PDA

View Full Version : Muslim football team refuse to play Gay football club

Lux
10 Oct 2009, 08:07am
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iTmrW21JzH2-V6mmvu1bM2A8zFiQ

CRETEIL, France — A gay football club in a Paris suburb have protested to local league chiefs after being snubbed for a scheduled match by a fellow league side.
Paris Foot Gay (PFG) were set to play fellow Creteil side Bebel, who are composed of mainly Muslim players, but the evening before the match Bebel cried off.
PFG said they received an e-mail from Bebel which said they could not honour the match because it was "against their principles".
"Sorry, but because of the name of your team and in keeping with the principles of the team, which is a team of practising Muslims, we cannot play against you," said the e-mail, according to PFG's co-founder and current president Pascal Brethes.
It added: "Our convictions are stronger than a game of football. Sorry to have informed you so late."
PFG believe the decision was "homophobic", and have threatened to press charges "if Bebel continue to carry on like this", according to Brethes.
He said his team was a haven for all kinds of races and also welcomed non-gay players, and he believes Bebel's decision contravenes laws governing racism and homophobia.
"We (PFG) are first and foremost an association which is against homophobia in football," he said, adding the the club had "heterosexuals, blacks, whites, north Africans, and several different religions."
But an unnamed representative from Creteil Bebel said in a local radio interview they would not back down.
"We're sorry if anyone feels insulted. (But) as a Muslim I still have the right to decide not to play because I don't agree with their philosophy," said.

You can't have people with those kinds of views being accepted in Western society.

This isn't the Middle East, and we don't have to provide or respect any laws or beliefs that conflict with ours.

Paris Foot Gay are not breaking a rule by playing football, and you must play them as they are part of the league, or be expelled for discrimination.

Look around western society.....people are being fired, fined, jailed (???), and others are getting paid hundreds of thousands in compensation for discrimination. Muslims are not an exception to the rule, they should feel lucky that they aren't getting stoned to death or something similar which would happen in the Muslim countries.

:confused1:

LegalSmash
10 Oct 2009, 08:11am
http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5iTmrW21JzH2-V6mmvu1bM2A8zFiQ

You can't have people with those kinds of views being accepted in Western society.

This isn't the Middle East, and we don't have to provide or respect any laws or beliefs that conflict with ours.

Paris Foot Gay are not breaking a rule by playing football, and you must play them as they are part of the league, or be expelled for discrimination.

Look around western society.....people are being fired, fined, jailed (???), and others are getting paid hundreds of thousands in compensation for discrimination. Muslims are not an exception to the rule, they should feel lucky that they aren't getting stoned to death or something similar which would happen in the Muslim countries.

:confused1:

I'm inclined to agree, but these Muslims don't want to live in western society, in case you haven't realized yet. lol. :usa2:

Lux
10 Oct 2009, 08:47am
I'm inclined to agree, but these Muslims don't want to live in western society, in case you haven't realized yet. lol. :usa2:

Of course I've realised, but if they don't want to live in western society, then their existence in western society which cannot be avoided when they live in a country such as France is meaningless, and their goal for colonization??? their own little France "but actually Islamic society" country?? or whatever it is shouldn't be allowed.

TheTruth
10 Oct 2009, 09:29am
Wow what douches. They'd probably lose :P

I wonder if they'd play the Bills then?

Simmons1114
10 Oct 2009, 09:45am
Maybe they dont want to play soccor with a bunch of gay guys.

How is that a crime?

Maybe France isnt a free country :(

Bad Dog
10 Oct 2009, 10:12am
I agree it was incredibly dumb for them to do that, but being the kind of person I am I'm kind of inclined to think that if its against their principles then maybe they shouldnt have to play them. Hell, why not just forfeit to them if they are really going to be stubborn about it, if that is an option. But if they dont want to play soccer against gays then why play soccer in france.?

Lux
10 Oct 2009, 11:35am
Wow what douches. They'd probably lose :P

I wonder if they'd play the Bills then?

Maybe if they played American football :crazy:

Maybe they dont want to play soccor with a bunch of gay guys.

How is that a crime?

Maybe France isnt a free country :(

It's discrimination....in the same way Muslim's would be outraged around the world if a team didn't want to play against a bunch of Muslim guys......it's not acceptable, pretty sure it is against international footballing rules anyway...or at least I'd assume against France's rules.

I agree it was incredibly dumb for them to do that, but being the kind of person I am I'm kind of inclined to think that if its against their principles then maybe they shouldnt have to play them. Hell, why not just forfeit to them if they are really going to be stubborn about it, if that is an option. But if they dont want to play soccer against gays then why play soccer in france.?

Basically because why be in a league if you can't going to play the opposition? You can't pick and choose your opponents in a league, and allowing them to forfeit would be a morale loss IMO.

roach coach
10 Oct 2009, 11:37am
They should either play them or forfeit. I still hear crap like that in the US with all the Christian fundies we have here. :crazy:

Simmons1114
10 Oct 2009, 12:44pm
in france they have this thing called homophobphobia
a fear of ppl which have a fear of ppl who are gay

Lux
10 Oct 2009, 06:03pm
in france they have this thing called homophobphobia
a fear of ppl which have a fear of ppl who are gay

I wouldn't say they fear homophobes......but is that meant to be bad???? :tape:

Alabama eh??? could've guessed

Harpr33t
10 Oct 2009, 07:15pm
This is another example of how immigrants or an alien group is trying to implement its ways of life beyond its borders. This is similar to the story I read about the French muslim slums where some parts of sharia law are practiced and they have their own courts and police.

Jaffa
10 Oct 2009, 08:28pm
Christ its only a football game, i'm pretty sure the Qur'an doesn't tell them that playing football against teams with gay in the name is wrong...

trakaill
11 Oct 2009, 06:34am
yeah but all those gay foot ball player could pull down their shorts and rape them in the butt
ZOMG?!:crazy:

Harpr33t
11 Oct 2009, 07:36am
Christ its only a football game, i'm pretty sure the Qur'an doesn't tell them that playing football against teams with gay in the name is wrong...

Today its a football game, the next day it will be some else and more serious

PotshotPolka
11 Oct 2009, 10:21am
Today its a football game, the next day it will be some else and more serious

American football?

Omar
11 Oct 2009, 11:04am
If they refuse to play them then it counts as a forfeit, too bad for the muslims
Though It's still their right to play them or not. They refuse, they lose.
Those muslims have a pussy mentality btw, I would totally play the gays.

Harpr33t
11 Oct 2009, 03:22pm
American football?

Maybe when we actually have an all muslim football then.

PotshotPolka
11 Oct 2009, 03:27pm
Maybe when we actually have an all muslim football then.

....well I seriously doubt we'll have an all-gay American football team anytime soon.

Lux
11 Oct 2009, 04:30pm
....well I seriously doubt we'll have an all-gay American football team anytime soon.

Yeah with all those body guards there's no point in them even trying :thumb:

Bob Loblaw
18 Oct 2009, 10:05pm
I think the muslims should be allowed to decline playing them.
I think it is a completely bs reason, but I mean if that is how they feel they should be allowed.

People are trying to force gay upon everyone else. I don't have a huge problem with gay, but I believe that gays should have to be more private about their love. I don't care what they do in their bedroom, but I strongly dislike seeing two guys kissing or even really holding hands walking down the street. I wouldn't say I'm homophobic because if someone came up to me and said "I'm gay" I'd would be totally okay with it and not think less of them, it's just when I physically see two gays being gay that I have a problem.

I strongly hope the "Don't ask don't tell" policy stays in effect. I think it's good that gays are allowed to serve if they want, but this rule should definitely be in place.

Italian Jew
18 Oct 2009, 10:09pm
I don't have a huge problem with gay, but I believe that gays should have to be more private about their love. I don't care what they do in their bedroom, but I strongly dislike seeing two guys kissing or even really holding hands walking down the street. I wouldn't say I'm homophobic because if someone came up to me and said "I'm gay" I'd would be totally okay with it and not think less of them, it's just when I physically see two gays being gay that I have a problem.

Why do you have a problem with gay people holding hands? It's not like they are forcing you to watch them cornhole each other. You don't have to look at them holding hands.

Nice bump and slightly off topic btw

The team should be allowed to not play, but they should be penalized for it, especially if it is a scheduled match.

Senior
18 Oct 2009, 11:10pm
Weird since most professional football player looks bisexual..

Bob Loblaw
19 Oct 2009, 09:47am
Why do you have a problem with gay people holding hands? It's not like they are forcing you to watch them cornhole each other. You don't have to look at them holding hands.

Nice bump and slightly off topic btw

The team should be allowed to not play, but they should be penalized for it, especially if it is a scheduled match.

Hah, well at least the first few lines were on topic.

And yeah, I think they should be penalized as well, but they should be allowed to decline to play, but accept the loss.

And I don't know, I would just rather not see it. Nothing against them, and I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to hold hands in public, I just think they should use more privacy than most relationships.

Omar
19 Oct 2009, 09:53am
Hah, well at least the first few lines were on topic.

And yeah, I think they should be penalized as well, but they should be allowed to decline to play, but accept the loss.

And I don't know, I would just rather not see it. Nothing against them, and I don't think they shouldn't be allowed to hold hands in public, I just think they should use more privacy than most relationships.

Dude?
If they wanna hold hands, they can hold hands.
Though I would get annoyed if I saw a gay couple widly making out with toungs... I actually get annoyed if it's a straight couple too, holding hands is okay, if they kiss then I would just look away but like.. making out wildly would be unappropriate in public though no one is forced to look ^^

PotshotPolka
19 Oct 2009, 10:02am
Dude?
If they wanna hold hands, they can hold hands.
Though I would get annoyed if I saw a gay couple widly making out with toungs... I actually get annoyed if it's a straight couple too, holding hands is okay, if they kiss then I would just look away but like.. making out wildly would be unappropriate in public though no one is forced to look ^^

All we need to convince you of now is that pepperoni pizza is better than sex and you'll be one of us.

Omar
19 Oct 2009, 10:50am
All we need to convince you of now is that pepperoni pizza is better than sex and you'll be one of us.

What is "us"?

Senior
19 Oct 2009, 11:32am
What is "us"?

THOSE WHO WILL BURN IN HELL FOR ETERNITY!

PS: beef pepperoni is delicious.

PotshotPolka
19 Oct 2009, 04:59pm
what is "us"?

American HAR HAR HAR HURRRRRRRRRRR

Bob Loblaw
19 Oct 2009, 11:10pm

Haha, I don't know if you guys watch How I Met Your Mother, but Barney had a GREAT line in the newest episode while arguing with Robyn.

"Not only are you entirely wrong, but you still stuck to your guns and managed to insult me in the process. You are officially one of us (American)."

Line made me laugh my ass off.

Omar
21 Oct 2009, 12:36pm

I'm turning into an american...... FUCK... Oh well.. Gotta do my job.

AMERICA
FUCK YEAH!! :usa2: :usa2:

PotshotPolka
21 Oct 2009, 12:39pm
I'm turning into an american...... FUCK... Oh well.. Gotta do my job.

AMERICA
FUCK YEAH!! :usa2: :usa2:

Now go buy a shotgun and eat excessively.