PDA

View Full Version : New server up & running.

barackobama
13 Oct 2009, 01:39pm
Last month we had a vote for a new server as we got a new dedicated box, the winner was Zombie Surf, zombie surf consists of surfing while hungry mutant zombies try to kill you!!! so get loaded up and blast some ass! Well done to Paul for hours of work tweaking the server for your pleasure.

I'm proud to announce Zombie Surf is now up and running for your enjoyment, the IP is : 64.34.185.148:27015

We hope you enjoy this server, and any feedback would be great!

PingPong
13 Oct 2009, 01:40pm
Thanks paul for all the hard work. Can't wait to start playing

Italian Jew
13 Oct 2009, 01:49pm
Maps made for specifically for it would be great. This server will lose its novelty very quickly, but you could keep a steady player base for a while possibly with surf maps we haven't seen or played much that work well with zombies.

The zombie HP seems to be very low, which works well if you are the last few humans left, but sucks when the first zombies appear.

It is annoying to get stabbed when the zombie goes through you and by the time it registers the hit, you are halfway across the map away from the zombie.

Stevee
13 Oct 2009, 01:55pm
Ye.
I saw paul working on it for a good hour .
Well done paul and well done to all the rest who helped!
Hope it gets popular ! :)

Bob Loblaw
13 Oct 2009, 02:02pm
Wow unique. Seems like a good idea but also seems like maps designed for this game style would be best, because if the entire map is surf like almost all surf maps (lol) then it would be no fun for people who aren't super pro at surf, because people (like me) would be entirely focused on the surf aspect and never have a chance to shoot the zombie that is coming up behind them.

barackobama
13 Oct 2009, 02:03pm
yeah, hopefully some people will be up for the job of getting some maps created for this server :)

Crimson
13 Oct 2009, 02:10pm
Already at work I see Gayfield? But, can't wait to try it out!

barackobama
13 Oct 2009, 02:12pm
Kind of, I helped build it, like make it, but that's about it, I didn't do very much.. thanks to TCP for showing me most of the stuff that has to be done, and thanks to Paul for trying to make it run since 11am GMT lol!

Metal
13 Oct 2009, 02:16pm
Great fun lol

P3rg3
13 Oct 2009, 02:49pm
Sounds good!
Bring it on.

SilentGuns
13 Oct 2009, 03:10pm
Well its nice to see that you are putting donations into good use -.-

Il be sure to try it tomorrow :D

TheTruth
13 Oct 2009, 03:18pm
I'll be on it as much as I can to test all of the stuff :D

Fun so far though.

Paul
13 Oct 2009, 03:48pm
Id love to see some of the community mappers produce a map specially for this mod, that has few camping spots and try to balance it as much as possible.

McCallum
13 Oct 2009, 03:51pm
Can't wait to try it out! :amuse: