PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed II

Lucid
23 Nov 2009, 07:53pm
I just got the game Saturday, pretty fun. I'd say it's worth the $55.00-$65.00 if you played the first one.

Thoughts?

Dannen
23 Nov 2009, 08:19pm
Personally I really enjoy this game. It's pretty addicting and also way better then the first game.

Lucid
23 Nov 2009, 08:20pm
Personally I really enjoy this game. It's pretty addicting and also way better then the first game.

Yeah, I like the fact that you can swim in this one.

Jazzyy
23 Nov 2009, 08:23pm
i dont think any game is worth 65$.
its one more step to overcostly games.

Psyche
23 Nov 2009, 08:58pm
Its called inflation, get used to it.

Elleon
23 Nov 2009, 11:35pm
Is it still the repetative crap you played in the first, or does this one actually have some substance?

Kappa The 3rd
23 Nov 2009, 11:39pm
i dont think any game is worth 65$.
its one more step to overcostly games.

coming from someone still probably in school so you cant afford it? for a good game that can entertain you for hours, $65 is easily worth it.

and yeah, i've played like 4 hours into it at a friends, I find its like the first, in the fact it gets repetitive really quickly

Resistance
23 Nov 2009, 11:41pm
Is it still the repetative crap you played in the first, or does this one actually have some substance?

I guess, I mean you can still use a weapon if it was broken in half. You can distract gaurds by causing a riot by throwing money on the group on where they stand. Also you can ride a glider that was made and designed by Leonardo Da Vinci.

Though, i'm not that interested in AC: II to know much about it.

Elleon
24 Nov 2009, 12:15am
I guess, I mean you can still use a weapon if it was broken in half. You can distract gaurds by causing a riot by throwing money on the group on where they stand. Also you can ride a glider that was made and designed by Leonardo Da Vinci.

Though, i'm not that interested in AC: II to know much about it.

I learned that from reading 5 minutes worth of the artciles before it's release, probably such as yourself did. Even then, I wasn't expecting a great deal of change, so this isn't much a surprise.

and yeah, i've played like 4 hours into it at a friends, I find its like the first, in the fact it gets repetitive really quickly

This is a game not worth my money or time.

Lux
24 Nov 2009, 06:13am
^ Don't you play MMO's? Yet you moan about repetitiveness :confused1:

...I really LOVE the game, and it's even better than the first game, which was in itself a great game.

Ok the first was a bit repetitive, but I don't think this 2nd one is as much......The gameplay time if you bother to do everything (and none of the tasks are boring/annoying except some of the glyph puzzles) you can get A LOT of gametime out of this....I've played maybe 20 hours and I'm about 50-75% through the game (although that is just an estimate).

For me, this game's campaign is up there with several other great games like Half Life 2....

Also, there is going to be downloadable content. I don't know what it will be, and what/if it will cost money....but I think I'll get it.

Crimson
24 Nov 2009, 08:47am
This game doesn't have the boring missions before the Assassinating, it's way fun. If you're too cheap for the 59$, atleast go rent it for seven days.

Dante
24 Nov 2009, 10:20am
This game doesn't have the boring missions before the Assassinating, it's way fun. If you're too cheap for the 59$, atleast go rent it for seven days.

I second this! I loved playing this game, and how the story line goes in deeper, it's making me way to eager for the 3rd Assassin's Creed!

Morningafter
24 Nov 2009, 12:20pm
Question guys I honestly loved the first one......really didn't mind the repetive missions just loved jumping around and killing guards. Now ya think this game is worth a rent or a buy, because I know if I loved the first one i'm going to love this one...only problem is with mw2 and l4d2 and buying the freaking $100 wireless for the 360 im sick of spending cash lol.

LinkNEO
24 Nov 2009, 12:24pm
Who has seen the ending and "The Truth"
Crazy shit right there.

Elleon
24 Nov 2009, 12:35pm
^ Don't you play MMO's? Yet you moan about repetitiveness :confused1:.

That is what's expected of an MMO, and considering they aren't the same in any aspect, I would hardly consider them a reasonable comparison.

This is not a 40+ hour game, but it merely takes that long for some to finish it. The pointless and boring sidequests are suppose to be one of the biggest highlights of this open world crap everyone wants.

That shit isn't the same as going back in a previous title and playing through to get secrets you missed, or a crap load easter eggs and crystals you need to collect for a secret ending, but it is suppose to actually be apart of the main core of the gameplay. So in the end what happens? If you do nothing but the main campaign you can end up finishing the game in 15 hours but the other 40+ are tied up in ridiculous sidequests that do nothing to contribute or hold interest.

This is not a good aspect in any regards for me, and that is certainly not the reason for me to purchase the game. If it were completely original, flat out amazing from beginning to end, then yes, I would buy it, but it isn't obviously.

Also, there is going to be downloadable content. I don't know what it will be, and what/if it will cost money....but I think I'll get it.

...goodluck with that.

Zealot
24 Nov 2009, 03:27pm
I played like 3 hours into the first one and couldn't go on, I just didn't like it.

But I've heard some pretty amazing and at the same time bad things bout ACII. If I get a new desktop though I just might pick it up on a sale weekend off steam :P

Lux
25 Nov 2009, 10:56am
That is what's expected of an MMO, and considering they aren't the same in any aspect, I would hardly consider them a reasonable comparison.

So because you expect repetitiveness it's better?

This is not a 40+ hour game, but it merely takes that long for some to finish it. The pointless and boring sidequests are suppose to be one of the biggest highlights of this open world crap everyone wants.

It isn't a 40+ hour game, I wouldn't say it took me that long but so what? I don't think many games last that long, it's still enough playtime (and I haven't even gone back to do side quests etc...).

That shit isn't the same as going back in a previous title and playing through to get secrets you missed, or a crap load easter eggs and crystals you need to collect for a secret ending

I don't even know what this is meant to mean.....

but it is suppose to actually be apart of the main core of the gameplay. So in the end what happens? If you do nothing but the main campaign you can end up finishing the game in 15 hours but the other 40+ are tied up in ridiculous sidequests that do nothing to contribute or hold interest.

By doing side quests you get more money, I got quite a lot of treasure chests, did some side assassinations, races etc and if you actually don't do any of these, then you won't be able to get all the weapons, armour, upgrades etc before the campaign ends. You don't HAVE to do any of these side things, but if you want all the items, trophies and 100% completion you DO need them.

I don't really get what you are talking about, the side quests hold interest because there is a reason to do them, in the same way that killing 100 trolls to make Mr Dwarf happy is interesting...... At least you don't HAVE to do it, if they forced you to do all these side quests to complete the campaign would that make it better :huh:

The whole point of SIDE quests is that they are on the SIDE...the campaign is long IMO....it took me over 15 hours to complete and that was a satisfying amount of time compared to MW2 which was too short, and a game like Twilight Princess where I got bored of the same annoying shit after 30 hours.

This is not a good aspect in any regards for me, and that is certainly not the reason for me to purchase the game. If it were completely original, flat out amazing from beginning to end, then yes, I would buy it, but it isn't obviously.

It isn't? I think that the general concept is original (take into account that I have only played Prince of Persia on the PSP, and it's not nearly as good as this). The storyline is pretty intense, the only times where I found myself bored were some of the puzzles towards the end which were hard to do without cheating if you aren't a genius...other then that the gameplay is pretty varied.......

...goodluck with that.

Not ideal but, I like the game enough to pay more for some extra stuff....

The downside of the game is that there are a few glitches.......

ZdE7R3qvYqE

This happened to me too (it starts off with one guard getting glitched and he multiplies)....but generally the bugs aren't that bad.

Elleon
26 Nov 2009, 12:52am
So because you expect repetitiveness it's better?

I'll let you mull that one over since you can't seem to understand that there is a significant difference between and MMO like WOW and a stand alone like Assassin's Creed, so distinct, that comparing the two is completely retarded.

Unlike real secrets, hidden easter eggs etc.., that were/are placed in others games, the ones in open world titles such as Assassin's creed aren't even close to enjoyable to collect or nearly as satisfying as they should be. Proof is in the dissapointment and continuous suggestions being given, and as to why you will never see one of them on a decent Top 10 List.

I would spend countless hours of extra playtime, most purely in frustration, on games to get every single crystal or collect all of those easter eggs, because the rewards were that much more satisfying. While I may have become bored or too pissed off to continue at some point, I was always drawn back into trying again and again to know and see that secret alternate ending or to get that funky chicken sword that killed everything in one hit. I don't hear or experience that anymore in these games, and that is suppose to be the whole point of putting that stupid and meaningless shit in there, adding dozens to hundreds of extra hours worth of gameplay.

Get this, most of those rewards lasted less than seconds, while others were completely pointless and did absolutely nothing, but they were still a great deal more appealing that 99% of the sidequests and crap in Assassin's Creed. Why?

Maybe my old age of 22 and vast experience of gameplay is just out of touch with you younger kids. < Sarcasm, or is it? I wonder why others are dissapointed or annoyed with how these games turned out?

Psyche
26 Nov 2009, 08:15am
Did you just write five paragraphs on why you don't like assassins creed? If you are going to bitch and moan over a game that you won't even buy, just don't even post. Saves me from having to scroll down so much. On topic, I really enjoy the game especially with the added armor and weapon mechanic. Now I actually have a reason to do side quests. Love my butcher knife. :>

Voltage
26 Nov 2009, 10:26am
Many updates, It's definitely worth the money.

Lux
26 Nov 2009, 01:59pm
I'll let you mull that one over since you can't seem to understand that there is a significant difference between and MMO like WOW and a stand alone like Assassin's Creed, so distinct, that comparing the two is completely retarded.

Unlike real secrets, hidden easter eggs etc.., that were/are placed in others games, the ones in open world titles such as Assassin's creed aren't even close to enjoyable to collect or nearly as satisfying as they should be. Proof is in the dissapointment and continuous suggestions being given, and as to why you will never see one of them on a decent Top 10 List.

I would spend countless hours of extra playtime, most purely in frustration, on games to get every single crystal or collect all of those easter eggs, because the rewards were that much more satisfying. While I may have become bored or too pissed off to continue at some point, I was always drawn back into trying again and again to know and see that secret alternate ending or to get that funky chicken sword that killed everything in one hit. I don't hear or experience that anymore in these games, and that is suppose to be the whole point of putting that stupid and meaningless shit in there, adding dozens to hundreds of extra hours worth of gameplay.

Get this, most of those rewards lasted less than seconds, while others were completely pointless and did absolutely nothing, but they were still a great deal more appealing that 99% of the sidequests and crap in Assassin's Creed. Why?

Maybe my old age of 22 and vast experience of gameplay is just out of touch with you younger kids. < Sarcasm, or is it? I wonder why others are dissapointed or annoyed with how these games turned out?

Maybe you should play the game before you talk about how some stupid easter egg and "funkey chicken swords that kill everything in one hit " (aka retarded) are better then Assassin's Creed's stuff...if you collect feathers you can get a kick arse mace and the way it kills things is hardcore...but guess you wouldn't know that :oh:

Bad Dog
26 Nov 2009, 04:32pm
I've played it, havent beaten it.
Honestly, I liked the first AC a lot better. Maybe because it took me a while to finish since I'd stop playing it for a while, but also I just liked the formula. Ya, the missions were repetitive..but seriously, those assassinations were serious fun, and pretty challenging to do if you wanted to get it right.
I'm still trying to beat AC II, and Im pretty far into the game, and it feels like one big tutorial.
I wonder when its going to stop holding my god damn hand with every little thing function.
I DO like the new crowd blend feature, and noteriety, but seriously the combat has been dumbed down a lot, and the monetary/economic system is just useless, along with the armor/weapons/medicine.
And also, this games Night/Day system is really fucked up, one moment it will be day and i will start a mission/talk to a guy to continue the mission, and it will be night. Wtf?
Plus, these assassinations are easy as hell to execute and then retreat from.
I want a fucking challenge damnit, not a history/italian swear word lesson.

Why so Pro?
26 Nov 2009, 05:30pm
I'm going to get this game tomorrow! Sounds good already.

Lux
26 Nov 2009, 06:20pm
I've played it, havent beaten it.
Honestly, I liked the first AC a lot better. Maybe because it took me a while to finish since I'd stop playing it for a while, but also I just liked the formula. Ya, the missions were repetitive..but seriously, those assassinations were serious fun, and pretty challenging to do if you wanted to get it right.
I'm still trying to beat AC II, and Im pretty far into the game, and it feels like one big tutorial.
I wonder when its going to stop holding my god damn hand with every little thing function.
I DO like the new crowd blend feature, and noteriety, but seriously the combat has been dumbed down a lot, and the monetary/economic system is just useless, along with the armor/weapons/medicine.
And also, this games Night/Day system is really fucked up, one moment it will be day and i will start a mission/talk to a guy to continue the mission, and it will be night. Wtf?
Plus, these assassinations are easy as hell to execute and then retreat from.
I want a fucking challenge damnit, not a history/italian swear word lesson.

For me the first games missions were too repetitive and it was really hard to do the assassinations properly so I just dived in, got messy and managed to do it anyway.

With the second one I could most of the time do the assassinations properly, but a choice of greater difficulty would have been good.

It's only nearer the end where you have to fight guys with massive ban-axes that can't even be blocked (and disarm you if you try) that it starts to get tricky....but even then you have 15 medicine vials so you're about ok to survive 100+ enemies there.

That is what disappointed me......the game is good....but the difficulty is far too low, I could get away with too many things, and it was only when I was doing stupid glyph puzzles that I ever got stuck.

Apparently there is some sort of online battle play.....using ubisoft's "uplay" or something......going to try that out tomorrow.....also hope the DLC is good whenever it gets released.

Bad Dog
26 Nov 2009, 07:04pm
For me the first games missions were too repetitive and it was really hard to do the assassinations properly so I just dived in, got messy and managed to do it anyway.

Thats what I loved, retrying over and over until I nailed that assassination right, because a hard game is a fun game. This new one holds hands too much. Like, WAAY to much.
And getting away is about as easy as jumping into any nearby water source and booking it.

Elleon
26 Nov 2009, 11:03pm
Luxzorz, the entire act of deciding what is worth playing and what isn't, shouldn't be that difficult of a concept to understand.

I didn't care for the first game, I didn't care for most open world games that have been developed thus far, and as you may have realised by now, I can read perfectly well.

Why are you even discussing things in previews/reviews if you don't think that reading about a game, taking in the opinions of others, making a decision based off of those means nothing?

I don't need to play the game to know what it is like, considering most everyone here agrees that it isn't completely different from the first, it plays quite similar and players experience most of the same gameplay as the first and experience the same if not more problems that the previous.

This is where I would start referencing (retarded), a fairly reasonable and expected location to do so, unlike yours.

For all of those who disliked Assassin's Creed 1, you can probably expect the same garbage here as you did the first time around, being the point.

Dante
26 Nov 2009, 11:19pm
Luxzorz, the entire act of deciding what is worth playing and what isn't, shouldn't be that difficult of a concept to understand.

I didn't care for the first game, I didn't care for most open world games that have been developed thus far, and as you may have realised by now, I can read perfectly well.

Why are you even discussing things in previews/reviews if you don't think that reading about a game, taking in the opinions of others, making a decision based off of those means nothing?

I don't need to play the game to know what it is like, considering most everyone here agrees that it isn't completely different from the first, it plays quite similar and players experience most of the same gameplay as the first and experience the same if not more problems that the previous.

This is where I would start referencing (retarded), a fairly reasonable and expected location to do so, unlike yours.

For all of those who disliked Assassin's Creed 1, you can probably expect the same garbage here as you did the first time around, being the point.

All i hear is, My opinion is right because AC2 is shit. I loved this game, i couldn't play any other game for the whole week it took for me to beat it. I'm about to go back and re-do the game again for shits and giggles. I love this game and fully recommend it to everyone.

Elleon
26 Nov 2009, 11:36pm
All i hear is, My opinion is right because AC2 is shit. I loved this game, i couldn't play any other game for the whole week it took for me to beat it. I'm about to go back and re-do the game again for shits and giggles. I love this game and fully recommend it to everyone.

No, it is more like my opinion is my own, and AC2 is just shit regardless of what I say.

I asked a question and it was asnwered, which only suggests I will dislike this game very much.

It happens, new generation, new taste in gameplay. I expect more will be like this when the time comes, but then again, Dragon Age certainly gives me hope for the future.

Lux
27 Nov 2009, 04:53am
Dragon Age certainly gives me hope for the future

LOL whatever.....we'll just agree to disagree...ok? :blink:

Thats what I loved, retrying over and over until I nailed that assassination right, because a hard game is a fun game. This new one holds hands too much. Like, WAAY to much.
And getting away is about as easy as jumping into any nearby water source and booking it.

I agree and I would rather have it like that now, and the escapes are a bit too easy I agree......perhaps if escaping was as hard as it was in Prototype it would've been better, more replayable...

Psyche
27 Nov 2009, 03:56pm
I don't need to play the game to know what it is like

:rlol:

You are argueing how bad a game is while not even playing it. How about this, every game you have ever liked, is FUCKING GARBAGE. Of course I haven't played some of your games, but I don't have to have played them to know they are bad. Please, just stop, if you really don't like the game, this thread is not for you, may I suggest the RPG section. :>

Bubbles
1 Dec 2009, 01:22pm
i kill

everything

walk through the streets and just decide to start fights with 10 guards

Lux
1 Dec 2009, 03:01pm
i kill

everything

walk through the streets and just decide to start fights with 10 guards

Yeah although I feel naughty when it says "Warning: Ezzio did not kill civilians" :blink:

Bubbles
1 Dec 2009, 03:19pm
Yeah although I feel naughty when it says "Warning: Ezzio did not kill civilians" :blink:

does it even do anything if we continue to kill them?

Zaraki
2 Dec 2009, 05:04am
I hate ubisoft for launching the pc version later than the other consoles...
I want this game! They want to launch it later because of the piracy, but in a few months, there will be cracks everywhere... so why do we have to wait???
:crazy:

Lux
2 Dec 2009, 05:45am
does it even do anything if we continue to kill them?

I dunno, never tried.

SneakySnake
2 Dec 2009, 06:12am
I love the dual hidden blades. Fun owning guards, then looting.

Bubbles
2 Dec 2009, 09:59am
later in the game looting guards becomes pointless because if your not retarded, your already making 22k+ every 20 minutes, so the 5f every guard quickly becomes worthless

now chasing down pickpockets and getting a good 500-1500 thats a different story (and its just as fun)

Lux
2 Dec 2009, 12:37pm
later in the game looting guards becomes pointless because if your not retarded, your already making 22k+ every 20 minutes, so the 5f every guard quickly becomes worthless

now chasing down pickpockets and getting a good 500-1500 thats a different story (and its just as fun)

That is what I thought, but there is a trophy for pickpocketing 1k (kleptomaniac) and I didn't get anywhere near that until the end of the game, where I purposefully set out to get it.

Bruce
11 Dec 2009, 02:17pm
I'm considering getting this game

xoul
11 Dec 2009, 04:29pm
it a great game...you just gotta play the first b4 the second

Eldest
17 May 2010, 12:34pm
Started playing couple of days ago, have to say I like it very much(PC version). Haven't played any single player games for a while so I really enjoy following the story and trying to discover all the secrets and bonuses

Bump from grave :)

Zaraki
17 May 2010, 03:05pm
Started playing couple of days ago, have to say I like it very much(PC version). Haven't played any single player games for a while so I really enjoy following the story and trying to discover all the secrets and bonuses

Bump from grave :)

If you have DL link gimme :p
Send me over PM

tank yo!!!

Barber
17 May 2010, 03:46pm
I loved it... Since my history class was covering this period of history. i was like immersed in it :P. Pretty addicting and well constructed.

(zomg the Adam and Eve puzzles were too hard)

Dirty Sanchez
17 May 2010, 05:36pm
I loved it except for the minor freerunning accidents. Ex: jumping off of a wall instead of climbing it. Falling off a building and landing on an object 2 feet off the ground without losing health, then hitting the ground and die. And of course, jumping in the wrong direction you wanted to go to.

Eldest
18 May 2010, 12:15am
I loved it... Since my history class was covering this period of history. i was like immersed in it :P. Pretty addicting and well constructed.

(zomg the Adam and Eve puzzles were too hard)

Ye, I'm studying renaissance art and architecture in school and it's cool to climb the famous buildings, meet da vinci and see some of the paintings etc., awesome :D

Lux
18 May 2010, 04:38am
The weirdest glitch I had in AC2 was in the Venice night assassin mission I was on a rooftop with guards chasing me and I got glitched in the roof, and the guard was just standing by me and multiplying into hundreds of guards....who then fell off the roof and died :ohwell: Didn't manage to unglitch myself though.......:shocked:

If you plan on collecting feathers (or maybe if you don't....)...I'd say it's worth it if you have the patience.

Once you get 50 you get a weapon which adds some gore to the game.