tide!!!! Alabama stomped Florida, 32-13! Congratz Bama on the SEC Championship :P

For some reason, I just love seeing Tim Tebow cry.

Drox
5 Dec 2009, 05:53pm
For some reason, I just love seeing Tim Tebow cry.

lol I think we all do

Josh
5 Dec 2009, 06:01pm
Tebow Christ crying... This day couldn't get any better sports wise.