PDA

View Full Version : The shit is about to hit the fan?

SilentGuns
9 Nov 2009, 07:52am
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/8349745.stm

Dracula
9 Nov 2009, 08:03am
Chaves wont do shit if hes anywhere neer smart.

PotshotPolka
9 Nov 2009, 08:21am
I SO wish.

Slavic
9 Nov 2009, 11:27am
Looks like saber rattling to gain more political clot in the region. I'm sure Chavez knows that if a conflict were to ensue between the two nations the US will directly get involved and I'm sure Chavez's Russian backers won't be as willing to help Venezuela as the US is with Colombia.

Bad Dog
9 Nov 2009, 02:49pm
Ha. This will happen right after Canada invades Russia.

LegalSmash
9 Nov 2009, 07:57pm
This war would allow us to take over a country where people believe in rationale version of abrahamic tradition and have a horribly addictive product that ISN'T ruled by a conglomerate of 3rd world petty warlords and child molesters.

Lordcrazy
9 Nov 2009, 08:17pm
Gah whenever i hear the word Chavez i think of the Tom Clancy character -_-...

RedOctober
9 Nov 2009, 08:38pm
I SO wish.

whatever happens i just hope the US won't get involved. We have a compulsive habit of sticking our dicks where they done belong...

Let the Colombians and Venezuelans duke it out south-of-the-border style!

LegalSmash
9 Nov 2009, 08:44pm
whatever happens i just hope the US won't get involved. We have a compulsive habit of sticking our dicks where they done belong...

No, this is one we SHOULD get involved in, because south america is a resource rich, industrious, and non-muslim area where we can use our influence to better our financial situation and avoid chavez and castro style leaders more effectively than in the sand box.

Jaffa
10 Nov 2009, 07:28am
Considering Colombia has pretty much twice as many soldiers as Venezuela (The Times published information on this taken from the IISS), Chavez would be a fool to invade. Its just him postering and playing an anti-US card to gain support for investing in areas that would be unpopular.

Dracula
10 Nov 2009, 01:05pm
Considering Colombia has pretty much twice as many soldiers as Venezuela (The Times published information on this taken from the IISS), Chavez would be a fool to invade. Its just him postering and playing an anti-US card to gain support for investing in areas that would be unpopular.

China has more soldiers then we do, who do you think would win?

PotshotPolka
10 Nov 2009, 01:16pm

lulz, we would just burn their rice.

RedOctober
10 Nov 2009, 01:35pm
lulz, we would just burn their rice.

ha
they eat brown rice anyway...

Jaffa
10 Nov 2009, 01:36pm

Depends where you were fighting, and who was invading who.

Dracula
10 Nov 2009, 01:45pm

Lol'd

PotshotPolka
10 Nov 2009, 02:06pm

The U.S. could never in any plan invade and occupy China. It ain't happening. Reversely, the Chinese Navy is severely underpowered when compared to the U.S. and this really nullifies any threat from their army, and limits their air power to ground bases. As far as nuclear exchanges go, its up in the air. The U.S. could potentially knock out and neutralize the majority of the old ICBMs, even if they are en-route. China can't do the same.

Also why would you bring this up? There is a VERY big difference between a couple unstable South American countries scuffling and a full blown clusterfuck between world powers, no real Casus Belli withstanding.

Toxin
10 Nov 2009, 03:28pm
Also why would you bring this up? There is a VERY big difference between a couple unstable South American countries scuffling and a full blown clusterfuck between world powers, no real Casus Belli withstanding.

Well, he stated it to say that because one country has twice the manpower of another, doesn't mean that it can't win.

PotshotPolka
10 Nov 2009, 03:32pm
Well, he stated it to say that because one country has twice the manpower of another, doesn't mean that it can't win.

Winning requires an objective. Fighting for the sake of "beating up" the other side is pointless unless there is something to be gained from the action. Read up on some of the bullshit rhetoric Chavez pumps out and then read this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madman_theory

Bad Dog
11 Nov 2009, 02:10pm

We "stick our dicks where they dont belong" Because really, what happens over there matters over here.

SilentGuns
13 Nov 2009, 10:37am
In super fun news : http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE5AC0ZE20091113

North Korea makes another threat, how many is that now? Seriously...

Bad Dog
13 Nov 2009, 01:44pm
In super fun news : http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSTRE5AC0ZE20091113

North Korea makes another threat, how many is that now? Seriously...

It seems like North Korea is that goth kid at school that everyone at one point trys to be friends with and his parents try to get him to stop being so goth, and the goth kid just ignores them and continues to cut himself dry.

PotshotPolka
13 Nov 2009, 02:15pm
It seems like North Korea is that goth kid at school that everyone at one point trys to be friends with and his parents try to get him to stop being so goth, and the goth kid just ignores them and continues to cut himself dry.

Actually North Korea is more like these people:

http://a.abcnews.com/images/GMA/abc_heene_interview_091016_mn.jpg