PDA

View Full Version : Major Change in Admin and Supporter

Haggard
22 Nov 2009, 02:28pm
From this day forth we will no longer be charging admins and supporters monthly! We will be switching over to a donations only community. This means that admin is free and is something that must be earned. All current admin and supporters may cancel their monthly subscription effective immediately (you are hereby grandfathered into our new system). Each month we will have a goal set and if that goal is met we will be able to keep the community running as it is today. If the goal is not met we will simply downsize and readjust the goal for future months. This change will mean a change in other areas as well. I will do my best to explain all of these changes but feel free to ask questions following this post.

Getting Admin and the new Apprentice Program

In order to apply for the admin you must be a forum member for (60) days. Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed by our Community Advisers. They will have full say over who gets accepted into the "Admin Apprentice Program." The Community Advisers (CA's) will vote on who gets accepted into the program. Not all applicants will be accepted on their first try. Once accepted into the program these admin will be give limited admin powers and will be monitored by the CA's. Once a week the CA group will take a vote on who gets promoted from the program and given full admin access. Once you have full admin you have it for life, unless you break the admin rules and receive (3) strikes. If an applicant during his apprenticeship shows sings of being unfit for admin the CA's can deny the application and remove limited admin.

Change in supporter

Supporter will no longer be purchased it will simple be given as a "thank you" for supporting the community. Any member, regardless of tenure, who donates $20.00 or more will automatically be given support perks including skins and reserved slots.

Goal for December 15th

Our monthly goal will be $800.00 a month and the date at which the goal needs to be met is December 15th. You can track the progress of our goal on our donation (http://steamgamers.com/donate.php)page. You will notice I have changed the donation page and added a few new pages as well. Take a look and remember to thank those that donate and help to support your community.

http://steamgamers.com/images/donate.png (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=2)

barackobama
cool story bro

Tcp-Kill
cool beans

Crimson
Cool

Caution
fifth

Silentfaith
22 Nov 2009, 02:29pm
Great stuff man, I will still be donating monthly.

Allan
22 Nov 2009, 02:29pm
Woa, posts already. Anyway

Good update =)

Caution
22 Nov 2009, 02:30pm
I have a question then...

I just lost my admin like 3 days ago. Do I need to donate another $20 to get it back?

andre1028
22 Nov 2009, 02:31pm
interesting

Cranks
Awesome stuff.

Harbor
Can i just keep my subscription as a standing donation?

Or i dont need to donate, to keep admin? And everytime we dont make the goal random admins are removed?

Kennith
22 Nov 2009, 02:32pm
Cool Story, Bro.

Lux
22 Nov 2009, 02:32pm
Nice update, interesting to see if the goal will be reached every month.

Irish
22 Nov 2009, 02:35pm
cool beans bro

B o B
22 Nov 2009, 02:47pm
Nice choice. All I have to do now is wait until the 30:th

Dracula
22 Nov 2009, 02:48pm
Woot time to turn the purples green again.

Ares018
22 Nov 2009, 02:51pm
Cant wait to be here for 60 days :(

Metal
22 Nov 2009, 02:51pm
I R HAPPY!
Now i can donate money

mNote
22 Nov 2009, 02:52pm
Cool story bro

TheTruth
22 Nov 2009, 03:00pm
Nice change :) I'll donate some in a bit :P

Paul
22 Nov 2009, 03:11pm
Nice but I hope to god that the CA's review every application thoroughly, please no retards :rlol:

SoulKeeper
22 Nov 2009, 03:34pm
Oh shit.

SilentGuns
22 Nov 2009, 03:40pm
Id better get working on a very long and good application. ( tho Im pretty sure most of the CA hate me and will just say no )

zapper
22 Nov 2009, 03:43pm
so free stuff does exist o_O

Hello Kitty :D!
22 Nov 2009, 03:44pm
Seems like a much more user friendly system, hope it works :). Also:

Nice but I hope to god that the CA's review every application thoroughly, please no retards :rlol:

agree+1

XeNo
22 Nov 2009, 03:46pm
I continually paid $10 a month for over a year, I don't see why I would stop, nor do I see why other Admins would stop either, though I won't speak for them.

If you've paid $10 for so long, you've grown accustom to not having it, at least I have. So I see no point in stopping just cause it's optional.

xVengeance
22 Nov 2009, 03:47pm
Does this mean anyone can become an admin?

Dante
22 Nov 2009, 03:48pm
I continually paid $10 a month for over a year, I don't see why I would stop, nor do I see why other Admins would stop either, though I won't speak for them.

If you've paid $10 for so long, you've grown accustom to not having it, at least I have. So I see no point in stopping just cause it's optional.

Meh i don't really care. I'm not paying anymore. but i can see some potential problems with this. But it is nice that i no longer have to pay for it.

Dracula
22 Nov 2009, 03:52pm

Anyone could always become admin, the question is will they be voted for.

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 03:55pm
Not exactly. It means anyone can try to become admin. Doesn't mean they will be accepted.

xVengeance
22 Nov 2009, 03:57pm
Anyone could always become admin, the question is will they be voted for.

Not exactly. It means anyone can try to become admin. Doesn't mean they will be accepted.

Ahh, I see, I see . How will they apply? The normal apply section?

Dracula
22 Nov 2009, 03:58pm
Ahh, I see, I see . How will they apply? The normal apply section?

You do know Haggards post answers your questions right?

XeNo
22 Nov 2009, 04:09pm
you do know haggards posts answers your questions right?
How many posts has he made, hmm?

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 04:14pm
This is pretty freaking cool, since I always wanted to be admin but I am 15 and broke and without a paypal.

Hazardous
22 Nov 2009, 04:18pm
Cool.

Trogdor
22 Nov 2009, 04:21pm
I have a question then...

I just lost my admin like 3 days ago. Do I need to donate another $20 to get it back?

Same thing. Just ran out of admin two days ago so what would I need to do?

Crimson
22 Nov 2009, 04:24pm
Same thing. Just ran out of admin two days ago so what would I need to do?

Donate 20 dollars.

DoubleSb
22 Nov 2009, 04:29pm
So wait, we can earn Supporter AND Admin?

Doctordan
22 Nov 2009, 04:54pm
I personally dont like this new system its easy to look good for 60 days and impress every one

making some one pay for admin means they really want it filters out the majority of retards and assholes looking for trouble

Cromyth
22 Nov 2009, 04:56pm
Ehh, I'll do it eventually.

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 04:56pm
I personally dont like this new system its easy to look good for 60 days and impress every one

making some one pay for admin means they really want it filters out the majority of retards and assholes looking for trouble

Its apprentice and its just kick and mute, Full admin is $20 for life time.

Haggard
22 Nov 2009, 05:02pm

60 days means they can apply for apprenticeship but does not mean they will make it to full admin or even get accepted. If they get accepted into the apprentice program but are retards they will be stuck their and never get full admin. This system should actually be harder to get full admin then the old system and requires more of a wait period.

Doctordan
22 Nov 2009, 05:03pm
well i will save my opinion until some admins come out of this new system

Psyche
22 Nov 2009, 05:05pm
Holy shit, does that mean I can have my admin back? Is it like admins who have atleast paid 20 dollars (2 months worth) can have admin back or past admins still need to repay $20

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 05:18pm
Holy shit, does that mean I can have my admin back? Is it like admins who have atleast paid 20 dollars (2 months worth) can have admin back or past admins still need to repay $20

I believe so...

PotshotPolka
22 Nov 2009, 05:18pm
60 days means they can apply for apprenticeship but does not mean they will make it to full admin or even get accepted. If they get accepted into the apprentice program but are retards they will be stuck their and never get full admin. This system should actually be harder to get full admin then the old system and requires more of a wait period.

This, and you still need to get by me and my lobby of supreme oldfags.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2008/07/16/pool.jpg

Caution
22 Nov 2009, 05:22pm

They need to repay $20.

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 05:23pm

Dear God, this is gonna be difficult.

Dracula
22 Nov 2009, 05:23pm

Aids in the pool?

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 05:24pm

Don't judge something until you fully understand it.

Psyche
22 Nov 2009, 05:25pm

Fuck you potSHIT, I answer to nobody!

I am all for paying 20 dollars, but do past admins need to go through apprentice?

Hazardous
22 Nov 2009, 05:25pm
I'm confused, is admin free or what?

What is this $20 stuff?

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 05:27pm
I'm confused, is admin free or what?

What is this $20 stuff?

You get apprentice, which is muting and kicking kids. Its like 3/7 admin, pay the $20 and you get admin for life.

PingPong
22 Nov 2009, 05:28pm
So to my understanding i need to donate 20$ in order to recieve my admin back or do i need to reapply.

Hazardous
22 Nov 2009, 05:28pm
From this day forth we will no longer be charging admins and supporters monthly! We will be switching over to a donations only community. This means that admin is free and is something that must be earned. All current admin and supporters may cancel their monthly subscription effective immediately (you are hereby grandfathered into our new system). Each month we will have a goal set and if that goal is met we will be able to keep the community running as it is today. If the goal is not met we will simply downsize and readjust the goal for future months. This change will mean a change in other areas as well. I will do my best to explain all of these changes but feel free to ask questions following this post.

In order to apply for the admin you must be a forum member for (60) days. Once you have submitted your application it will be reviewed by our Community Advisers. They will have full say over who gets accepted into the "Admin Apprentice Program." The Community Advisers (CA's) will vote on who gets accepted into the program. Not all applicants will be accepted on their first try. Once accepted into the program these admin will be give limited admin powers and will be monitored by the CA's. Once a week the CA group will take a vote on who gets promoted from the program and given full admin access. Once you have full admin you have it for life, unless you break the admin rules and receive (3) strikes. If an applicant during his apprenticeship shows sings of being unfit for admin the CA's can deny the application and remove limited admin.

Change in supporter

Supporter will no longer be purchased it will simple be given as a "thank you" for supporting the community. Any member, regardless of tenure, who donates $20.00 or more will automatically be given support perks including skins and reserved slots.

Goal for December 15th

Our monthly goal will be $800.00 a month and the date at which the goal needs to be met is December 15th. You can track the progress of our goal on our donation (http://steamgamers.com/donate.php)page. You will notice I have changed the donation page and added a few new pages as well. Take a look and remember to thank those that donate and help to support your community.

http://steamgamers.com/images/donate.png (http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=2)

?

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 05:29pm
?

Rereading I am confused again. *HEAD HURTS!!* SO many people saying so many different things!

Dante
22 Nov 2009, 05:29pm
Don't judge something until you fully understand it.

well i agree with him 100%. Sure we got fuck heads SAs around, maybe some of you guys think i'm one of them, really i couldn't give two shits about that. But it makes us SAs look like we're chopped liver now. We no longer have any opinion about anything around here. You might as well say go fuck yourselves. And I'm not the only SA thinking the same way, many others feel the same way I do.

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 05:31pm
If you are a past admin that doesnt currently have admin you have to pay $20 to get admin pack. If you don't want to then you have to go through then you have to go through apprenticeship first to get admin again.

Paul
22 Nov 2009, 05:32pm
You get apprentice, which is muting and kicking kids. Its like 3/7 admin, pay the $20 and you get admin for life.

Wrong.

You can get [SG-A](apprentice admin) if you apply after 60 days minimum on the forums and get approved by a CA vote. Which will be the basic like kick, mute, admin chat.

The CA's then conduct weekly reviews of the [SG-A] list and discuss which apprentice admins deserve and should be given access to full admin for free, for life.

The $20 is a one off payment for supporter, for life.

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 05:32pm
If you are a past admin that doesnt currently have admin you have to pay $20 to get admin pack. If you don't want to then you have to go through then you have to go through apprenticeship first to get admin again.

So admin is really 100% free, you do the apprenticeship and wait the days and such than become admin?

Edit:
Thank you paul, I was very confused.

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 05:35pm
well i agree with him 100%. Sure we got fuck heads SAs around, maybe some of you guys think i'm one of them, really i couldn't give two shits about that. But it makes us SAs look like we're chopped liver now. We no longer have any opinion about anything around here. You might as well say go fuck yourselves. And I'm not the only SA thinking the same way, many others feel the same way I do.
Geez tone down the QQ. This doesnt not mean SAs have no say in things. SA's will still suggest rules and things to help the community. And when someone is approved to be an apprentice and you think they aren't doing a good job, then tell us. Your Admin is basically free now so why so serious? Also the old Admin system failed because of new supporters voting yes to get a vote back and because of Bandwagons. This sytem wont have that.

Psyche
22 Nov 2009, 05:37pm
If you have past admin you need to go through apprenticeship, then get admin. Now I understand, there is going to be alot of admin apps.

Chêvouÿx
22 Nov 2009, 05:40pm
What about past admins? Do we all become 'apprentices' or stay where we already are?

Dracula
22 Nov 2009, 05:40pm
What about past admins? Do we all become 'apprentices' or stay where we already are?

You stay if you are already admin.

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 05:43pm
CA's are gonna get a overload of apps

Chêvouÿx
22 Nov 2009, 05:45pm
CA's are gonna get a overload of apps

Godspeed, CAs. May He help you ;)

Haggard
22 Nov 2009, 05:51pm
NO one pays for admin. Some of you are confusing this.

If someone donates $20+ they will receive supporter powers as a thank you for donating.

If ex-admins wish to return to admin WITHOUT going through the free apprentice program they must donate $20.00 to be reinstated immediately. That is only for old admins who left on good terms. If they do not want to pay then they can apply for the apprentice program like everyone else which is free.

P3rg3
22 Nov 2009, 05:52pm
Interesting. Isn't this bad, financially speaking, for SG?

xVengeance
22 Nov 2009, 05:53pm
Interesting. Isn't this bad, financially speaking, for SG?

It actually is, most of the cheapos would stop paying for their adminz.

Psyche
22 Nov 2009, 05:59pm
I'll just donate the 20 for the community, I don't feel like getting bossed around by potshit and xenophobic

PotshotPolka
22 Nov 2009, 06:04pm
I'll just donate the 20 for the community, I don't feel like getting bossed around by potshit and xenophobic

I only give one freebie for calling me potshit, since the "i" is next to "o".

As far as bossing around goes I'm going to ask them exactly what this apprenticeship thing entails, since I'm really not one for stalking people and telling them what a thread full of commands or a short video could do just as easily.

Psyche
22 Nov 2009, 06:09pm
Everyone knows you are a evil CA bent on taking over the community, Potshat.

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 06:18pm
Its a conspiracy!!!

Frostbyte
22 Nov 2009, 06:19pm
Gonna be back in business baby.

DoubleSb
22 Nov 2009, 06:25pm
gonna be back in business baby.

everyone get out the french flags.

Harbor
22 Nov 2009, 06:31pm
So anyone and everyone can apply for aprrenticeship and get it fo free?

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 06:32pm
So anyone and everyone can apply for aprrenticeship and get it fo free?

pretty much

zapper
22 Nov 2009, 06:32pm
so haggard...why are you doing this?

Ares018
22 Nov 2009, 06:54pm
so haggard...why are you doing this?

He needs more admins!

TheTruth
22 Nov 2009, 06:56pm
He needs more admins!

We have a pretty sufficient number of admins...

Lucid
22 Nov 2009, 06:56pm
Since im still subscribed, will that $10.00 be counted as a donation now?

Haggard
22 Nov 2009, 06:58pm
Because I can ;). Mainly to prevent good admin from leaving us because they cant afford it anymore and to save me and Garfield time by not having to monitor subscription every day and constantly having to remove and setup people. I think this will promote growth and allow us to keep admins longer and maybe for life.

Financially, this could cost us but we are leaving the size of the community solely up to the community. It will allow people who really can't afford subscriptions to donate when they can afford it. I also think people didn't donate who would have if they didn't have to pay monthly. Only time will tell but I can assure you this will increase our player counts and grow the community from a (total number of players stand point).

Haggard
22 Nov 2009, 07:02pm
Since im still subscribed, will that $10.00 be counted as a donation now?

Please cancel your subscription.....I will count your payment when received but if you have not canceled by the time it recharged I will have to cancel it myself. I no longer want to spend time researching what Paypal account belong to who. If you use the donation button the form will tell me who you are and make my life easier.

Crimson
22 Nov 2009, 07:03pm
eHtlCOFgLUw

Old but awesome.

DoubleSb
22 Nov 2009, 07:14pm
ehtlcofgluw

old but awesome.

what amby? There is no amby.

Silentfaith
22 Nov 2009, 07:17pm
eHtlCOFgLUw

Old but awesome.

Rofl

Neji
22 Nov 2009, 07:28pm
Can I just keep donating 10 bucks a month?

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 07:32pm
Can I just keep donating 10 bucks a month?
Yes but cancel your subscription and donate manually every month by clicking the donate button.

barackobama
22 Nov 2009, 07:32pm
Just to add, everyone who has a subscription with me or haggard will have it cancelled within the month or 2.

Neji
22 Nov 2009, 07:39pm
But if I don't donate, I lose my admin?

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 07:44pm
No if you have/had admin as of today you dont have to donate.
Thats only for past admins who don't want to have to go through the apprenticeship.

DoubleSb
22 Nov 2009, 07:46pm

Troll.

andre1028
22 Nov 2009, 08:07pm
No if you have/had admin as of today you dont have to donate.
Thats only for past admins who don't want to have to go through the apprenticeship.

Yes but cancel your subscription and donate manually every month by clicking the donate button.

Just to add, everyone who has a subscription with me or haggard will have it cancelled within the month or 2.

Please cancel your subscription.....I will count your payment when received but if you have not canceled by the time it recharged I will have to cancel it myself. I no longer want to spend time researching what Paypal account belong to who. If you use the donation button the form will tell me who you are and make my life easier.

Because I can ;). Mainly to prevent good admin from leaving us because they cant afford it anymore and to save me and Garfield time by not having to monitor subscription every day and constantly having to remove and setup people. I think this will promote growth and allow us to keep admins longer and maybe for life.

Financially, this could cost us but we are leaving the size of the community solely up to the community. It will allow people who really can't afford subscriptions to donate when they can afford it. I also think people didn't donate who would have if they didn't have to pay monthly. Only time will tell but I can assure you this will increase our player counts and grow the community from a (total number of players stand point).

NO one pays for admin. Some of you are confusing this.

If someone donates $20+ they will receive supporter powers as a thank you for donating.

If ex-admins wish to return to admin WITHOUT going through the free apprentice program they must donate $20.00 to be reinstated immediately. That is only for old admins who left on good terms. If they do not want to pay then they can apply for the apprentice program like everyone else which is free.

Change in supporter

Goal for December 15th

For all those people who don't get it.

b0red
22 Nov 2009, 08:10pm
hahaha I found that post really funny^^^

NIKO
22 Nov 2009, 08:13pm
What would a long time friend and supporter have to do to get admin agin? im thinking of coming back

Lucid
22 Nov 2009, 08:13pm
Will apprentice admins wear the [SG] tag? Or something like [SG-t]?

Ms. Blargh
22 Nov 2009, 08:14pm

[SG-A]

Dracula
22 Nov 2009, 08:14pm

[SG-A]

Troy
22 Nov 2009, 08:26pm
yeaaaaaaah, never thought I'd live to see the day of free admin in SG, Thanks and I migh donate a lil too

xVengeance
22 Nov 2009, 08:26pm
While playing cs i was thinking about this new admin change.
Its pretty good actually.
Just be sure to watch out for pretenders.
;D.
They could pretend for some time, then after the evaluation or limited admin is over..
Let the aboosing begin.

Suri
22 Nov 2009, 08:27pm
I dont see how this is all that hard to understand. Haggard's post was really clear on how this works.

Cromyth
22 Nov 2009, 08:28pm
Okay,
Ex admins need to donate $20 to get their admin.
Current admins need to cancel their sub
Members need to make an app which if approved will make them an apprentice. Then if they prove themselves full admins.

Caution
22 Nov 2009, 09:00pm
Okay,
Ex admins need to donate $20 to get their admin.
Current admins need to cancel their sub
Members need to make an app which if approved will make them an apprentice. Then if they prove themselves full admins.

Ex admins can also go through the free program as well if they can't pay for it.

Bullet Wound
22 Nov 2009, 09:10pm
How many admins will be promoted to full admin each week? Will it be all that they feel are ready, or is there a capped limit?

Also, do Apprentices get access to the SA forum section, or do they need to be a full admin for that?

barackobama
22 Nov 2009, 09:28pm
How many admins will be promoted to full admin each week? Will it be all that they feel are ready, or is there a capped limit?

Also, do Apprentices get access to the SA forum section, or do they need to be a full admin for that?

ca's only meet weekly, it will be more like a month+ until they are made full admin

Bald
22 Nov 2009, 09:37pm
Riveting tale, old chap.

Bullet Wound
22 Nov 2009, 09:40pm
ca's only meet weekly, it will be more like a month+ until they are made full admin

But Haggard says in his original post they will meet weekly and do a vote on who gets promoted.

Or will it be more like: after the first month of this is done, they will meet weekly and each week promote someone/multiple people who have been in the program for over a month and that they feel are ready.

Shadowex3
22 Nov 2009, 09:45pm
I haven't opened the application forum yet but I bet it's an ocean of purple.

Crimson
22 Nov 2009, 10:57pm
But Haggard says in his original post they will meet weekly and do a vote on who gets promoted.

Or will it be more like: after the first month of this is done, they will meet weekly and each week promote someone/multiple people who have been in the program for over a month and that they feel are ready.

Every Sunday at 4 O'clock Eastern, the CA will have a meeting regarding people getting apprentice and people getting promoted to Full time Admin (SA)

This will happen every Sunday until we change the system. First meeting is Nov 29th 2009, if you made a admin, expect a PM after 4 EST. We may make a public thread weekly posting about the promotions, but that's TBA.

I haven't opened the application forum yet but I bet it's an ocean of purple.

We've had around 18 apps, going to be a longgg meeting on Sunday.

Kuro
23 Nov 2009, 01:27am

is this a one time only donation? or a monthly donation?

Cranks
23 Nov 2009, 01:45am
is this a one time only donation? or a monthly donation?

One time donation.

Mystique
23 Nov 2009, 02:25am
It's a one time donation to become a supporter for live. Any other donation you make, is just to let people see that you like the community and support in its further existence.

* Edit: Yea i didnt saw that post Cranks.. lol

Daze
23 Nov 2009, 06:37am
Lil bit late but......cool!

Crazy Dane
23 Nov 2009, 06:49am
i dont understand.

anomo
23 Nov 2009, 08:51am
well with all this talk about who can become admin etc. Where do you apply?? no link and nothing on the forums :P

While playing cs i was thinking about this new admin change.
Its pretty good actually.
Just be sure to watch out for pretenders.
;D.
They could pretend for some time, then after the evaluation or limited admin is over..
Let the aboosing begin.

i was also thinking about that. i think there should be the system where you are accepted after the trial period. Then for an unknown period of time NOT REVIELED TO US!!! (KEEP IT BETWEEN GARF AND HAGGARD PLS) or just a random period of time for each new admin. we will be on trial and our admin can be taken without 3 strickes (if aboos accures) Then when that time is up we are full admins that need 3 strickes to get kicked :O

Jazz
23 Nov 2009, 09:26am
Haggard, you're the best guy ever.

Toxin
23 Nov 2009, 09:38am
Question:
Are you guys seriously just gonna accept admins 16+?
Or is it just a guideline and that you can still get admin if you prove yourself to be mature?

mapper
23 Nov 2009, 09:55am
It's a one time donation to become a supporter for live. Any other donation you make, is just to let people see that you like the community and support in its further existence.

* Edit: Yea i didnt saw that post Cranks.. lol

I like this ALOT. I feel more like donating now when I red this.

The admin procedure is awsm, it is the same as in the community where I come from, and there I earned it pretty fast xD
A downside: people less likely feel they have to donate.

ZaN1993
23 Nov 2009, 10:49am
Meh!

Paronic
23 Nov 2009, 11:16am
FAIL this is so gonna go tits up imo.. im not cancelling my subscription. good luck with this

barackobama
23 Nov 2009, 11:22am
FAIL this is so gonna go tits up imo.. im not cancelling my subscription. good luck with this

We will cancel it for you...

Paronic
23 Nov 2009, 11:49am
no dont do it .... thats my donation for each month!!!

anomo
23 Nov 2009, 11:52am
no dont do it .... thats my donation for each month!!!

you have to do it MANUALLY EACH MONTH!!!!

Paronic
23 Nov 2009, 11:55am
ORLY?

Mystique
23 Nov 2009, 12:04pm
But what if he forgets?

ckw
23 Nov 2009, 12:46pm
Hmm, interesting!^^

anomo
23 Nov 2009, 01:04pm
But what if he forgets?

Then he is fucked and is forced to pay the monthly goal for a whole year!!!

Psyche
23 Nov 2009, 04:01pm
eHtlCOFgLUw

Old but awesome.

That is when, I always spelled potshots name wrong.

ReneGade
23 Nov 2009, 05:07pm
So does this mean I need to apply or what as a past admin or what?

PotshotPolka
23 Nov 2009, 05:07pm
That is when, I always spelled potshots name wrong.

Yeah, I was have expecting it to be Potshakalot like someone posted once.

Irish
23 Nov 2009, 06:15pm
So does this mean I need to apply or what as a past admin or what?

Well you can do 1 of 2 things

1. You can donate $20 or more and get your admin back as long as you left on good terms talk to a BD.

or

2. You can apply for the apprentice program which is free and earn admin back that way.

Scoutkllr
23 Nov 2009, 07:05pm
Good Change...

Bubbles
24 Nov 2009, 03:26am
http://i127.photobucket.com/albums/p151/slayerdeicide/1259019917033.jpg

Bob Loblaw
24 Nov 2009, 10:37am
So where would you apply to the apprentice program? I won't be doing it right now as finals are coming up and I'm going to be hella busy, but for future, where would you post the application for the apprentice program?

Bullet Wound
24 Nov 2009, 11:09am
Join Us > Apply for apprenticeship

I find it hard to believe you looked for it Bob.

SpaZMonKeY
24 Nov 2009, 01:47pm

He mightve searched the forums for a link to apply for it, instead of clicking the "Join Us" button up top. I was digging around the Admin Upgrade Request forum for a bit looking until I remember the Join Us section XD

Bob Loblaw
24 Nov 2009, 02:18pm

It didn't say anywhere how to do it, and I never even thought of looking through there. I assumed it would be a forum where you apply just as before.
And yes I did look through the forums. I just didn't look through the tabs at the top. To be honest, if Spaz didn't say "he might have just looked through the forums and not up at the join us tab at the top" then I probably would have kept looking through the forums, and asked again.

It's not everyday (or even once) that I've looked through any of those tabs except forums and home. Oh and donate once or twice.

Bullet Wound
24 Nov 2009, 02:52pm
It didn't say anywhere how to do it, and I never even thought of looking through there. I assumed it would be a forum where you apply just as before.
And yes I did look through the forums. I just didn't look through the tabs at the top. To be honest, if Spaz didn't say "he might have just looked through the forums and not up at the join us tab at the top" then I probably would have kept looking through the forums, and asked again.

It's not everyday (or even once) that I've looked through any of those tabs except forums and home. Oh and donate once or twice.

Yea, it should have said where. Well least you know where it is now. And you found a new tab, all is well again.

Why so Pro?
24 Nov 2009, 06:52pm
i hope to be admin :D

Neo
25 Nov 2009, 12:21pm
So if i just keep "paying for my admin" it will count as donation, correct ?

Z3r0 M4ni4c
25 Nov 2009, 01:27pm
correctly neo :wink:

I think i will change the automatic payment into 5 bucks donation a month or keep it 10 :wink:

Im not much online the last past weeks. too busy in life but i will still be donating.

Be back soon in the game :001_tongue:

Longwave
25 Nov 2009, 01:58pm
ill keep sending 10 ever month. SUPPORT THE MOTHER F***ING COMMUNITY!

Bullet Wound
25 Nov 2009, 02:17pm
So if i just keep "paying for my admin" it will count as donation, correct ?

correctly neo :wink:

I think i will change the automatic payment into 5 bucks donation a month or keep it 10 :wink:

Be back soon in the game :001_tongue:

We will be switching over to a donations only community. All current admin and supporters may cancel their monthly subscription effective immediately (you are hereby grandfathered into our new system).

You guys can't keep doing payments, you have to actually donate every month Via donation button (if you want to do it the old way). Garfield started earlier that if you keep your subscription active they will cancel it for you. So no subscriptions, period.

Crimson
25 Nov 2009, 07:18pm
It's funny how many people fail at reading the thread.

Smileyy
25 Nov 2009, 10:19pm
lol is there any way i can donate without credit/bank card?
btw if i sign up for admin, do i have to wear [SG-A] tag during gameplay?

DoubleSb
26 Nov 2009, 01:02am

Only when approved.

barackobama
26 Nov 2009, 03:14am
Also, once you donate, you donate... you can't come to us a few days after and say you want part of your donation to go to someone else, a donation is a donation. If you donate $100, you can't give 5 people supporter, 1 donation = 1 person only. Sorry.

Henrik
26 Nov 2009, 07:43am
Awesome

Voltage
26 Nov 2009, 09:19am
I'll be donating soon...

Tweezy
26 Nov 2009, 01:20pm
Looks like im gonna av to put some effort into hitting the donate button each month :P

P.S, how do you cancel the montly subsciption?

Paul
26 Nov 2009, 01:41pm
Looks like im gonna av to put some effort into hitting the donate button each month :P

P.S, how do you cancel the montly subsciption?

login to paypal and check your current subscriptions, then cancel.

trakaill
27 Nov 2009, 03:18pm

read the thread youd have to get approved first and yes wear the tag in SG servers Im guessing.....I think you can like buy a debit card type thing where you fill it up with cash and then use it online like a regulard card...Im not 100% on that but I think you can do that!

SoulKeeper
27 Nov 2009, 03:23pm
read the thread youd have to get approved first and yes wear the tag in SG servers Im guessing.....I think you can like buy a debit card type thing where you fill it up with cash and then use it online like a regulard card...Im not 100% on that but I think you can do that!

You can get a prepaid card, yes.
They come in 20 to 100 dollars. Maybe more, Ive only seen up to $100 at my corner store.

Gen-X
27 Nov 2009, 04:03pm
one question if u apply when u know if ur accept or not ??

Cranks
27 Nov 2009, 04:21pm

We will let you know.

Gen-X
27 Nov 2009, 05:04pm
thx second question only (sorry for asking so much :)) if u donate 30$ u be admin then?

The Baltimore Ravens
27 Nov 2009, 05:08pm
thx second question only (sorry for asking so much :)) if u donate 30$ u be admin then?

No, you have to apply to be a admin.

Hemophobic
27 Nov 2009, 06:13pm
If I applied and got accepted would I be told how to use the 'limited admin powers' or am I meant to know?

Cranks
27 Nov 2009, 06:26pm
If I applied and got accepted would I be told how to use the 'limited admin powers' or am I meant to know?

You will be told if you have asked for training.

DoubleSb
27 Nov 2009, 06:32pm

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af16/DoubleSb/Vik1.jpg

http://i989.photobucket.com/albums/af16/DoubleSb/Vik2.jpg

Well....

Cranks
27 Nov 2009, 06:47pm

Well....

You just got raped :rlol:

DoubleSb
27 Nov 2009, 06:57pm
You just got raped :rlol:

I voted no on his app lol.

Cranks
27 Nov 2009, 06:58pm

oh right lmao

Cookie
27 Nov 2009, 10:03pm

Well....

Lmao, that made my day :D

Mystique
28 Nov 2009, 02:48am

Well....

So what did you send to him Double? It goes both ways. Im sure he wasnt the only one doing that... So why dont you post the things you PM'd him too?

You can see that the pm's you posted here are replies to the ones you send.

(von dutch) delta force 8
28 Nov 2009, 05:45am
the moment i apply for admin, i get mass no'd :p

Gen-X
28 Nov 2009, 09:41am
wtf i have never say that that is a lie i sware i have never say that omg !

SoulKeeper
28 Nov 2009, 09:48am

LOL

DoubleSb
28 Nov 2009, 10:55am

:rlol:

mNote
28 Nov 2009, 11:08am
Interesting...

PotshotPolka
28 Nov 2009, 11:15am

We also have a mandate that your IQ must be above 69.

XeNo
28 Nov 2009, 11:36am
You guys can't keep doing payments, you have to actually donate every month Via donation button (if you want to do it the old way). Garfield started earlier that if you keep your subscription active they will cancel it for you. So no subscriptions, period.

It's funny how many people fail at reading the thread.
So, like, to be technical, why does it say we 'MAY' cancel our subscriptions?

It doesn't say 'HAVE TO' or 'ARE REQUIRED' it just says 'may cancel'.

Huwajux
28 Nov 2009, 12:14pm
Quote of the month.

Bullet Wound
28 Nov 2009, 12:54pm
So, like, to be technical, why does it say we 'MAY' cancel our subscriptions?

It doesn't say 'HAVE TO' or 'ARE REQUIRED' it just says 'may cancel'.

They say "may cancel" rather than are required to, because they plan on canceling it regardless of whether or not you do. So even if you decide no to cancel it, they will still do it in the end.

It doesn't say YOU have to or YOU are required to because YOU don't have to. Even if YOU don't cancel it THEY will for you. So in the end it doesn't matter what you do, its going to happen.

That is why they say "you may", rather than forcing you to.

TheTruth
28 Nov 2009, 05:54pm

Imposter!

Dante
28 Nov 2009, 06:04pm

And how many times was he deinied with the old way? I'm guessing somewhere around 3-5, it's really hard to say if he gets admin or not. :rlol:

DoubleSb
28 Nov 2009, 09:59pm
And how many times was he deinied with the old way? I'm guessing somewhere around 3-5, it's really hard to say if he gets admin or not. :rlol:

He's been banned off forums before :thumb:

Mystique
29 Nov 2009, 02:35am
Can we stop talking about that now?

Micro
20 Jan 2010, 05:26pm
Since this change if you were rejected if the wait time is not over can you apply or still have to wait until over?
pm me with answer plz.

DoubleSb
21 Jan 2010, 09:36pm
Since this change if you were rejected if the wait time is not over can you apply or still have to wait until over?
pm me with answer plz.

You wait?

Nice bump btw.

Mystique
21 Jan 2010, 11:40pm
pm me with answer plz.

Next time just send a pm will ya...