PDA

View Full Version : Pakistan Blast

Lordcrazy
28 Oct 2009, 02:42pm
Earlier today there was a suicide bombing in a marketplace in pakistan they believe it was by a taliban member.

Wel well well (the statment ahead does not by any means directed at any citizens of Pakistan just the goverment) THATS WHAT YOU FUCKERS GET FOR NOT HELPING US GET RID OF EM OR let us in your territory... fuckers...

this does not mean i dont feel sorry for the families killed or affected by the blast i seriously do.

TheTruth
28 Oct 2009, 02:44pm
Earlier today there was a suicide bombing in a marketplace in pakistan they believe it was by a taliban member.

Wel well well (the statment ahead does not by any means directed at any citizens of Pakistan just the goverment) THATS WHAT YOU FUCKERS GET FOR NOT HELPING US GET RID OF EM OR let us in your territory... fuckers...

This is definitely some politics section quality stuff.

Lordcrazy
28 Oct 2009, 02:51pm
totally agree bring some excitement once in a while..

LegalSmash
28 Oct 2009, 05:07pm
Exploding terrorist is exploding.

BTW LOC, when you say something like that, you usually don't apologize right after to CYA.

Harpr33t
28 Oct 2009, 05:52pm
This is what they get for diverting U.S. aid money to buying F16s instead of counter terrorism equipment.

LegalSmash
28 Oct 2009, 06:09pm
This is what they get for diverting U.S. aid money to buying F16s instead of counter terrorism equipment.

those planes are winning the war on terrorism with 1984 flare.

Jaffa
28 Oct 2009, 06:14pm
Doesn't Pakistan allow the US to use its air bases for its unmanned aircraft?

Ultramarine
28 Oct 2009, 07:12pm

F16s are be a perfect counter terrorism tool... you find a known terrorist training camp, send in some F16s (F15s or A-10s would be better) and watch the show.

Harpr33t
28 Oct 2009, 07:13pm
^ like 2 and those are run by the CIA but they hire contractors to fly and maintain the planes and secure the base.

Plus ultramarine, the bombs are only good as the intelligence (which is horrible)

LegalSmash
28 Oct 2009, 08:07pm
F16s are be a perfect counter terrorism tool... you find a known terrorist training camp, send in some F16s (F15s or A-10s would be better) and watch the show.

I'd agree but for the fact that it has not been as effective as we'd like.

Lordcrazy
28 Oct 2009, 08:22pm
Doesn't Pakistan allow the US to use its air bases for its unmanned aircraft?

yes but they arent letting us attack the terrorists inside its borders thats the main problem here.

Jaffa
29 Oct 2009, 08:00am
Couple of thoughts:

A) Having a US/NATO prescense has obviously helped out Afghanistan and Iraq for protection against suicide bombers. Wait...

B) I'm sure they are unofficially allowing US/NATO forces to engage Taliban/Militia forces inside Pakistan. Its not always good strategy to tell everyone your plans and what you are doing, nor good PR.

There is also the special forces deployed in Afghanistan that you don't hear about.

PotshotPolka
29 Oct 2009, 08:29am

this does not mean i dont feel sorry for the families killed or affected by the blast i seriously do.

I wish the world was as simple as your two dimensional crayon drawings, it'd make comparative politics easier for me.

Couple of thoughts:

A) Having a US/NATO prescense has obviously helped out Afghanistan and Iraq for protection against suicide bombers. Wait...

B) I'm sure they are unofficially allowing US/NATO forces to engage Taliban/Militia forces inside Pakistan. Its not always good strategy to tell everyone your plans and what you are doing, nor good PR.

There is also the special forces deployed in Afghanistan that you don't hear about.

Don't hear about? You can look up the units and it clearly says they've been activated and are overseas, lol.

As far as more suicide bombers in Afghanistan, to be frank there wasn't alot of suicide bombings happening there because the aforementioned people were in control of things before then and it'd be counterproductive to be detonating bombs up in your own home, G. Iraq is it's own nutshell and if you really want to get on it as a subject understand that Iraqis =/= Afghans.

Jaffa
29 Oct 2009, 08:46am
I meant you don't hear about their specific areas of deployment, nor missions etc, whilst with reg forces most operations are reported in the newspapers (at leats in england they are) a day or so after they commence.

Also, i was comparing in the present state, not in the past. There wasn't any taliban suicide bombings occuring in Pakistan either before the Afghan war.

PotshotPolka
29 Oct 2009, 09:10am
I meant you don't hear about their specific areas of deployment, nor missions etc, whilst with reg forces most operations are reported in the newspapers (at leats in england they are) a day or so after they commence.

Also, i was comparing in the present state, not in the past. There wasn't any taliban suicide bombings occuring in Pakistan either before the Afghan war.

That's because they also essentially ran the borderlands.

Lordcrazy
29 Oct 2009, 06:48pm

.....when will people get its not a fucking war going on in Afghanistan a war is between two nations.... second yes there was read up on some news from the past plus i know they dont telll you everything but, most of the time they dont lie to you about letting troops in...

Italian Jew
29 Oct 2009, 06:52pm
.....when will people get its not a fucking war going on in Afghanistan a war is between two nations....

Doesn't have to be between two nations.

Jaffa
29 Oct 2009, 06:59pm
.....when will people get its not a fucking war going on in Afghanistan a war is between two nations.... second yes there was read up on some news from the past plus i know they dont telll you everything but, most of the time they dont lie to you about letting troops in...

Don't argue semantics with me.

War is "armed fighting between two or more countries or groups". As Italian said, it doesn't have to be between countries.

Also, of course they lie about troop movements and access,Pakistan was, until recently, a military-run country (and to some extents still is, as the military is hugely influential in its politics), they want the image to be its national army standing up to insurgents, they don't want reports of them allowing NATO special forces to operate within their borders.

Harpr33t
29 Oct 2009, 07:25pm

Actually it is, China is using Pakistan as a proxy state against the US in Afgainistan. All the chinese made AKs dont grow on trees and walk them selves from the hands of the PAK military to insurgents.

PotshotPolka
29 Oct 2009, 07:29pm
Don't argue semantics with me.

War is "armed fighting between two or more countries or groups". As Italian said, it doesn't have to be between countries.

Also, of course they lie about troop movements and access,Pakistan was, until recently, a military-run country (and to some extents still is, as the military is hugely influential in its politics), they want the image to be its national army standing up to insurgents, they don't want reports of them allowing NATO special forces to operate within their borders.

Well to be really frank, they honestly didn't give a shit. Really, they didn't. The regions produced very little economically speaking, was relatively stable under its own Islamic courts, and kept out of trouble besides bombing a progressive politician or two. See, Pakistan has always really been concerned with India, because that's who they perceive as their primary antagonist, and up till recently, this was true. The Taliban and friends left Islamabad alone because it left them alone. Only after a few threats to their defense budget and pressure from both internal/external players caused them to start engaging the Taliban on a political and then military level.

Jaffa
29 Oct 2009, 07:32pm
Agreed, they were more concerned over Kashmir and surrounding regions.

PotshotPolka
29 Oct 2009, 07:40pm
Actually it is, China is using Pakistan as a proxy state against the US in Afgainistan. All the chinese made AKs dont grow on trees and walk them selves from the hands of the PAK military to insurgents.

No that's what we call a Banana Republic. But in this case I think the term Opium/Goat Republic is more relevant.

Also not to call you out here but.... this is just retarded. China can sell weapons to whoever they want, granted there isn't a weapons embargo on them (and whether or not they give a shit). Soldiers in the military smuggling weapons shipments is a completely different animal.

Tyrant
30 Oct 2009, 03:23pm
This is the "we told you so" that our government and military have been waiting for ever since Pakistan denied us access to pursue Osama Bin Laden. This is an unfortunate stepping stone on the path to Pakistan agreeing with our plan.

Harpr33t
30 Oct 2009, 03:33pm
No that's what we call a Banana Republic. But in this case I think the term Opium/Goat Republic is more relevant.

Also not to call you out here but.... this is just retarded. China can sell weapons to whoever they want, granted there isn't a weapons embargo on them (and whether or not they give a shit). Soldiers in the military smuggling weapons shipments is a completely different animal.

Well they arent really seling them and these arent privately owned factories selling them its Chinese government ordance factories producing them and scratching out the id numbers and selling them at highly discounted rates to pakistan and then them using their intelligence service to hand them over to the terrorists.

Also this isnt like the case of what happened with the bulgrain assualt rifles supplied to afgan police ending up in insurgent hands since those were just ex cops that took those home with them and sold them.

Jaffa
30 Oct 2009, 04:20pm
The arms are more likely captured/black market russian arms

Lordcrazy
30 Oct 2009, 05:32pm

well i like to call that the black market/smuggling plus how do you think all the robbers/murders in the U.S. get their weapons or the old fighting in Northern Ireland?

Jaffa
30 Oct 2009, 05:34pm
Guns in Ireland were provided from the US, by irish emigrants.

PotshotPolka
30 Oct 2009, 06:38pm
well i like to call that the black market/smuggling plus how do you think all the robbers/murders in the U.S. get their weapons or the old fighting in Northern Ireland?

In the U.S.? They go to a pawn shop and wait three days like the rest of us, bro. And the "fighting" in North Ireland is irrelevant.

LegalSmash
30 Oct 2009, 08:43pm
Pakistan is about as stable as Iraq is currently... which is effectively unstable. Part of the problem is that there are enough religious people in the country that think the fundies are a good thing and because of that the fundies are able to thrive there. Its essentially a hydra-like problem... they must deal with controlling their own population, AND controlling the terrorists, AND controlling multiple borders that are about as easy to get into as Paris Hilton's crotch... its not as simple as just 'bomb the bases', we've been doing that for nearly a decade now, and yet, we are still doing it.

I think the best and most effective way to deal with the terrorists are one of two ways: fund private milita groups IN Pakistan to track these guys down, do their own killing and their own dying, or alternatively, fund pakistan and support its current dictator enough for him to be able to deal with the problem, and hope he doesn't go apeshit on Israel in the process.

Essentially, you are stuck with wanting to press the "peace" button, but its located in a pit full of pirhanas swimming in a bucket of superAIDS.

Jaffa
31 Oct 2009, 05:19am
Prfer the idea of bribing the tribal chiefs over to our side

Harpr33t
31 Oct 2009, 10:34am
The arms are more likely captured/black market russian arms

Chinas basically doing what the U.S. did during the Soviet Afghan conflict but it isnt as intense.

PotshotPolka
31 Oct 2009, 01:43pm
Chinas basically doing what the U.S. did during the Soviet Afghan conflict but it isnt as intense.

How about no.

Lordcrazy
31 Oct 2009, 08:31pm
Prfer the idea of bribing the tribal chiefs over to our side

thats what we are doing right now cept the bribe part plus i know we are bombing them...

Jazz
1 Nov 2009, 01:10pm

Good morning to you.

Yeah. They should let the US forces in to the territory of Pakistan to help them get rid of those damn terrorist's. I don't know why they won't let them in. Maybe some of the leaders in Pakistan are corrupt? Or lot's of "under the table" stuff going on?

Harpr33t
1 Nov 2009, 05:24pm
Jazz we only act covertly, last time it went public that they started firing at our blackhawks and we fired back.
btw potshot atleast give an answer instead of just no...

PotshotPolka
1 Nov 2009, 07:15pm
Jazz we only act covertly, last time it went public that they started firing at our blackhawks and we fired back.
btw potshot atleast give an answer instead of just no...

The Chinese unlike the Soviets are not fighting a ideological war of attrition with us. Racking up U.S. expenses on a war that profits them very little and in fact adds to the deficit spending that threatens to devastate both of our economies.

Lordcrazy
1 Nov 2009, 08:22pm
nice answers potshot...