PDA

View Full Version : NFL Week 6

Zargotelc
18 Oct 2009, 07:48am
Several good games on today

Minnesota & Baltimore, Giants & Saints, Falcons & Bears, Chargers & Broncos tomorrow night

Redskins try to avert another loss to a winless team. Chiefs gave the Cowboys some trouble so I wouldn't be surprised if the game was close. Redskins haven't lost at home though. All their shocking losses have been on the road. That's why the Redskins are probably going to win, although by a very slim margin like 3 or something.

GrayFox
18 Oct 2009, 10:04am
Patriots should hopefully have an easy win today

CookiemonstaJr
18 Oct 2009, 10:13am
i want the Giants to beat the Saints but i dont think its gonna happen =P

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 10:26am
Forgot BILLS VS. JETS

GrayFox
18 Oct 2009, 10:41am
Also, the ravens better beat the vikings

Itch
18 Oct 2009, 11:33am

Keep dreaming!

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 11:41am

Are you forgetting about the retarded forum member who gets butthurt when the Ravens lose? Ravens losing by 14 so far. Good.

Zargotelc
18 Oct 2009, 02:25pm
A lot of things happened. The Redskins blew it against the Chiefs. Ravens trailed big but came back and tried to kick a game winning FG. Other than the SF game, it was the closest Vikings game this season. What a game that was.

Giants got blown out too. Saints and Vikings look pretty good right now.

GrayFox
18 Oct 2009, 04:06pm
BRADY TO MOSS ALL DAY BABY, ALL DAY!

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 04:07pm
BRADY TO MOSS ALL DAY BABY, ALL DAY!

On October 18, 2009, Brady threw 5 touchdown passes in a single quarter (the 2nd) against the Tennessee Titans, setting an NFL record. The achievement was made even more remarkable by the fact that the game was played in an early season snowstorm.

Ohhhhh yeeeeea.

cakeshark
18 Oct 2009, 05:14pm
the redskins have been so miserable this year i have completely stopped watching football and concentrate on hockey now.

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 06:17pm
Quick recap of one of the best football days EVUR:

Saints beat Giants. Giants not undefeated anymore. Saints extend.
Vikings beat Ravens. Ravens lose. Haha. Nothing new.
BILLS BEAT JETS IN OT. The Bills. Won. Yes.

Patriots beat Titans. 59-0. Shutout + Lulz here. Brady set a couple franchise records and 2 NFL records. GO PATS!
tGFA7MwZmus

raven maniac
18 Oct 2009, 06:59pm
Quick recap of one of the best football days EVUR:

Saints beat Giants. Giants not undefeated anymore. Saints extend.
Vikings beat Ravens. Ravens lose. Haha. Nothing new.
BILLS BEAT JETS IN OT. The Bills. Won. Yes.

Patriots beat Titans. 59-0. Shutout + Lulz here. Brady set a couple franchise records and 2 NFL records. GO PATS!
tGFA7MwZmus

Hah, good one faggot. :thumb: Figures it would come from a pats fan lol. :clap:

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 07:01pm
Hah, good one faggot. :thumb: Figures it would come from a pats fan lol. :clap:

That was at TheBaltimoreRavens but if you wanna take offense you can. Figures a raven fan would get defensive.

Italian Jew
18 Oct 2009, 07:21pm
Raiders beat the Eagles...

LMFAO

For this week, the Eagles failed harder than the Redskins.

And the Pats kicked the shit out of a shitty team. How long before they changed the game because theirs wasn't competitive anymore?

And congrats to the Saints for DESTROYING the Giants. Tom Brady may be padding his stats on a shitty team, but Brees just made the Giants D look JV.

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 07:36pm
Raiders beat the Eagles...

LMFAO

For this week, the Eagles failed harder than the Redskins.

And the Pats kicked the shit out of a shitty team. How long before they changed the game because theirs wasn't competitive anymore?

And congrats to the Saints for DESTROYING the Giants. Tom Brady may be padding his stats on a shitty team, but Brees just made the Giants D look JV.

Remember Dante, Flash, and Baltimore on the Pats thread? They say Pats suck because they lost to an undefeated team so I say that Pats kick ass b/c they beat a shitty team and Ravens suck b/c they lost to an undefeated team.

Italian Jew
18 Oct 2009, 07:59pm
Remember Dante, Flash, and Baltimore on the Pats thread? They say Pats suck because they lost to an undefeated team so I say that Pats kick ass b/c they beat a shitty team and Ravens suck b/c they lost to an undefeated team.

Except the Broncos are a lucky unbeaten team. The Vikings are a legitimate threat. I wouldn't say Denver wasn't undeserving of its win over New England, just that some other victories were attributed to fluke plays and not on the talent of the team. The Pats aren't a great team anymore unless Brady plays like a god, which is something he cannot guarantee throughout the season, especially on elite teams.

TheTruth
18 Oct 2009, 08:02pm
Except the Broncos are a lucky unbeaten team. The Vikings are a legitimate threat. I wouldn't say Denver wasn't undeserving of its win over New England, just that some other victories were attributed to fluke plays and not on the talent of the team. The Pats aren't a great team anymore unless Brady plays like a god, which is something he cannot guarantee throughout the season, especially on elite teams.

Well I'm just saying any other team would do this. If the Saints/Vikings/Giants or any other team with a decent quarterback was playing a bad team, they would play and get their stats up or try to set records etc. Any fan of that team would be happy and wouldn't be like oh well it doesn't matter. Mainly because you don't usually set records like points or touchdowns against outstanding teams.

Italian Jew
18 Oct 2009, 08:12pm
Well I'm just saying any other team would do this. If the Saints/Vikings/Giants or any other team with a decent quarterback was playing a bad team, they would play and get their stats up or try to set records etc. Any fan of that team would be happy and wouldn't be like oh well it doesn't matter. Mainly because you don't usually set records like points or touchdowns against outstanding teams.

I can definitely say the Saints wouldn't. With the comfortable lead over NY, Brees was pulled even though he had 4 TDs and over 350 yards on a good team. He could have done more damage if he was left out there and I'm sure he was thrilled to walk away with a victory rather than having his stats padded. Brees isn't a QB devoted to stats or records. Remember when he almost had the passing yardage record last year? He could have dunked off the last pass to easily get over the record but he tried for the Hail Mary to win the game (which turned out to be an incomplete pass and the Saints lost).

Coughlin isn't the type to run up the score and Favre isn't the type to be out there running up the score. The Patriots have been known to run up the score in the past and if stats keep a fanbase happy, well good for them I guess. All that matters is that it was just the Titans (which seems weird to say), and just another victory. The Pats would have looked dumb as hell if Brady or another key player got injured, but since that didn't, it doesn't really matter.

Then again, it could have been more practice for Brady because he has sorta struggled or at least failed to live up to his standard. A little confidence boost could do wonders for him.

Eskomo
19 Oct 2009, 04:28am
Broncos play tonight, I am confident they will win seeing that the Chargers have no run game nor can they defend it, look for Moreno to have a big game. This "Lucky Undefeated" Team will go to 6-0 ;).

The Baltimore Ravens
19 Oct 2009, 06:11am
my team played ok. but its not like they have a easy win like the pats

Eskomo
20 Oct 2009, 05:04am
Well Moreno didn't do as good as i hoped, but eddie royal had his 2 returns to help Denver go to 6-0. Once again, the Denver D took over in the sceond allowing only 3 points in the 3rd and 0 in the fourth. The Broncos are for real :D! We got a bye next week, then the Ravens!

Dante
20 Oct 2009, 06:12am
Go Broncos

Mcbride
20 Oct 2009, 06:32am
Go Broncos!!!

Italian Jew
20 Oct 2009, 10:41am
Well Moreno didn't do as good as i hoped, but eddie royal had his 2 returns to help Denver go to 6-0. Once again, the Denver D took over in the sceond allowing only 3 points in the 3rd and 0 in the fourth. The Broncos are for real :D! We got a bye next week, then the Ravens!

You play in the AFC West and have a cream puff schedule for the most part. You guys will likely lose 5 games for the season (4 if Philly can't get it together) with two straight coming against your next two opponents. Everyone you play besides PIT, BAL, NYG, IND, and possibly PHI is a joke. Denver is now in the part of the schedule where everyone will see what kind of team they really are because both PIT and BAL are very good teams.

But because of your schedule, you'll definitely be in contention for a good playoff spot.

Eskomo
20 Oct 2009, 01:57pm
You play in the AFC West and have a cream puff schedule for the most part. You guys will likely lose 5 games for the season (4 if Philly can't get it together) with two straight coming against your next two opponents. Everyone you play besides PIT, BAL, NYG, IND, and possibly PHI is a joke. Denver is now in the part of the schedule where everyone will see what kind of team they really are because both PIT and BAL are very good teams.

But because of your schedule, you'll definitely be in contention for a good playoff spot.

We've beat CINN (4-1 going into week 6), DAL (Had best rushing offence in league when Denver played them), SD (Top 5 Passing Offence), NE (Tom Brady). I don't see how those teams are jokes. The Denver defense has only allowed 10 points all year in the second half, and have yet to give up points in the 4th quarter, and the previous two weeks they did this to two Pro Bowl quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. Joe Flacco is next in line, we'll see what happens.

I don't see Denver beating IND or NYG, but it will be close against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

Italian Jew
20 Oct 2009, 02:32pm
We've beat CINN (4-1 going into week 6), DAL (Had best rushing offence in league when Denver played them), SD (Top 5 Passing Offence), NE (Tom Brady). I don't see how those teams are jokes. The Denver defense has only allowed 10 points all year in the second half, and have yet to give up points in the 4th quarter, and the previous two weeks they did this to two Pro Bowl quarterbacks, Tom Brady and Phillip Rivers. Joe Flacco is next in line, we'll see what happens.

I don't see Denver beating IND or NYG, but it will be close against Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

You beat Cincy with a lucky play at the end.

Dallas didn't have Felix in the entire time nor was there good, consistent play calling by Garrett.

San Diego is a joke because they can't run anymore.

Tom Brady wasn't back to his former status and the New England defense is poor. If it was New England of two years ago, they would have curb stomped you.

You have yet to play elite teams, which you will do in the coming weeks after your bye. If you think New England is an elite team at this point, then you must be relying too much on Madden stats for your info or some of the BS that ESPN says. Denver is just a good team, but not elite.

Eskomo
20 Oct 2009, 02:35pm
Denver is just a good team, but not elite.

We shall see. :)

Harbor
20 Oct 2009, 03:40pm
You have yet to play elite teams

..... http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018017

No matter how bad a team is your an elite team if you win by 59, the broncos beat the pats so the broncos have played an elite team.

TheTruth
20 Oct 2009, 03:58pm
..... http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=291018017

No matter how bad a team is your an elite team if you win by 59, the broncos beat the pats so the broncos have played an elite team.

Broncos won by a field goal in OT. Pats beat a team with no wins. Either way you look at it, we aren't really an "elite" team. Decent team? Sure. Elite? No.

Dante
20 Oct 2009, 05:39pm
Broncos won by a field goal in OT. Pats beat a team with no wins. Either way you look at it, we aren't really an "elite" team. Decent team? Sure. Elite? No.

You guys aren't up in the elite this year, but It's just letting Brady warm up on the shitty teams. It was luck that they won, but a win is a win. And Last nights game showed some of Denver's skill. They are doing a hell of a lot better without Cutler and Shanahan. Orton was playing one hell of a game last night.

Italian Jew
20 Oct 2009, 06:15pm
You guys aren't up in the elite this year, but It's just letting Brady warm up on the shitty teams. It was luck that they won, but a win is a win. And Last nights game showed some of Denver's skill. They are doing a hell of a lot better without Cutler and Shanahan. Orton was playing one hell of a game last night.

Cutler always seemed like a cry baby to me. He does look like a doofus without his helmet on though.

Dante
20 Oct 2009, 06:33pm
Cutler always seemed like a cry baby to me. He does look like a doofus without his helmet on though.

Lol, True, he's one of those crybaby out of college bitches that wants it his way, Well the NFL doesn't look like BK to me. :wink:

Eskomo
21 Oct 2009, 04:57am
Denver is now in the part of the schedule where everyone will see what kind of team they really are because both PIT and BAL are very good teams.

Baltimore is 3-3, the three wins coming against KC, SD, and CLE (None of which are good). The three losses coming against NE (Denver Beat), CINN (Denver Beat), and MINN (A very good team, I'll give you that).

Steelers are 4-2, they lost to CINN (Denver Beat), and CHI (I'm sure you don't consider the bears a good team). The Steelers haven't beaten any good teams yet, in my opinion, and they only beat the Titans by 3.

You have yet to play elite teams, which you will do in the coming weeks after your bye.

You think these teams are "elite" but the 6-0 Broncos aren't?

Dante
21 Oct 2009, 06:34am
Well, Eskomo, we do have the Giants, Eagles, Colts coming up. Those are more the elite Teams we have to face on our Schedule. Other than that it will be pretty easy.

Mcbride
21 Oct 2009, 07:03am
lol im not even gonna get into anything lol im just sitting on the side watching the broncos win games and rooting for them and i dont really find them to be elite but i do see them to be sooooooooooo much better without shanahan and Cutler...but wait a couple of years kyle orton wont be so hot most likely either

Dante
21 Oct 2009, 07:06am
Well, I don't know, Orton is pulling it off, He's a lot better playing for the broncos than that whinny bitch Cutler. I'm looking forward to a really good season from Orton.

Mcbride
21 Oct 2009, 07:11am
well cutlers first year was good and his second year on the broncos was decent then he became shit and i quit watching but im watching this year so im happy =D

Dante
21 Oct 2009, 07:27am
well cutlers first year was good and his second year on the broncos was decent then he became shit and i quit watching but im watching this year so im happy =D

He became shit because he was a whinny little bitch.

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 10:52am
Baltimore is 3-3, the three wins coming against KC, SD, and CLE (None of which are good). The three losses coming against NE (Denver Beat), CINN (Denver Beat), and MINN (A very good team, I'll give you that).

Steelers are 4-2, they lost to CINN (Denver Beat), and CHI (I'm sure you don't consider the bears a good team). The Steelers haven't beaten any good teams yet, in my opinion, and they only beat the Titans by 3.

You think these teams are "elite" but the 6-0 Broncos aren't?

You are going by the standings and not by the actual team merits?

They had an almost miraculous comeback against the Vikings (which they lost due to a missed FG) with 31 points against them. The Bengals had a pretty solid defense when they had Odom, but is now mediocre because he is out for the season. Baltimore had better stats for the most part in the New England game, but the team was out coached by Belichick, hence their loss (see, numbers mean nothing).

The Steelers have been suffering because they haven't had Polomalu, who they now have back. With him, their defense is scary good. When their defense suffers, their team suffers as it is a defensively based team.

6-0 is nothing more than a few weeks into the season. How many teams have there been that have gone undefeated into midseason and failed to achieve in the playoffs or long run? Too many to name. You guys will make it to the playoffs because you have a weak division. Whether you get a good spot or not depends on if you can beat better teams. Your undefeated record will not last long because it is only a reflection of close games that you could have lost, but won due to flukes. Hell, you would be at most 5-1 if the miraculous deflection didn't occur against CIN.

So yes, ignore everything else besides the numbers.

Eskomo
21 Oct 2009, 02:15pm
Im saying Denver is a good team because, when they need to make plays, or stop an offence they do. Denver wins all these close games because, their defence hasn't allowed any points in the 4th quarter, giving the offence an opportunity to win, which they have do and now are 6-0. Denver's offence is very under rated in my opinion, they are ranked 9th in the league right now, Kyle Orton has thrown 9 TDs and just 1 INT (Which was a hail mary pass at the end of the 1st half), not only has Denver not been turning over the ball, but the rushing duo of Moreno and Buckhalter are ranked 6th in the league. Denver is an elite team.

Phonicz
21 Oct 2009, 02:33pm
all i have to say is go LIONS,BILLS

Phonicz
21 Oct 2009, 02:34pm
and BRONCOS

Phonicz
21 Oct 2009, 02:34pm
because broncos will win the superbowl this year but next year its the lions turn so yeah

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 02:39pm
Im saying Denver is an elite team because, when they need to make plays, or stop an offence they do. Denver wins all these close games because, their defence hasn't allowed any points in the 4th quarter, giving the offence an opportunity to win, which they have do and now are 6-0. Denver's offence is very under rated in my opinion, they are ranked 9th in the league right now, Kyle Orton has thrown 9 TDs and just 1 INT (Which was a hail mary pass at the end of the 1st half), not only has Denver not been turning over the ball, but the rushing duo of Moreno and Buckhalter are ranked 6th in the league. Denver is an elite team.

And who have they been playing?

By not doing anything extraordinary, how can they be an elite team? Elite teams can win super bowls, but to win one, you have to get there. To get there, you have to beat other elite teams along the way. Can you say the Broncos can stop the Saints or the Colts?

They can stay in the game and win if need be, but that style of gameplay doesn't cut it when you start to play teams that make even good teams look silly. Good teams can make it to the playoffs, but they can't make it to the big game.

When that offense needs to come up big against a good defense, they are ill suited to deliver. If they play a game that relies on their offense to outscore their opponents, it isn't going to happen unless you play some teams in your division. Your defense may keep you in certain games, but when you play against elite teams with superb offenses, your offense needs to win the game before the 4th quarter because the other team's offense will continue to roll through most of the time.

You also continue to ignore that miraculous play at the end of the Bengals game. Your defense definitely won that game for you....not a lucky deflection of the ball. Play teams that have a good offense and defense (elite teams) and see how silly you look.

because broncos will win the superbowl this year but next year its the lions turn so yeah

The only way they will win is if half the league decides to exit the NFL.

TheTruth
21 Oct 2009, 02:48pm

I never said we were up in the elite. You still have to consider that this is Brady's first season since surgery.

Dante
21 Oct 2009, 03:53pm
I never said we were up in the elite. You still have to consider that this is Brady's first season since surgery.

Yeah, he's getting up there, he'll be up to his normal speed here in a month or so. But until then they won't be an elite team for this year.

Eskomo
21 Oct 2009, 03:58pm
And who have they been playing?

Who have the Colts been playing? How can you say the Colts are an elite team, if they haven't played any good teams (which you have criticized Denver on many times). I agree with you on the Saints though, they are #1 in the league for sure, but I see the Colts, Broncos, Minnesota, and the Giants right under them, and the order of those teams is up for grabs.

Play teams that have a good offense and defense (elite teams) and see how silly you look.

The Patriots have an excellent offense (4th in the League) and a very good defense (6th in the League). I don't think Denver looked very silly in that game at all.

And, that play at the end of the CINN game, elite teams find ways to win games even when it seems impossible, which is exactly what Denver did, yes it was lucky but it's not like that shouldn't count as a win because they had one lucky play.

Vivian556
21 Oct 2009, 04:04pm
All I gotta say is THE VIKINGS ARE PWNING YOUR BITCH ASSES!!! Good day.

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 04:20pm
Who have the Colts been playing? How can you say the Colts are an elite team, if they haven't played any good teams (which you have criticized Denver on many times). I agree with you on the Saints though, they are #1 in the league for sure, but I see the Colts, Broncos, Minnesota, and the Giants right under them, and the order of those teams is up for grabs.

The Colts have won all their games in convincing fashion (except for Miami, which is just some Wildcat crap). Peyton Manning is constantly showing why he can contend for MVP status and lead his team. Their defense is good, but with an amazing QB in Manning, their team is elite.

Denver Hasn't played good teams and it also doesn't any serious firepower in the offense. If they did, then they would be considered an elite team at this point because they wouldn't be just getting by certain teams.

The difference is Manning brings over the top talent to the team while nobody can do the same for the Broncos.

The Patriots have an excellent offense (4th in the League) and a very good defense (6th in the League). I don't think Denver looked very silly in that game at all.

You are basing that on stats that have been SEVERELY padded by their win over Tennessee. Brady wasn't back to form when he played Denver and their defense was mediocre at best. Currently, their defense still is mediocre, but Brady is getting better. The Patriots are not an elite team until Brady can bring his A game along with the defense against good teams.

And, that play at the end of the CINN game, elite teams find ways to win games even when it seems impossible, which is exactly what Denver did, yes it was lucky but it's not like that shouldn't count as a win because they had one lucky play.

Denver didn't find a way to win; the win fell into their lap. An elite team would have not had to deal with a 4th quarter comeback against those Bengals and at least not rely on a fluke play to win the game. I'm not saying it shouldn't count as a win, but when you go touting your 6-0 record, understand Denver won some games not due to their skill but by luck and poor play by other teams. If Denver wants to be elite, then they need to play like it against a good team. I have seen plenty of better teams get to 6-0 (and beyond), but they wind up fizzling against better teams or down the stretch. The Broncos will not end their season with the same success as in the beginning. End of discussion.

Eskomo
21 Oct 2009, 04:22pm
Yeah, he's getting up there, he'll be up to his normal speed here in a month or so. But until then they won't be an elite team for this year.

Did you not see him throw 5 TD passes in the 2nd Quarter, I know it was against the Titans, but still xD.

Dante
21 Oct 2009, 04:23pm
I love how you guys are pointing out flaws on Denver and noone else really.

and Eskomo, i don't bother watching any other games if it doesn't have Denver in it :P that and Kansas cable really sucks

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 04:26pm
I love how you guys are pointing out flaws on Denver and noone else really.

Nobody else is being stupid by claiming their team is elite when they clearly aren't (except for the Bills cult we have).

If you want, everyone can get a complete rundown on every team.

Dante
21 Oct 2009, 04:30pm
Nobody else is being stupid by claiming their team is elite when they clearly aren't (except for the Bills cult we have).

If you want, everyone can get a complete rundown on every team.

DO IT DO IT!! lol, I don't think Denver is elite just yet, they are doing terrific and keeping up well. I hope they continue to do well. But the harder games are comming up in November and december with the Eagles, Colts, and Giants.

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 04:38pm
But the harder games are comming up in November and december with the Eagles, Colts, and Giants.

And that is when we get to see if the Broncos are to be considered an elite team.

The Eagles managed to lay a giant turd in Oakland next to Oakland's pile, so they need to crush the Skins in order to reclaim themselves. If they don't, you can scratch them off of Denver's list of serious contenders for the time being. I honestly think it was a fluke game though, so they should manhandle the Skins and cause more drama for D.C.

DO IT DO IT!!

lol, don't tempt me

Eskomo
21 Oct 2009, 06:32pm
An elite team would have not had to deal with a 4th quarter comeback against those Bengals

No, the Elite teams such as PIT and BAL (which you have said are elite) would lose to CINN, in the 4th quarter, right?

raven maniac
21 Oct 2009, 07:38pm
No, the Elite teams such as PIT and BAL (which you have said are elite) would lose to CINN, in the 4th quarter, right?

lol, do you watch any of these games or are you going on nfl.com n espn.com n checking stats of teams?

IF you watched the Bal vs Cin game, Bal blew it in the 4th quarter with penalties in equal of 40+ yards putting them in the red zone. In addition, Fabian Washington + Dominique Foxworth have been getting burnt in every game which result in at least 1 giant pass play in every game.

The defense is struggling to keep their composure which causes our team to lose. Our offense has been doing 3x better than last year though, which surprised me because Flacco shows that he's very comfortable behind the O-line compared to last year. If he can keep being as consistent as he is then he'll mature into a better QB compared to the last few QBs we've had....Kyle Boller & Anthony Wright. I did enjoy having McNair(RIP) but he was too old for the game and had no mobility to move out of the pocket but had 1 hell of an arm, not too mention pass accuracy.

I was actually glad to see Cinci win b/c of the fact they were playing to win for the head coaches wife who had just recently passed away.

Dirty Sanchez
21 Oct 2009, 08:13pm
lol, do you watch any of these games or are you going on nfl.com n espn.com n checking stats of teams?
He's used to watching CFL.

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 08:33pm
I was actually glad to see Cinci win b/c of the fact they were playing to win for the head coaches wife who had just recently passed away.

Defensive coordinator, not head coach.

Mike Zimmer is the man though. Had him in Dallas as a DC before he went to Cincy. Unfortunately for him, our offense sucked at the time because we had no real QB, so our defense was the only thing keeping us alive in games.

Eskomo
21 Oct 2009, 09:04pm

Mike Zimmer is the man though. Had him in Dallas as a DC before he went to Cincy. Unfortunately for him, our offense sucked at the time because we had no real QB, so our defense was the only thing keeping us alive in games.

This does not change the fact that BAL lost to CINN, unlike the Broncos.

raven maniac
21 Oct 2009, 09:30pm

I'll read your posts when you actually watch a game and know what you're talking about. :]

http://steynian.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/captainobvious.jpg

http://gullyborg.typepad.com/.a/6a00d83421dda453ef0120a570e9e8970c-800wi

Ahh thought it was the head coach.

How you doing in ur Fantasy league this year?

I'm 5-1 right now, I didn't get my all-star roster from last year but I did get Jones-Drew n I picked up Sims-Walker who has been putting up some nice points.

Italian Jew
21 Oct 2009, 10:32pm
Ahh thought it was the head coach.

How you doing in ur Fantasy league this year?

I'm 5-1 right now, I didn't get my all-star roster from last year but I did get Jones-Drew n I picked up Sims-Walker who has been putting up some nice points.

I always pick Drew Brees whenever I do fantasy. 'Nuff said

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/1382/facepalm2ly3.jpg

If you aren't getting what I have been talking about now, you never will.

Eskomo
22 Oct 2009, 04:31am
If you aren't getting what I have been talking about now, you never will.

I just don't get how you consider the Ravens/Steelers an elite team, if you said an elite team would not have to struggle in the 4th quarter with the Bengals (Which the Ravens and Steelers did). I agree the Broncos are not an elite team though, not yet at least.

I'll read your posts when you actually watch a game and know what you're talking about. :]

I watch every Broncos game, and another game for each other time slot, I'm sorry if that wasn't the Bengals/Ravens game.

raven maniac
22 Oct 2009, 06:04am
I just don't get how you consider the Ravens/Steelers an elite team, if you said an elite team would not have to struggle in the 4th quarter with the Bengals (Which the Ravens and Steelers did). I agree the Broncos are not an elite team though, not yet at least.

I watch every Broncos game, and another game for each other time slot, I'm sorry if that wasn't the Bengals/Ravens game.

I didn't watch the steelers game b/c I don't like the steelers but you're bragging about Denver not losing to Cinci when you were losing in the 4th quarter and by sheer luck you managed to win because the Bengals player batted it instead of intercepting it but you ask how others managed to lose to the Bengals?

The Ravens/Steelers/Bengals are in a much more difficult division, afc north, compared to your cake division of afc west.

We're only a few games in so we'll see how things turn out.

Italian Jew
22 Oct 2009, 10:55am

Because the Bengals managed to find themselves those two weeks, as well those two games being division games (which tend to be tougher games except for in a few divisions in which the teams are a joke no matter what).

Any given Sunday. Some teams seem to follow this mantra more than others.

Eskomo
22 Oct 2009, 11:50am
I didn't watch the steelers game b/c I don't like the steelers but you're bragging about Denver not losing to Cinci when you were losing in the 4th quarter and by sheer luck you managed to win because the Bengals player batted it instead of intercepting it but you ask how others managed to lose to the Bengals?

What I was trying to point out was that Italian Jew said elite teams would not have to struggle with the Bengals, which the Broncos, Steelers, and Ravens all did. So, using his logic none of these teams are elite, which I agree with. But, he said that the Steelers, and Ravens are Elite teams, which contradicts the whole "Elite teams wouldn't have to struggle with the Bengals in the 4th quarter."

THE BRONCOS ARE NOT AN ELITE TEAM

Italian Jew
22 Oct 2009, 12:07pm
What I was trying to point out was that Italian Jew said elite teams would not have to struggle with the Bengals, which the Broncos, Steelers, and Ravens all did. So, using his logic none of these teams are elite, which I agree with. But, he said that the Steelers, and Ravens are Elite teams, which contradicts the whole "Elite teams wouldn't have to struggle with the Bengals in the 4th quarter."

I said

An elite team would have not had to deal with a 4th quarter comeback against those Bengals

As in if the Steelers or Ravens were playing the Bengals when Denver did (i.e. when they weren't doing as well in the later weeks), they wouldn't have had any problems. When they figured out how to use their team, the Bengals were actually pretty good. They are now worse because of Odom being out for the season. The Week 1 Bengals are not the same as the Week 2 Bengals or the Week 6 Bengals. Teams like the Bronco aren't going through those weekly changes, and so they are a pretty generic team week in and week out.

There is more to football than numbers on a page or the name of a team.

Eskomo
22 Oct 2009, 01:04pm
I said

As in if the Steelers or Ravens were playing the Bengals when Denver did (i.e. when they weren't doing as well in the later weeks), they wouldn't have had any problems. When they figured out how to use their team, the Bengals were actually pretty good. They are now worse because of Odom being out for the season. The Week 1 Bengals are not the same as the Week 2 Bengals or the Week 6 Bengals. Teams like the Bronco aren't going through those weekly changes, and so they are a pretty generic team week in and week out.

There is more to football than numbers on a page or the name of a team.

Even if the Bengals weren't playing their best football week 1, neither were the Broncos, they have a completely new team this year, which they were still figuring out how to use. They have a new QB, new Head Coach, new Defensive Coordinator, 8 new starters on defense, a 1-3 Preseason, and an off season full of ups and downs, there is no possible way they are gonna play their best football week 1, no team does. But, throughout the start of season the Denver defense has really come together and have proven they are one of the best in the league. And as for the offense, its been good, but still has a lot of room for improvements.

The Baltimore Ravens
30 Oct 2009, 06:00pm
im sorry but denver didnt beat cincy the luckyist play so far in this year beat cincy, and i do hate to say it but steelers are a HELL of a LOT better then denver, and i think baltimore can beat denver easy if they play good.

Dante
30 Oct 2009, 06:04pm
im sorry but denver didnt beat cincy the luckyist play so far in this year beat cincy, and i do hate to say it but steelers are a HELL of a LOT better then denver, and i think baltimore can beat denver easy if they play good.

That's something that we'll find out on Sunday. I'll be looking forward to that one.