PDA

View Full Version : BNP Leader Nick Griffin Appears on Question Time

Daze
22 Oct 2009, 04:28pm
Protestors gather outside BBC HQ: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8321199.stm

Nick Griffin on QT: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/8321566.stm

Thoughts?

I love how he pulls out Jack Straw's father being in prison!! haha

Lux
22 Oct 2009, 05:54pm
Mmm.........not sure about my views on the BNP I agree with some things but then not with others..... fundamentally it's not a party that is going to work.

Prez
22 Oct 2009, 07:37pm
To me, it seems like this guy will either be the third antichrist, or just the new Hitler. Oh wait, that's basically the same thing...

I don't really see much good from this guy, IMO.

Jaffa
22 Oct 2009, 07:43pm
Haven't watched 2nd half yet, but Nick Griffin is a dirty weasel of a guy

He came prepared with campaign quotes, dirty things about panel members, and single pieces of information (unrelated to the discussion) to drop in to try to justify his views.

BNP issue simply overshadowed the whole first half (at least) of the debate, i bet jack straw was sighing in relief when he realised he could play his "everyone focus on nick griffin" card to escape probing questions on himself.

PotshotPolka
24 Oct 2009, 12:13am
Just to fill in us non-UKers, this is the banned nationalist party right with racial/protectionist tones right?

Daze
24 Oct 2009, 03:07am
He isn't banned as far as I'm aware but he is a racist who wants to "reverse the tide of immigration from Britain" so to speak. Meaning even people who were born in England but have a diffferent colour skin would be extradited.

Lux
24 Oct 2009, 05:15am
Just to fill in us non-UKers, this is the banned nationalist party right with racial/protectionist tones right?

He's not banned, infact he's a member of the European parliament (I think) because I think they won one or two regional spots.

Tweezy
24 Oct 2009, 07:00am
The only reason why people are voting BMP is because of their views on illgal imigrants... But im kinda raery about Nick Grifin, hes to cleaver, he knows what to say, and when to say it. Also, last weeks question time was just another reason to jump on the bandwagon, i wanted to see what his views are in other areas, like the war, underaged drinking, antisocial behavior etc... Not just his racist views.

He's not banned, infact he's a member of the European parliament (I think) because I think they won one or two regional spots.

Two Seats

PotshotPolka
24 Oct 2009, 10:43am
Or is it that they can't be police officers?