PDA

View Full Version : de_hanger_SG

spartan 117
1 Nov 2009, 04:13pm
-:"de_hanger_sg":-

note: this map has been abandoned, il add the vmf to this thread soon if you want to give this map life.
SPECIAL OFFER 1: *note: you must be sg member, supporter, or admin* the first 10 people to upload their sprays will have their spray and forum name placed in an area of ct spawn i will call "[SG] Secret Hall OF Fame" *note: this will be in the next version*.

SPECIAL OFFER 2: if you wish to get the vmf from me so that you can mod the map you can ask me about it, however you must provide proof of mapping experience, so that i dont see 5 second mods of hanger. this is to prevent crappy maps from being credited to me.

Total Time Spent on map to date
4 hours

What is my map about?
it is a bomb map where ct team spawns in a medium room between the rest of this ship (i didnt work there yet, but i might once i get past v2.0, and i might just change the map name by then too) and the hanger. the t team spawns in the airlocks of their ship, and the run out and beam down into the hanger (via nodrawed water, but yes i tested it and it works, what did you think i nodrawed every face?) the map has cover and is designed as a tactical map. the map also works with up to 80 players (but it wouldnt be balanced tho or it would require a noblock mod, as there are 60 t spawns and 20 ct spawns) after the room is clear or the cts are hiding, the ts would move in, there are 2 bombsites, upper (b) and lower (a). the upper takes you out of the ship (resulting in damage seeing as space has no air.) and the lower is ct spawn.

Completion Percentage?
1.0 = 100%,

1.1 status
main hanger makeover = starting, had to delay the wall of fame
hall of fame = started, but i havent put put the pics in yet, plus it is a seeeecret , btw go to the bottom for a hint on how to find it.
space skybox = none yet
ct spawn makeover = not started

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing
updating it. also at this time there is only a hanger, an exterior and a ct spawn, i plan to have the two t spawns on the left and right branch off into hallways leading into other rooms (i will do it in v1.1) to allow bomb planting (if the cts kill off one group of ts, the cts would win in v1.0 and if the ts eliminated all cts, they would win without planting the mother:censored:ing bomb) this planned update will make the map feel more like professionaly done de maps.

also before i forget, one more thing: SPACE SKYBOX (sending one in an attachment to my email (JRFlorenski@gmail.com would be appreiciated)

Screenshots

Programs Im using
source sdk, vtfedit

Map by
รραятαŋนน7 (that me :thumb: )

Download

info you should know: NEVER download a map by me that does not have _sg on the end, in order to promote sg i will make watered down versions full of sg ads to encourage people to visit sg and download the better version of my maps, also if you have downloaded a map by me before dont worry about copying the materials folder unless stated by a readme, if i do put a readme in a zip with my maps in it, COPY THE MATERIALS FOLDER, if it isnt there the only custom texture i used is the sg ad.

also heres a hint on how to find the hall of fame "an awp hangs HIGH above it, pointing to the wall opposite of it, also you have to crouch."

Tipsy
2 Nov 2009, 04:48am
Good Luck

spartan 117
2 Nov 2009, 01:27pm
Good Luck

thanks dude, now that i have my first spray i will start working on the hall of fame portion of 1.1

JoniX
3 Nov 2009, 11:39am
Here

The Baltimore Ravens
3 Nov 2009, 11:53am
here you go, it looks like a good map.

spartan 117
29 Nov 2009, 03:56pm
de hanger development will start again after i get bored with mw2 on steam.

btw mw2 on the pc is so awesome, the haters are just a bunch of raging nerds with shiternet. they should of told their parents to get them broadband, lol.

Neji
16 Apr 2010, 03:06pm
Are you still working on this because it's a really good map.