PDA

View Full Version : Fairy Tail Anime

Bullet Wound
24 Nov 2009, 03:40pm
Anyone else really disappointed with it?

Elleon
24 Nov 2009, 08:47pm
Not necesarrily dissapointed myself considering I didn't have any expectations. What exactly were you expecting Bullet?

Zealot
24 Nov 2009, 09:28pm
I love the manga, seriously even though its some what repetitive (eat fire, dragon roar, fist, get beaten up, power up, etc).

But I'm glad that the anime is following the manga so closely. The way they portray the magic is a bit weird though with those rune circles. All the voice acting is pretty good and fits and I think they did well to capture the shounen-esque/comedy feel of the manga.

LunarKirby
25 Nov 2009, 12:16am
I've never read the manga before, but so far I like the anime. ;D

Zealot
25 Nov 2009, 07:13am
I've never read the manga before, but so far I like the anime. ;D

You should read it, its like 150+ chapters ahead of the anime. I read about 140 in 4 days during the summer.

Bullet Wound
25 Nov 2009, 07:22am
Not necesarrily dissapointed myself considering I didn't have any expectations. What exactly were you expecting Bullet?

I dunno, they're pretty much screwed up half of the funny jokes so far, and now they're being cheap as hell and putting up those stupid dragon clips whenever Natsu uses a move, rather than have him actually fight. I could see them doing that wit Lucy when she uses her keys[Not a dragon, but what she does right now is fine], cause that makes sense, but Natsu never "summons" anything, he just punchs things or spits with fire.

Zaraki
28 Nov 2009, 08:34pm
The manga is better, natsu looks gay in the anime :p

Chaos
29 Nov 2009, 09:07pm
The manga is excellent, haven't seen the anime yet

Drox
29 Nov 2009, 09:09pm
got a wiki link to it?

Zealot
29 Nov 2009, 09:59pm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairy_Tail

Also new chapter is out early today for some reason, hoorah!

Kuro
29 Nov 2009, 10:37pm
i wasnt gonna watch the anime... i figured it was a lot like one piece.. i really only seen the first ep of the anime. I'm actually into the manga cuz it is so much like one piece. but there gonna catch up fast. the manga isnt very long so far.

Drox
29 Nov 2009, 11:00pm
It does look alittle bit like one piece, altho the plot does seem more interesting.

Bullet Wound
30 Nov 2009, 08:18am
It does look alittle bit like one piece, altho the plot does seem more interesting.

i wasnt gonna watch the anime... i figured it was a lot like one piece.. i really only seen the first ep of the anime. I'm actually into the manga cuz it is so much like one piece. but there gonna catch up fast. the manga isnt very long so far.

Both artist had the same teacher, so its obvious they would look similar.

Kuro
30 Nov 2009, 10:14pm
i should really look up that kinda stuff but im either lazy or always forgetting .. thnx for the info

Zaraki
2 Dec 2009, 05:09am

It's not, the anime version looks kinda new version of the manga story...
They left pieces out that were verry funny :sad:

But i like the action, it's better to imagine than in the manga :high5:

Doom
2 Dec 2009, 10:19pm
They made it a bit more... Kiddish?
Really, the anime is just a PG rated version for ratings. I mean, it's decent, but it was totally what I expected for a "Kid" show.
Manga, both in setup and art style, are much better in my opinion.
Oh and please, for the love of god, don't say it's like One Piece xD
If you had to compare it to something, compare it to Rave Master, which was done by the same Artist.

Kuro
3 Dec 2009, 12:23pm
i never saw/read rave master

Senior
4 Dec 2009, 05:25am

What is the plot? im watching the show cause it doesnt resemble OP as much as the manga does but i cant seem to figure out what its about. Is it about natsu looking for his dragon?

Btw, those crests are annoying as fuck, are they gonna be shown every time they use an attack?

Kuro
4 Dec 2009, 11:01pm
i dont think there really is any real plot. i'd say it more or so revolves around the chick then natsu... her name excapes me at the moment >_>

Bullet Wound
4 Dec 2009, 11:11pm
What is the plot? im watching the show cause it doesnt resemble OP as much as the manga does but i cant seem to figure out what its about. Is it about natsu looking for his dragon?

Btw, those crests are annoying as fuck, are they gonna be shown every time they use an attack?

The "Plot" revolves around the girl (Lucy), becoming a full mage while at Fairy Tail.

But TBH you'd never be able to tell that, the plot really has no direction, since I have read the manga I can tell you that it STILL has no real heading, its mainly them doing jobs for people, and using those jobs as a chance to learn about different character's past.

Zealot
9 Dec 2009, 03:19pm
The "Plot" revolves around the girl (Lucy), becoming a full mage while at Fairy Tail.

But TBH you'd never be able to tell that, the plot really has no direction, since I have read the manga I can tell you that it STILL has no real heading, its mainly them doing jobs for people, and using those jobs as a chance to learn about different character's past.

Lots of shows/animes do the set up of introducing a plot which was Lucy trying to get into fairy tail, which she did. That shit is good, done and over.

The real plot is where all the dragons left on that date which is like 07/07/07 or some shit, which is at the same time Lucy's mother disappeared.

Cause remember Natsu is looking for Igneel, the steel dragon dude his and Wendy her dragon so far.

Zaraki
9 Dec 2009, 04:47pm
Lots of shows/animes do the set up of introducing a plot which was Lucy trying to get into fairy tail, which she did. That shit is good, done and over.

The real plot is where all the dragons left on that date which is like 07/07/07 or some shit, which is at the same time Lucy's mother disappeared.

Cause remember Natsu is looking for Igneel, the steel dragon dude his and Wendy her dragon so far.

Mastermind??
Yeah that could be the case :clap:
Haven't tought about it that way, because they never talk about it at the same time...
So you won't connect them :toung:

Grtz

Zealot
10 Dec 2009, 05:37pm
Mastermind??
Yeah that could be the case :clap:
Haven't tought about it that way, because they never talk about it at the same time...
So you won't connect them :toung:

Grtz

They do..if you read the manga its implied the greater story is about all the dragons missing and lucy's mother.

Voltage
10 Dec 2009, 08:18pm
I got to start watching manga.

Zealot
19 Dec 2009, 09:31am
I got to start watching manga.

You mean read?

Also wtf eps 9 was filler. But they actually animated some of the fight in eps 10, unlike all the other fights with just screens of something getting punched -_-

Kuro
19 Dec 2009, 05:38pm
ya i havent even watched that far. im waiting for taka-subs

Zaraki
21 Dec 2009, 06:12am
ya i havent even watched that far. im waiting for taka-subs

Yeah, that could be more fun to watch...:crazy:
Just watch them with the fansubs, they don't invent new words, just amature text :rlol:

Grtz

Kuro
22 Dec 2009, 02:49pm
u've lost me? u don't like taka fansubs?

jmd787
19 Jan 2010, 01:20pm
In most cases anime is just plain not as good as manga just because they either have to put in filler because an episode covers a much bigger ground than a chapter so people like manga because it all ties in to the main story but yeah anime is subpar in my opinion so manga ftw

Desum
19 Jan 2010, 01:40pm
I'm quite disappointed with the manga myself(never bothered with the anime). While over all I think its a worthwhile read, theres just so many things the author could go further with as well as soo many things the author hasn't done at all. I hate the fact that fuckin' no one dies. The one time a main protagonist 'dies', they go "lolno, its a dream." and the one time a main antagonist dies they have to bring him back(though, I won't be too stingy on that, since the whole memory wipe sniz does add plot development.) Just overall, I think it could be so much better than it is... I usually compare it to Mahou Sensei Negima, which is probably a better manga already, but they both also kinda mess themselves up by focusing so much on the ecchi and perv part of it. ;P

Zealot
19 Jan 2010, 03:54pm
I'm quite disappointed with the manga myself(never bothered with the anime). While over all I think its a worthwhile read, theres just so many things the author could go further with as well as soo many things the author hasn't done at all. I hate the fact that fuckin' no one dies. The one time a main protagonist 'dies', they go "lolno, its a dream." and the one time a main antagonist dies they have to bring him back(though, I won't be too stingy on that, since the whole memory wipe sniz does add plot development.) Just overall, I think it could be so much better than it is... I usually compare it to Mahou Sensei Negima, which is probably a better manga already, but they both also kinda mess themselves up by focusing so much on the ecchi and perv part of it. ;P

There are deaths, just sneaky ones later on. Besides most shounen's don't have many uber blood, no head deaths.

Desum
19 Jan 2010, 03:59pm
xD As far as I know, only small little antagonists that no one really gives two shits about have died... That also brings up another point, EVERYONE who is called out as being "strong" and "unstoppable" in the manga dies sooo fucking fast in a fight. At least with Naruto and Bleach there is a sense of actual progression between the weaker characters, and there is always a well-done character ahead of the main characters that DOESN'T die in one fight. Seriously, every single antagonist... Dies/is defeated off the bat.

Zealot
19 Jan 2010, 05:32pm
xD As far as I know, only small little antagonists that no one really gives two shits about have died... That also brings up another point, EVERYONE who is called out as being "strong" and "unstoppable" in the manga dies sooo fucking fast in a fight. At least with Naruto and Bleach there is a sense of actual progression between the weaker characters, and there is always a well-done character ahead of the main characters that DOESN'T die in one fight. Seriously, every single antagonist... Dies/is defeated off the bat.

Recent chaps that dude lasted pretty long, plus natsu needed uber fire power up by g-man