PDA

View Full Version : What Jeffersonian Republican ideologies are present in current day political parties?

Akaru
2 Dec 2009, 08:35pm
I have to do a research paper that is due this Friday and I'm REALLY bad at history, especially governmental history (I don't know what the difference between the Democratic party and the Republican party is).

My questions are:
What are the current day political parties?
What Jeffersonian Republican ideologies are present in current day political parties?

I know that Jefferson and Hamilton were neck to neck on governmental issues. Jefferson desired a strong state-based government, strict translation of the Constitution, and leaned towards the lower to middle class. The problem is that I do not know anything about the current day political parties. So if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it!

PS. Can you put down where you got the information? I would like to read the material myself.

Thanks!

TheTruth
2 Dec 2009, 08:41pm
What are the current day political parties?

Democratic Party
Republican Party
Green Party
Constitution Party
Libertarian Party

Is that what you mean? B/c there are tons of parties but those are just the "major" ones.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

Italian Jew
2 Dec 2009, 08:41pm
Do your own work please.

GOOGLE

What happened to the days where kids just went about and did their own research?

/rage

LegalSmash
3 Dec 2009, 04:43am
Do your homework.

b0red
3 Dec 2009, 04:49am
Do your own work please.

GOOGLE

What happened to the days where kids just went about and did their own research?

/rage

Wikipedia can be your friend too.

PotshotPolka
3 Dec 2009, 09:49pm
the answer is hypocrisy.

Ganzta
4 Dec 2009, 12:25am
I see that we have another Toxin here.

Toxin
4 Dec 2009, 05:00pm
I see that we have another Toxin here.

:oh: