PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Surf into BreakFloor

Metal
30 Nov 2009, 04:19pm
I'm making a thread for this because there as been alot of chit-chat about this.
I can see why some people want Breakfloor and the reasons are well supported.
IMO, i think it would be a shame to get rid of Zombie surf, but it was a one shot try.
Zombie surf did good, don't get me wrong, but the only bad side to ZS is "surfing".
A few people can get to area others cant, and it makes people leave.

On to breakfloor.
We can do so much with Breakfloor, let me list them.

Gungame: breakwall/breakfloor.
Zombie: Breakfloor
Reg: Breakfloor

Even gungame as pros and cons.

Pros- Its a floor that breaks. * Its a joke btw.
Cons- Teamkillers

This isn't my idea, its just my opinion
Do not Troll or Flame this!
I want respectable reply's to this thread.
If you do not, i will request your reply get deleted

b0red
30 Nov 2009, 04:24pm
Good sir, This would be nice and all but I think a Gmod or tf2 server would be better. But Since those will never happen I am 50/50 on this.

MPQC
30 Nov 2009, 04:28pm
Breakfloor is the epic wins. Also, I recall playing Breakroof & breakwall on zombiemod, (and several breakfloor edits) so you can add that to your tiny list as well. =P

XeNo
30 Nov 2009, 04:28pm
We had Gmod server for ever, hardly anyone played it.

We had TF2 as well, people played it for awhile then it just became a pain to try and find people in community who have it and want to play on our server.

Metal
30 Nov 2009, 04:33pm
You guys mind giving input on if we should switch ZS to BF.
Thank you

b0red
30 Nov 2009, 04:34pm
Thank you

We Should. Case and Point.

Marshmallow
30 Nov 2009, 04:37pm
Breakfloor was pretty fun, I just hope it isn't a WC Mod on the Breakfloor cause I rage from that.

Paul
30 Nov 2009, 04:39pm
I think we just need to close 2/3 empty servers and try and fill the ones we currently have.

Dracula
30 Nov 2009, 04:49pm
I think we just need to close 2/3 empty servers and try and fill the ones we currently have.

This for all that is holy or /b/ related.

b0red
30 Nov 2009, 04:49pm

I agree, since the only servers played are Surf(sometimes), PB, ZE, MG, and Deathrun

Metal
30 Nov 2009, 04:51pm

Ok, so keep
Prison break
Zombie escape - only the one
Gungame
Minigame
Deathrun
Napalm
Deathmatch
Surf

Others can go.

We should keep the servers plain and simple.
But i still think Breakfloor would be a good server to replace Zombie surf.

But imo i think all we need are:
Zombie escape
Napalm
Deathrun
Deathmatch
Prison Break
Breakfloor
MiniGames
Gungame

This for all that is holy or /b/ related.

Stay on topic and give your opinion, Jesus

Paul
30 Nov 2009, 04:52pm
I agree, since the only servers played are Surf(sometimes), PB, ZE, MG, and Deathrun

I wouldnt even consider deathrun popular anymore. Ill work my magic on the server, like usual :D , remove all the maps and give it like a 20-30 good maplist.

Surf has also seen better days too in terms of map list.

Italian Jew
30 Nov 2009, 04:55pm

Yeah, we should remove Napalm, ZS, Gun Game, and Crackhouse. Haven't seen many people (if at all) on those servers.

Also need to look at the bhop server, KF server, and scrim server. The only real traffic I see is from the Escape servers, jailbreak server, and minigame server. Traps gets iffy here and there.

I don't see the point in keeping so many servers when many of them are barely populated at their peak hours. The problem might be that a lot of the older players who came here for the Napalm server or the breakfloor server no longer have the time to get on frequently. I would love for steady traffic to hit the Napalm server, but I understand that it isn't possible as has been shown in the past.

You might need to lump certain server genres together if enough people want to play on them. You could make Napalm and breakfloor on the same server and keep it subject to a player map vote.

I don't know about gungame though; it seems nobody feels like playing it or has the time to play that one either.

Crackhouse could be with regular CS, but again, I don't think enough people would play it for a long time to warrant the effort to do so.

At the very least, a few servers need to be cut because nobody really plays on them. Spending money on servers that nobody plays on is just a waste.

Metal
I wouldnt even consider deathrun popular anymore. Ill work my magic on the server, like usual :D , remove all the maps and give it like a 20-30 good maplist.

I would suggest a global SG meeting or SA+ UP to talk about it.

Yeah, we should remove Napalm, ZS, Gun Game, and Crackhouse. Haven't seen many people (if at all) on those servers.

Also need to look at the bhop server, KF server, and scrim server. The only real traffic I see is from the Escape servers, jailbreak server, and minigame server. Traps gets iffy here and there.

I don't see the point in keeping so many servers when many of them are barely populated at their peak hours. The problem might be that a lot of the older players who came here for the Napalm server or the breakfloor server no longer have the time to get on frequently. I would love for steady traffic to hit the Napalm server, but I understand that it isn't possible as has been shown in the past.

You might need to lump certain server genres together if enough people want to play on them. You could make Napalm and breakfloor on the same server and keep it subject to a player map vote.

I don't know about gungame though; it seems nobody feels like playing it or has the time to play that one either.

Crackhouse could be with regular CS, but again, I don't think enough people would play it for a long time to warrant the effort to do so.

At the very least, a few servers need to be cut because nobody really plays on them. Spending money on servers that nobody plays on is just a waste.

Gungame as to stay, we use it for events.

I would rather see

Napalm
Deathmatch
Prison Break
Breakfloor
MiniGames
Gungame
Escape
BreakFloor

b0red

Thank you, Surf needs some new maps and Deathrun is popular when good maps are on. So some of your british magic would help

Woah what about the shitheads? Don't we get a say?

Tyler
30 Nov 2009, 04:59pm
Breakfloor is the epic wins. Also, I recall playing Breakroof & breakwall on zombiemod, (and several breakfloor edits) so you can add that to your tiny list as well. =P

Agree'd

I would want zombie breakfloor, it wouldnt be as fun with just guns.

PingPong
30 Nov 2009, 05:01pm
Anything is better then zombie surf.
Edit= Fully agree with Italian Jew

Neji
Breakfloor pl0x?

And can we have admin aboose night on zombie surf servah?

Bad Dog
Seriously, if you guys werent screaming every other month about wanting a new server type and just take care of the ones we had, we'd be A LOT better off.
This is why we cant have nice things..

b0red
30 Nov 2009, 05:02pm
Breakfloor pl0x?

And can we have admin aboose night on zombie surf servah?

Are the SG-A invited? :heh:

Bad Dog
30 Nov 2009, 05:04pm
Are the SG-A invited? :heh:

What are you gonna do? Mute everyone?

Metal
30 Nov 2009, 05:05pm
Seriously, if you guys werent screaming every other month about wanting a new server type and just take care of the ones we had, we'd be A LOT better off.
This is why we cant have nice things..

Well, alot of people still wanted breakfloor.
ZS was a new idea that has never been done in SG.
BF as been done in SG before and it did well.

But each month we keep getting old and new ideas, and that what makes us a good community.

b0red
30 Nov 2009, 05:05pm
What are you gonna do? Mute everyone?

FO SHO! Than get set on fire by all the admins and most likely frozen and teleported every which way.

Metal
30 Nov 2009, 05:07pm
Stay on topic people!

Bad Dog
30 Nov 2009, 05:10pm
Stay on topic people!

Look a bird!

Seriously though, I know that having these ideas are good, but I think before we make mash up mods we should have more than 3 servers with sustaining populations.

b0red
30 Nov 2009, 05:12pm
Look a bird!

Seriously though, I know that having these ideas are good, but I think before we make mash up mods we should have more than 3 servers with sustaining populations.

We need to bring back Reg CSS server once it stops being a xmas server. Make it 100tick and than populate it.

cakeshark
30 Nov 2009, 05:32pm
Good sir, This would be nice and all but I think a Gmod or tf2 server would be better. But Since those will never happen I am 50/50 on this.

TF2 server would make me so happy!

Metal
30 Nov 2009, 07:19pm
TF2 server would make me so happy!

tf2 will never happen

Paul
1 Dec 2009, 12:58am

To talk about what though? Talking about the map list would take hours and hours to go through.

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 05:18am
To talk about what though? Talking about the map list would take hours and hours to go through.

Nah, talking about maps would take hours.
I'm talking about the way the servers should go.

Just simple ideas to kinda change up them.
This is all a simple idea paul.
Im not saying we should, but as a community, it should happen.

Paul
1 Dec 2009, 05:19am
Nah, talking about maps would take hours.
I'm talking about the way the servers should go.

Just simple ideas to kinda change up them.
This is all a simple idea paul.
Im not saying we should, but as a community, it should happen.

Your right it should, but the thing with meetings on vent, is that the smallest subject that is brought up lasts for like a 20 minute discussion and it gets annoying.

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 06:10am
Your right it should, but the thing with meetings on vent, is that the smallest subject that is brought up lasts for like a 20 minute discussion and it gets annoying.

Right, but there is one way to do it.

The higher ups ask the question, and mute the channel.
Unmute 1 person going down the list and see if they have anything to say about the topic. Simple enough

Josh
1 Dec 2009, 10:55am
This needs to happen. Normal breakfloor though, not zombie breakfloor. >_>

Jazz
1 Dec 2009, 11:06am

Spoken Lab (Like a boss.) That's what's been in my mind for awhile now.

To be honest, I think we should only keep top 5-6 servers. The way I see it, those servers should be:

-Escape
-MiniGames
-Prison Break
-Crackhouse
-Deathrun

I like BreakFloor. So if BreakFloor get's populated, it'll be on my top 5-6 servers.

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 11:25am
Remember BF can be changed:
Zombie BF
Gungame BF
Reg BF
WC BF

Prez
1 Dec 2009, 02:11pm
I think either a Reg BF or a Gungame BF would be great.

Oh, and for servers, this is what I think should be done, IMO:

STEAMGAMERS.COM | RUN BITCH RUN | *Escape*
STEAMGAMERS.COM |TOP 10 ESCAPE MAPS|*LOTR Theme*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | BURN BITCH BURN | *Napalm*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | DEATHRUN | *Traps*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | PEW BITCH PEW | *GunGame*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | FLY BITCH FLY | *Surf*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | MiniGames | *Funtastic*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | Prison Break | *Mutiny*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | HO HO HO MERRY CHRISTMAS | *Xmas*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | SKILLZ BITCH SKILLZ | BHOP/TRIKZ
STEAMGAMERS.COM | DEATHMATCH | 100TIC | *Crackhouse*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | WTF FLYING ZOMBIES | *Zombie Surf*
STEAMGAMERS.COM | 1000FPS | EAST | Scrim #1
STEAMGAMERS.COM | All Whitelist |Hard/Long| Lots Of Maps (Not sure, don't play.)

White are keeps, yellow is not sure, orange are N/A (holiday server and scrim).

That would leave (excluding christmas and scrim server) 6 servers. We need to keep at least 1 zombie server, because that was the original plan, am I right?

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 03:15pm

STEAMGAMERS.COM | All Whitelist |Hard/Long| Lots Of Maps (Not sure, don't play.)

That would leave (excluding christmas and scrim server) 6 servers. We need to keep at least 1 zombie server, because that was the original plan, am I right?

This

Tyler
1 Dec 2009, 03:18pm
Spoken Lab (Like a boss.) That's what's been in my mind for awhile now.

To be honest, I think we should only keep top 5-6 servers. The way I see it, those servers should be:

-Escape
-MiniGames
-Prison Break
-Crackhouse
-Deathrun

I like BreakFloor. So if BreakFloor get's populated, it'll be on my top 5-6 servers.

I agree with all those server except crackhouse when ever i go on its always empty.

Suzaku
1 Dec 2009, 03:23pm

I second this.

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 06:04pm
Any ideas from Higher ups?

Paul
1 Dec 2009, 06:10pm
Any ideas from Higher ups?

No point keeping empty servers up that wont fill up.

The Players Online: 23/377 is starting to look a little bit piss poor.

Servers List:

Escape Server
Top 10 Escape Server
Napalm Server
Zombie Surf Server
XMAS Server (aka defuse)
Killing Floor
Surf Server
Prison Break Mutiny
Deathmatch Server
MiniGames Funtastic
GunGame Server
Variety BHOP/TRIKZ

Servers I think should be closed:

Napalm Server
Zombie Surf Server
Top 10 Escape Server
Deathmatch Server
GunGame Server (Run GGE on a different server, could easily set up a small config for it)

Temp Close/ Relaunch servers:

Deathrun Server
I think we should temp close the Deathrun server until we sort the map list out and then re-open it with fresh new skins on there, 20-30 most popular maps, 100 tick(might be 66 atm).

Reg Css Server

After the xmas period is over, we try and convert the current festive population on there and try and get the reg css server back up. Not 44 slots, a 22 small server with AWPS/ Autos restricted.

EDIT: Wanted to add a rant.

Do we really need the third dedicated server? Were in theory running 3 servers that are half full. When I sayd half full I mean half the servers never ever get anyone join them. Cant we just consolidate the servers from this new 3rd dedi and for the love of god a little payback some loyalty to the EU players by brining back EU escape.

Id jizz in my pants if we brought back the EU escape! Getting 40 ping on a zombie server is sex on a plate famz!

Tyler
1 Dec 2009, 06:38pm
If the deathrun server does get temp closed, I would suggest keeping it 66 tic, 100 tic would make it way to easy to bhop the whole map and make people rage.

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 06:43pm

By higher ups its not just you.
There are others.

Paul
1 Dec 2009, 07:11pm
By higher ups its not just you.
There are others.

I know you asked for higher up opinions, I never said they represented the views of others. There my own opinion on the situation.

whats your problem?

Prez
1 Dec 2009, 07:53pm
I think it's a good idea, but just make sure to keep GG in some form, as you've said. Don't forget it!

I also agree with closing those escape/zombie servers, because really, the only one that is, on average, decently populated is the Reg. Escape server. As for the deathmatch server, it is populated sometimes, but isn't a lot of the time. I'm going to have to agree with you for that one.

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 07:59pm
I know you asked for higher up opinions, I never said they represented the views of others. There my own opinion on the situation.

whats your problem?

Just the .
I just want opinions for the higher ups.
As we know most of you have been here for a long time and are mature towards topics like this.

b0red
1 Dec 2009, 08:25pm
.\
Plus shit about servers.

I miss playing regular css, the main reason that server was not populated is because of the registry of the bullets. My god I can't hit shit from 2 feet away, someone said it was a 66 tick server which means upgrade the server to 100 tick and fix the registry and populate the server. I remember when everyone played Reg and it was so much fun, that was how I met most of the people in the community. Bring back regular CSS, Fix Deathrun, Ditch Zombie surf, Sad to say but ditch napalm (out with the old in with new) the mod is dead and no one plays it, Trickz and Bhop need multihop for bhop maps or it won't survive, and surf needs some new maps.

Paul
1 Dec 2009, 08:26pm
Just the .
I just want opinions for the higher ups.
As we know most of you have been here for a long time and are mature towards topics like this.

All I did was give you my post that I posted in the AO section. Am I missing something here? :S

Metal
1 Dec 2009, 09:12pm
All I did was give you my post that I posted in the AO section. Am I missing something here? :S

Not at all.
I kinda got misplaced at the posts.

Ojad
8 Jan 2010, 10:12am
i want zombie surf, i thought the idea of it was brilliant and it was so much fun....

Prez
8 Jan 2010, 11:16am
Bump much?

And no, we're not getting it back. It died in weeks.

TNT
10 Jan 2010, 04:18am
Thank you

I say do it. BF was fun. Zombie surf is just... fail? I mean it's retarded. Zombie mod is for blockading, not just surfing until the round is over.