PDA

View Full Version : The island?

Emma
25 Jan 2008, 08:16pm
they're isolated on their little island.

EvInReaLife
25 Jan 2008, 08:38pm

Mexico is an island???

Then y do mexicans need to hop borders when they can swim???

LIES IN TEH SCHOOLS ALL LIES

FIGHT THE POWER!

Zero001
26 Jan 2008, 12:17am
Mexico is an island???

Then y do mexicans need to hop borders when they can swim???

LIES IN TEH SCHOOLS ALL LIES

FIGHT THE POWER!

She was talking about James who lives in the U.K, not Mexico.

James
26 Jan 2008, 10:00am

Sorry, didn't know your Geography was that bad, ah well, that's 97% of what Americans call the UK :P

EvInReaLife
26 Jan 2008, 10:08am
She was talking about James who lives in the U.K, not Mexico.

lol i know. I was trying to fool some people

raven maniac
26 Jan 2008, 12:22pm
smartasses lol :P

matt 187
26 Jan 2008, 01:24pm
lmao & this all started with my picture:cute:

Emma
26 Jan 2008, 04:22pm
silly islanders, trying to play off like they dont actually live on an island.

Slavic
26 Jan 2008, 10:08pm
your mom's an island

matt 187
26 Jan 2008, 10:24pm
your mom's an island

agree:biglaugh:

Kennith
27 Jan 2008, 06:20am
For once I agree with James. Please go study some Geography and learn the meaning of 'island'.

This discussion reminds me of something.
http://www.zombiemurder.com/showthread.php?t=2034&page=2

Mikey
27 Jan 2008, 08:35am
now am not sure but, in school they told me that only a solo country can be an island and if it's more then there.. it's a continent.

Zero001
27 Jan 2008, 09:57am
England is attached by land to Scotland and Wales, so it's PART of an island.

Calling the UK or Great Britain an island is also wrong as ACROSS THE IRISH SEA is Northern Ireland which is part of the UK & Great Britain.

P.S. I'm repeating myself here, and I'm getting tired of it.

P.P.S. Where do you Americans get off by telling us about our country convinced you're right? I may as well say that America is a village.

Lol, so you admit you live on a island. We never said your country was an island we just said you Brits lived on an island, and it's a cute little island too. You can park it inside half of Florida.

Omega
27 Jan 2008, 11:39am
Lol, so you admit you live on a island. We never said your country was an island we just said you Brits lived on an island, and it's a cute little island too. You can park it inside half of Florida.

No, England itself is not an island. It's PART of an island. Saying that Britain is an island is like saying the U.S. is an island too, just a bigger one.

broncoty
27 Jan 2008, 11:41am
I think that if a country has the power to blow up the other country, then the big country can call the little country whatever it wants

broncoty
27 Jan 2008, 11:48am
And I think if said country thinks that then the country should realise they armed the target country with an anti-ballistic missile shield program.

:biglaugh:

and then that country should know that if said country gave it to them, then said country knows where it is so it can be blown up too

Omega
27 Jan 2008, 11:50am
I think that if a country has the power to blow up the other country, then the big country can call the little country whatever it wants

lol, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. In today's world, any little country has the potential of producing WMD's and blowing your ass to hell.

Oh an by the way, if you haven't realized, America is not the superpower you used to be. Better get a head start learning Chinese, buddy.

broncoty
27 Jan 2008, 12:15pm
lol, that's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. In today's world, any little country has the potential of producing WMD's and blowing your ass to hell.

Oh an by the way, if you haven't realized, America is not the superpower you used to be. Better get a head start learning Chinese, buddy.

Lol china may have 5 million more troops then America

but all that means is the air force gets to have all the fun

Slavic
27 Jan 2008, 12:23pm
Actually china most likely has a larger army than there is US citizens. And just because it has a large infantry, doesn't mean that it doesn't have good quality airforce, navy, or armored ground units.

In this day and age if any "developed" nation were to go to war with another "developed" nation, expect there to be a massacre on both sides.

Omega
27 Jan 2008, 12:29pm
Actually china most likely has a larger army than there is US citizens. And just because it has a large infantry, doesn't mean that it doesn't have good quality airforce, navy, or armored ground units.

In this day and age if any "developed" nation were to go to war with another "developed" nation, expect there to be a massacre on both sides.

You'd be surprised of how sophisticated and well-disciplined the Chinese army is, Slavic. And of course there's going to be a massacre on both sides, especially if other nations join in (which would be inevitable anyway). It's just that I'm sick of these ignorant gun-ho Americans who think they are still the shit and can wipe out anything and anyone with the lift of a finger. Well, you can't, and you won't, - just look at the situation in Iraq... Wake up to current events, please.

broncoty
27 Jan 2008, 12:53pm
You'd be surprised of how sophisticated and well-disciplined the Chinese army is, Slavic. And of course there's going to be a massacre on both sides, especially if other nations join in (which would be inevitable anyway). It's just that I'm sick of these ignorant gun-ho Americans who think they are still the shit and can wipe out anything and anyone with the lift of a finger. Well, you can't, and you won't, - just look at the situation in Iraq... Wake up to current events, please.

lol america took out the worlds 3rd largest army in a month AKA iraq's the reason we are having trouble is because America decided to stay and help out, tell me how fighting an insurrection is anything close to fighting a modern war and then we can talk about it

speed, strategy, and technology are what win todays battlefields, not numbers, as slavic said

and anyways yes they may have millions upon millions trained troops but I am not going to be afraid until they can actually move that amount of troops anywhere important

and hate to break it to ya, but a weak america means a weak canada, if i remember correctly as to where to live

havok korea was not total war, and was thought of a police action rather than total war and anyways a hell of a lot more Chinese died than Americans

Estimated Chinese causalties

400,000+ dead
486,000 wounded
21,000 POW

Estimated US causualties
36,516 dead (including 10,395 non-combat)
92,134 wounded
8,176 MIA
7,245 POW

So I dont know if kicked ass is the correct term seeing as its about 9 Chinese to 1 American deaths occurred in what the world called a police action.

With to mention the abilities of todays technologies and stratagem combined with a resolved America, I think china would bleed if it came to total war with american people as would any country

the key to that is a resolved american public

Zero001
27 Jan 2008, 01:17pm
No, England itself is not an island. It's PART of an island. Saying that Britain is an island is like saying the U.S. is an island too, just a bigger one.

That's why I put it in bold in my original post. They live on an island. I never said the country was an island. No one has. If you guys haven't figured out we call you guys islanders out of humor then we'll just stop here. Honestly, it's not that that serious. Americans understand that we need much improvement, but we're also not the lazy, fat, dumb, "we're #1 at everything" people you make us out to be.

No more talk about wars and China and what not on this thread please.

Omega
27 Jan 2008, 01:30pm
lol america took out the worlds 3rd largest army in a month AKA iraq's the reason we are having trouble is because America decided to stay and help out, tell me how fighting an insurrection is anything close to fighting a modern war and then we can talk about it

which country's army did the US "take out" ?

speed, strategy, and technology are what win todays battlefields, not numbers, as slavic said

Ok, and you're saying the Chinese lack all those?

Face it man, the economy is and has been going downhill for a while. Imports largely exceed exports, and countries have stopped investing in our currency which is at an all time low. We're 3 trillion dollars in debt and counting. China, on the contrary, has been flourishing. The Chinese themselves own large amounts of property here in the U.S., did you know that? We owe incredible amounts of money to the Chinese government.

I'm in no way calling the U.S. weak or unable to hold its own, but it's not what it used to be. More and more people are starting to lose faith and patriotism in this country and for good reasons, e.g. corrupt government, shitty foreign policy, etc.

But enough of this tbh, or at least we should make another thread.

EvInReaLife
27 Jan 2008, 02:10pm
The economy is basically all that matters and right now the chinese economy is skyrocketing.

Hunter
27 Jan 2008, 02:25pm
I don't think i'd like the chinese turning against us. I mean most of them seem to like their leader and theres billions of them...plus there loads near where i live aswell so if they turned on us we might get owned pretty quickly. Anyway on zeros orders enough said.

Slavic
27 Jan 2008, 04:43pm
The Reason why the Chinese lost so many men in the Korean War was because of their technological advancement at the time and their overall war strategy. The Chinese at the time used an En Mass attack style. Overwhelm your opponent with numbers and you will eventually find weak points and break them. This battle strategy was also utilized by Russia during the world wars, and unsurprisingly Russia lost the most men during those wars.

Even though Russia and China lost large amounts of men, they still won their respective wars. You can't decide who won what war based entirely off of casualties. Look at the Vietnam war for an example. The US killed a lot more Vietcong/NVA during the war, but still got their ass handed to them.

Its unrealistic to believe that the US is in the same state as it was in the 50's. We may have highly superior weapons, but a higher weapon quality can only do so much in the grand scheme of things.

VirDeBello
27 Jan 2008, 08:27pm
Alright thats where I draw the line. The two great things that make this country great, is our military and economy. We still have the greatest economy in the world, don't believe all the bullcrap of us being in a recession. When the news people said that we were in a recession, our economy panicked. And when the news people said that we are in a so-called recession. The world economy panicked and it went down points. But then when our economy rose back, guess what happened to the rest of the world's economy. Yeah I can really care less if you think of us as fat or people that think they are number one and can do whatever they want or whatever images you git from Hollywood and think of us as that but I still have tremendous amount of faith in our military and economy. Just the biggest problem with our military is that it is controlled by politics.

Zero001
30 Jan 2008, 08:27pm
Just transferring some off topic posts...

Slavic
30 Jan 2008, 09:06pm
Sure you are...... forum nazi

MANFRA
1 Feb 2008, 07:47am
silly islanders, trying to play off like they dont actually live on an island.

lol agreed