PDA

View Full Version : Command & Conquer 4 Preview

Resistance
23 Nov 2009, 09:07pm
[Preview]

Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight

It's been a long road for all Command & Conquer fans. Kane's arc of the Tiberium Saga soon comes to an conclusion revealing his identity and his motives. Fear not, the Tiberium Universe is planned to continue beyond C&C 4.

Setting 15 years after the Third Tiberium War and ten years after Kane's Wrath. Tiberium Twilight begins at 2062, where the world is quickly become uninhabitable in an astounding state. Estimating that in 2068, the whole world will be insufficient to hold or produce life. At the time, the leader of NOD head straight towards the headquarters of GDI, in hopes of forming an alliance with them to create a Tiberium Control Network.

The temporary alliance between them, soon ended as extremists on both sides caused unrest. Which then sparks the Fourth Tiberium War.

Units

Tiberian Twilight will feature a total of about 80 new units. Including many new units, classic units such as the Scorpion Tank, Stealth, and Flame Tanks will get a new makeover. The iconic Mammoth Mk. II Walker will return as the Mastodon.

GDI will be bringing back utilize mainly walkers for its army while NOD will be using a majority of Cyborgs instead. Also enginners will now have the ability to repair vehicles now.

The most notable unit of the game is the Crawler, a class-specific unit. It is a mobile-base that acts as a Construction yard, a unit-producing facility, support powers and upgrades all packed into one. The Crawler is also a powerful front-line combat unit as well.

The Crawler is one of the most flexible units in the Tiberian Twilight game. It has everything in one place without the need to build the traditional base. Although defense crawlers can build all the traditional buildings such as barracks, turrets and even ion cannons or nuclear missiles.

If your Crawler is destroyed it will be replaced. Though not instantly, only the support class Crawler can be airlifted. Players are able to select where the Crawler can be placed. Crawlers are also able to garrison four units like the GDI MARV in Kane's Wrath. They are able to be upgraded with machine guns and cannons, however the upgrades will only happen in later missions.

Units are also upgradable, a key feature that was missing in Red Alert 3 but present in Generals and Tiberium Wars. New units and upgrades will all be purchased by the Tech Tree somewhat like in the Commander's Challenge from Red Alert 3: Uprising, but unlocked not by through missions but through credits.

Veggie
23 Nov 2009, 09:12pm
I'm really excited for this game, at first it looked terrible but with the change in gameplay (No more harvesters) and mobile bases it looks awesome.

Resistance
23 Nov 2009, 11:49pm
Well you can still build your traditional bases. Though the Mammoth Tank, looks uh...bulkier? Fatty? I don't know, it just looks funky to me.

Also, when they said the re-modeled everything. I guess they really did re-modeled everything. The Obelisk of Light looks more menacing now.

I dis-like how you can only have one Mastodon though...kind of dissapointing. Oh well, at least you get the Mammoth Mk. II Walker back in action again. That thing was kick-ass.

Lordcrazy
26 Nov 2009, 12:35pm
Cant wait to kick some arse in the new one, sad it will be the end to the trilogy or so they say...

Resistance
26 Nov 2009, 01:22pm
It's not the end of the Tiberium Universe, though they said it will be the end of Kane's Arc.