PDA

View Full Version : ze_dust_escape_b1

£cho
29 Jan 2008, 01:18pm
ZE_DUST_ESCAPE_V1
Review Thread

Please drop some comments about the map here. Tell in depth why or why you don't like the map, give suggestions, and help me out here as I want to make the map the best it can be.

Make sure you've played the map from beginning to end at least once, and not just a round or two then an "rtv". I want people who have experience with the map to post, and not those who are for or against new maps, although that this part of why I made the map for the community in the first place.

Thanks for your help, everyone. :v_SPIN:

If you already made a comment in the last thread in the US Escape topic area, please make another here or you may ask me to just copy and paste your comments.

Italian Jew
29 Jan 2008, 01:23pm
Its the one with the large lake thingy before you get to the mine field, correct?

You need another way to get to the bunker besides the two cliff sides. Too many people jumping on heads causes pandamonium and mass chaos amongst the ranks. NO HELICOPTERS!!! lol

maybe a way through the middle, but with traps where you fall to your death or something.

Also, maybe if you make beneath the bunker an underground complex which you also have to travel through to get safe.

Nice map though overall

£cho
29 Jan 2008, 01:32pm
Thanks, Italian. :v_SPIN:
And yes, it is that map.

Here's what I can do out of your suggestions, if everyone agrees on them, which I think according to previous comments that they do for most of them.

- Make the beginning easier to get on the cliffs with ladders or something instead of two boxes on either side.
- Make the underground complex a bit longer with more things you need to climb over so there's some defending going on as the players run to the hideout with the door.

I do want some chaos on the cliffs though, and so I will not be changing that part of the map anytime soon. And no, no helicopters. They simply wouldn't work with the map because people would get frustrated at the fact it doesn't just land in the base. They're a mess.

Jaffa
29 Jan 2008, 03:04pm
Maybe some secrets :D

Already found the glitch bit at spawn

£cho
29 Jan 2008, 03:17pm
Glitches are prominent, but you die in all of them, so it really doesn't matter. I'll be fixing most of them in v2 anyway, thanks. :jimlad:

EvInReaLife
29 Jan 2008, 03:18pm
glitch wat glitch i never heard of any glitches.

Microshockk
30 Jan 2008, 03:46pm
Way to much crouch jumping. It's so much crouch jumping it hurts and I hate how you can't jump over walls. You know how at the bunker, there's a little hole in the rock people can get thru and there's a door people can knife. Why can't we jump over the walls instead of being blocked by an invisible barrier?

£cho
30 Jan 2008, 04:45pm
Microshock, you and I both know that if zombies could get over that wall, the map would be impossible to win. And jumping is part of the map.

Microshockk
30 Jan 2008, 04:49pm
well then make the wall higher so you're not just jumping into an invisible barrier and have a more realistic barrier.

£cho
30 Jan 2008, 08:01pm
Or not because you're now banned. :biglaugh:

phatman76
30 Jan 2008, 08:32pm
woah howd he get banned with that kinda timing? anyways, ur right Echo, need the barrier. I like seeing in, gives u an idea of whats going on...

Saxe
3 Feb 2008, 11:07am
Hi Echo

Overall a great map, nice job on this one!

But I would love some more fighting at the end, just as I guess it was already suggested. But I don't think just adding some more obstacles at the bunker hallway will solve the problem. Instead I'd love to see more action in the pre-bunker area - a solution could perhaps be more entrances than just the narrow tiny one there is now - another thing could be a bigger entrance, or where you could jump over the top/cliff as well, so the zombs had some more chances when the humans have taken the pre-bunker area.

I don't know, just some random thoughts - but Im sure you'll come up with something better anyways
:jiggy:

The Green Bastard
4 Feb 2008, 04:33pm
hey echo gotta say i love this map! i love the 2 ledges you gotta use to get to bunker best part is you can get mad snipes.... if anything maby add some traps and some more crates to get to the ledges cause its hard when your on *escape* server and zombie spawns and 20 people trying to get up

But over all i love the map ^.^