View Full Version : Red Alert 3

Neji
19 Nov 2009, 10:37am
So, who here plays Red Alert 3.

Is it better then the older once?

Discuss everything about Red Alert

Dracula
19 Nov 2009, 12:47pm
Game is shit the old ones are better, also you came really late to this game lol so if you didnt get it off Steam you may want to return it.

Neji
19 Nov 2009, 01:29pm
Game is shit the old ones are better, also you came really late to this game lol so if you didnt get it off Steam you may want to return it.

Lol, yea I got that game like 4 months ago (?). And it wasn't released on steam.

EDIT: Yuri's revenge ftw ;)

mNote
19 Nov 2009, 11:32pm
I pre-ordered it because I really thought it was going to be good but I didn't like it. The whole game centers more around Naval warfare than land.

RA2 was better.

ReGIONALS
20 Nov 2009, 09:59am
the second was better but they shut down the online servers.

Neji
20 Nov 2009, 12:28pm
the second was better but they shut down the online servers.

Yuri's revenge or the normal one?

Veggie
21 Nov 2009, 01:54pm
Red Alert 3 is ok, I'm really waiting for Command & Conquer 4 to come out, they did away with the gamespy servers and created their own with constant stats like blizzard is doing with Starcraft 2, level ups for units as well and mobile base crawlers.

ReGIONALS
22 Nov 2009, 05:53pm
Yuri's revenge or the normal one?

both i assume.
i neevr was able to play yuris revenge :(
it wouldnt work on my comp at the time and now i cant play for lack of win XP

Scree :O
23 Nov 2009, 10:10am
Red Alert 3 is shit. It relies too much on the co-op component and it messes things up. Also, what's up with the cell shading?! I always pictured Red Alert 2 as a "comicaly serious" game and hence, can not agree with the decisions they made in this game. I would be more satisfied with redone Red Alert 2 than this pile of shit.

Resistance
23 Nov 2009, 10:38pm
Westwood Studios pl0x

Pulse
6 Jan 2010, 11:03am
I am sad at reading this, is it really that bad? No postive posts. I just got it for 66% off on the steam holiday sale. Even buying 9 games all really cheap I don't like buying bad games. Note I haven't installed it yet but if it is really bad I might not rush to doit.

Eldest
6 Jan 2010, 12:21pm
I am sad at reading this, is it really that bad?

I wouldn't call it bad, I actually enjoyed playing it over Hamachi with my friends, was quite fun and awesome.

Pulse
6 Jan 2010, 01:00pm
Thanks Eldest, ill give it a shot sooner than later then.

Jager
6 Jan 2010, 01:05pm
ra3 isnt a bad game per se, but compared to other games in the C&c series are better overall. the campaign is worth playing, the acting i typical ra terribad/pun filled though. so expect to be shaking your head at times at how bad things are staged.

Drox
6 Jan 2010, 03:12pm
I enjoyed playing single player and beating it with the Russians. To me it was actually alot more easier then RA2. lol

Resistance
6 Jan 2010, 04:32pm
RA3 was okay...

I mean it literally fucked up my storyline seeing as how Ra1 and Ra2 had like Kane doing something.

But i'm looking forward to Command & Conquer 4: Tiberian Twilight.

Note: Fuck you veggie, he got to name a vehicle :sad: Now I won't be able to play knowing that Veggie named that vehicle.

Frostbyte
6 Jan 2010, 05:13pm
Its fun to play a 4 player free for all at lans. But seriously though, the water spawn on reef madness is the most OP thing ever.

Neji
6 Jan 2010, 05:32pm
Stop bumping threads...

Frostbyte
6 Jan 2010, 06:55pm
Stop bumping threads...

thread was sorta active with relevant comments.

Eldest
7 Jan 2010, 04:15am
Stop bumping threads...

You'd rather see people make a new thread when an old one already exists on the same topic?..

Guy
9 Jan 2010, 04:48pm
ra2 is the best. ra3 Doesn't have a good collection of units that match well with opposing teams, matches tend to get very one sided regardless of player skill level.

The_Prince
14 Mar 2010, 05:01pm
I think it is ok but it doesn't come close to 2 or Yuri's Revenge.