PDA

View Full Version : physics glithc on sg severs

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
24 Oct 2009, 08:12pm
I really need to know how to parent objects to guns and nades w/o screwing up the severs physics. I thought the fix was as ez as setting a logic auto to spit out sv_turbo physics 1, but i think that with out special attention from the server, or another fix to the map, this causes the physics to glitch for the next map.

I halted work on a couple of maps after xmen was removed for allegedly glitching the mini games servers physics.

I would really appreciate some input from one of the admins here on a possible fix for this problem. I know that maps like item battle and the lotr maps have items partned to guns and they dont seem to glitch the server.

ive got some really cool maps 1/2 way through, but i cannot finish them till i get a fix for this, PLZ HELP ME!

Prez
24 Oct 2009, 10:35pm
As for parenting objects to guns, I only know of the one way, which is to name both entities, and parent the object to the weapon in the parent option in the object menu.

Ex: Smoke grenade: Name it "smoke"

Object: Name it "Object1"

Double-Click Object1, click "Parent", and type "smoke" (Without "").

Other than that, I'm not sure bud ):

Bob Loblaw
25 Oct 2009, 01:05am
Shadow he is asking for a way to prevent that from screwing up server physics.

Prez
25 Oct 2009, 02:04am
Oh, i see.

I wouldn't know. Sorry ):

Jaffa
25 Oct 2009, 03:01am
Talk to Hannibal, the maker of the lotr maps. He has an account on these forums, so you could pm him.

Jazz
25 Oct 2009, 12:09pm
The Escape server has never crashed after we removed the lotr maps... (As far as I know.)

Bob Loblaw
25 Oct 2009, 12:20pm
Talk to Hannibal, the maker of the lotr maps. He has an account on these forums, so you could pm him.

I actually remember the thread where they were looking for a fix for the physics bug, and Hannibal said that SG was the only server that crashed. Then noted that this was the only server with sv_turbophysics 0, so he proposed the server gets a change to sv_turbophysics 1 or he adds a point_servercommand to do it for the server.
Unless something else changed this was deemed the fix. (From what I understand)

Hannibal[SPA]
25 Oct 2009, 04:46pm
I actually remember the thread where they were looking for a fix for the physics bug, and Hannibal said that SG was the only server that crashed. Then noted that this was the only server with sv_turbophysics 0, so he proposed the server gets a change to sv_turbophysics 1 or he adds a point_servercommand to do it for the server.
Unless something else changed this was deemed the fix. (From what I understand)

Yes, it's like you said. There are like 3 things to do:
1.- f you parent next entities with weapons you will crash servers, entities are:
func\_door
func\_door\_rotating
momentary\_rot\_button
func\_button

Try to use:
func\_movelinear
func\_physbox\_multiplayer
trigger\_push
trigger\_hurt
these entities works fine
2.- put a point_server_command and target it with Output Command sv_turbophysics 1
3.- ask the server to put sv_turbophysics 1 :embarrest:

See ya!

awesomebillfromdawsonvile
27 Oct 2009, 02:02am
So if I add a point sever command with sv_turbo physics 1 to the map, and i make sure not to use any of the black list items, is the sever still going to need to set its physics to sv_turbo physics 1?