PDA

View Full Version : Cloverfield Escape

Desu
21 Jan 2008, 03:36pm
it wont be anything too fancy let me tell you that now. Ill draw som designs up on Ms paints for some floor plans. It will accurately follow the same path they took in the movie. The Ct's will spawn at robs apartment roof and the T's will spawn at the bridge. The zombie will spawn about 30 secs in and proceed for some havoc reaking. Im thinking about making some of it timed and not a completely linear map. Like backtracking to the point where you go across the bridge and come back. Although im not sure how this can be acheived. it would be a very scripted match. almost like blacklion'

in second thought, ill make it a run for your life match, with buttons needed to activate scripted events to open up new areas

Yellow Invazn
21 Jan 2008, 05:11pm
Yeah, in order to make it follow the exact same things Rob and Hud did, you should put little switches that need to be pressed in order to continue on with the map.

That way it prevents people from (for example)
leaving Beth to die in the apartment
and skipping right to the end.

How you make the tilted apartment complex, I don't know, that's all you.

Pretty cool idea, good luck with it.

Assasin
21 Jan 2008, 05:29pm
Yet another escape map about a movie...

Well,good luck anyway...!

Desu
21 Jan 2008, 10:27pm
How you make the tilted apartment complex, I don't know, that's all you.

i played a map on napalm where it had an area, and then you went through a spiral walkway and the area was tilted sideways, im thinking i could maake the first one, then map the apartment and go through and use textures

Yellow Invazn
22 Jan 2008, 05:52pm
Distortion's the map you're thinking of

Your idea sounds like it'll turn out fine

Desu
25 Jan 2008, 09:07pm
Distortion's the map you're thinking of

Your idea sounds like it'll turn out fine

hehe in a year or two. fucking hammer is harder than i thought