PDA

View Full Version : question about shooting phycs

NLS CEL
10 Nov 2009, 07:32pm
In my map ze_mario_tower_v1, I am trying to simulate bowser throwing boulders that crush/kill peopl when they get hit by them. I havent done this before and so i tried using the env_shooter to do that but it doesnt work.

I have has seen paul do this stuff like on his minigame maps. I have looked on the tuts on the modding page and on the valve wiki and havent been able to find anything. Am i missing some entity here?

Bob Loblaw
10 Nov 2009, 11:50pm
Func_physbox for the brush based physics object you want to use. Then it's done via a trigger_push, in flags take off "Clients" And check off "physics objects" and it will only push physics objects. To have a correct trajectory path via this would be extremely hard and I don't know of any other way. Pauls map just pushes it straight up into another brush that spins to push it off in other directions.

My best suggestion would be to have Bowser appear to throw it more up, and hit a brush angled at 45 degrees or whatever, and let it follow it's own path from there.

NLS CEL
11 Nov 2009, 08:32am
ok thanks ill try that. I'm already using a push on the physbox but i had other stuff checked as well which might explain why they wouldnt get pushed at all.

NLS CEL
11 Nov 2009, 02:50pm
i tried to use the trigger and they constatnly were uninfluenced, so i used func_doors as pistons for the block launchs.

Bob Loblaw
12 Nov 2009, 06:24am
Your brush entities are func_physboxes and your trigger is set to push enabled with clients as Physics Objects? Because that reallly should work.

Prez
13 Nov 2009, 12:02am
Should work... no idea why it wouldn't..

Make it a func_physbox, put trigger_push to physics objects, put a trigger_teleport for the endpoint, physics objects only.. have an info_target back at the start. You may want to have a nodraw brush under it so it doesn't fly off to whoknowswhereunder, unless this is an obstacle for people to dodge.