PDA

View Full Version : NFL-week 4

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Oct 2009, 02:21pm
what did you guys think. i think the refs sucked ass, but i like how the jets failed

TheTruth
5 Oct 2009, 02:21pm
I liked Week 4. A LOT :)

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Oct 2009, 02:23pm
I liked Week 4. A LOT :)

those refs in the pats game just didnt want brady to rollover and die like last year :rlol:

TheTruth
5 Oct 2009, 02:24pm
those refs in the pats game just didnt want brady to rollover and die like last year :rlol:

Well it looked like a few of your players might have died :P

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Oct 2009, 02:25pm
Well it looked like a few of your players might have died :P

maybe....one, but hes fine now, but that fake FG play the pats did that was not a first down

TheTruth
5 Oct 2009, 02:27pm
Even without the 3 points it would be 24-21.

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Oct 2009, 02:27pm
but.... then again it could be worse my name could be the tennessee titans

300th post yay!

TheTruth
5 Oct 2009, 02:29pm
but.... then again it could be worse my name could be the tennessee titans

or the Bills.....:high5:

Eskomo
5 Oct 2009, 03:05pm
My Broncos are 4-0 now :), I didn't think they were gunna win, but sure enough the Denver D proved itself in the 2nd. We play NE next week, it'll be close =D!

Italian Jew
5 Oct 2009, 03:20pm
My Broncos are 4-0 now :), I didn't think they were gunna win, but sure enough the Denver D proved itself in the 2nd. We play NE next week, it'll be close =D!

Thank Jason Garret being stupid.

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Oct 2009, 07:17pm

Yeah I'm sorry but I know you know this but Denver is a crappy ass team that has played shitty ass teams.

GrayFox
5 Oct 2009, 07:17pm
what did you guys think. i think the refs sucked ass, but i like how the jets failed

Bitch bitch bitch, but you get moves like this HnmGSMccDuU.

Complain about the refs all you want, but they didn't lose the game for you.

Determined2Win
5 Oct 2009, 07:38pm
or the Bills.....:high5:

I give up...

Harbor
5 Oct 2009, 10:23pm
I.........I..........I.....I dont wanna talk about it :cry:

Italian Jew
5 Oct 2009, 10:29pm
I.........I..........I.....I dont wanna talk about it :cry:

Favre now the only NFL player to have beaten EVERY NFL team?

GrayFox
6 Oct 2009, 05:03am
Favre now the only NFL player to have beaten EVERY NFL team?

I honestly can't believe he is doing this good, I expected and wanted him to fail miserably. Theres still 12 games left of the season, and thats usually when he goes downhill anyways.

Eskomo
6 Oct 2009, 05:24am
Yeah I'm sorry but I know you know this but Denver is a crappy ass team that has played shitty ass teams.

They have played shit teams, but dallas is good, and going into week 4 they were ranked 1st in the league in rushing. The Denver D stopped em to just over 70 yards on the ground, sooo they can't be that bad. Any team that only gives up 26 points in 4 games gets my respect :).

The Broncos Schedule gets a lot harder, they play NE, SD, BAL (We'll see who's shit then), and then PIT.

I don't think the Broncos are as bad as everyone thinks, but I'm sure they are just eating up the role of underdog.

How did the Ravens do in Week 4, oh wait....

Thank Jason Garret being stupid.

I can thank Mike Nolan to be honest.

CandleJack
6 Oct 2009, 05:56am
Bears vs Lions Bears
Packers at Vikings Vikings
Broncos vs Cowboys Broncos

Those were the best games this week.

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Oct 2009, 09:31am
They have played shit teams, but dallas is good, and going into week 4 they were ranked 1st in the league in rushing. The Denver D stopped em to just over 70 yards on the ground, sooo they can't be that bad. Any team that only gives up 26 points in 4 games gets my respect :).

The Broncos Schedule gets a lot harder, they play NE, SD, BAL (We'll see who's shit then), and then PIT.

I don't think the Broncos are as bad as everyone thinks, but I'm sure they are just eating up the role of underdog.

How did the Ravens do in Week 4, oh wait....

I can thank Mike Nolan to be honest.

yeah by the time denver is done with that part of the schedule they will be 4-3

Italian Jew
6 Oct 2009, 10:34am

Dallas has been mediocre and a large part of that has been Jason Garret fucking up the gameplan. He stops running the ball in the second half and under utilizes the RBs when he does use them.

TheTruth
6 Oct 2009, 01:02pm
Bears vs Lions Bears
Packers at Vikings Vikings
Broncos vs Cowboys Broncos

Those were the best games this week.

How were the undefeated Ravens vs. The 2-1 Patriots not good?

Italian Jew
6 Oct 2009, 01:12pm
How were the undefeated Ravens vs. The 2-1 Patriots not good?

There is only so much "OMFG DO NOT TOUCH TOM BRADY YELLOW FLAGS" you can stomach before it gets lame.

....or he might not have gotten that game in his region.

Eskomo
6 Oct 2009, 01:38pm
Dallas has been mediocre and a large part of that has been Jason Garret fucking up the gameplan. He stops running the ball in the second half and under utilizes the RBs when he does use them.

They we're ranked number 1 in the league in rushing how is that mediocre >.>

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Oct 2009, 01:59pm
There is only so much "OMFG DO NOT TOUCH TOM BRADY YELLOW FLAGS" you can stomach before it gets lame.

....or he might not have gotten that game in his region.

HAAHA yeah thats pretty much what it is was:lol:

Italian Jew
6 Oct 2009, 02:03pm
They we're ranked number 1 in the league in rushing how is that mediocre >.>

Because he STOPS calling running plays even though they work. He also put in Choice instead of Barber for the most part because he believed Barber was still injured even though Barber, the head coach, and the owner didn't think so. They also didn't have Jones who is largely responsible, along with Barber, for their #1 rushing rank.

They aren't a #1 rushing team without Jones and they are a mediocre rushing team when Barber isn't played like he should be.

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Oct 2009, 05:27pm
the RAVENS are the best running team! jk..........but they are good

TheTruth
6 Oct 2009, 05:28pm

There was only 1 roughing the passer call ;_;

The Baltimore Ravens
6 Oct 2009, 05:58pm
There was only 1 roughing the passer call ;_;

no there was 2 and the were both fail calls

TheTruth
6 Oct 2009, 06:03pm
no there was 2 and the were both fail calls

When you're going to tackle the QB's legs it isn't fail....HnmGSMccDuU

Italian Jew
6 Oct 2009, 08:10pm
When you're going to tackle the QB's legs it isn't fail....HnmGSMccDuU

He grazed his upper leg (which he did by falling off balance). If Suggs was playing dirty, he would have smashed right into his knee. Even Tony Dungy said it wasn't enough for a penalty.

Also have the other one where the guy's arm hit the side of Brady's helmet. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, AN ARM HIT HIM ON HIS HEAVILY PROTECTED HEAD!!!!!!!!

Could have also done without all the drama queen/soccer acting after he got touched.

It's football, but the refs treat the QBs like girls with some getting the more royal treatment over others. In this league, Tom Brady is the queen.

TheTruth
6 Oct 2009, 08:13pm
He grazed his upper leg. If Suggs was playing dirty, he would have smashed right into his knee. Even Tony Dungy said it wasn't enough for a penalty.

Also have the other one where the guy's arm hit the side of Brady's helmet. JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, AN ARM HIT HIM ON HIS HEAVILY PROTECTED HEAD!!!!!!!!

Could have also done without all the drama queen/soccer acting after he got touched.

It's football, but the refs treat the QBs like girls with some getting the more royal treatment over others. In this league, Tom Brady is the queen.

He only grazed his upper leg because Brady moved...

I honestly don't care though. The Patriots won.

Italian Jew
6 Oct 2009, 08:16pm
He only grazed his upper leg because Brady moved...

Yeah, right as he touched his leg, Brady tried to jump back a little bit to catch his balance and then continued to sell it.

The Baltimore Ravens
7 Oct 2009, 06:28am
He grazed his upper leg (which he did by falling off balance). If Suggs was playing dirty, he would have smashed right into his knee. Even Tony Dungy said it wasn't enough for a penalty.

yep hes right, and anyway the refs even said they blew it, but i just wannna say have fun with your 10-6 season

TheTruth
7 Oct 2009, 01:17pm
Have fun with your Pats lose :)

Thought you said the Pats would lose. Guess not :P

Eskomo
7 Oct 2009, 01:34pm
Have fun with your Pats lose :)

Thought you said the Pats would lose. Guess not :P

He meant the Pats would lose to Denver this weekend =D!

TheTruth
7 Oct 2009, 01:37pm
He meant the Pats would lose to Denver this weekend =D!

When the Bills win again....

PingPong
7 Oct 2009, 01:50pm
I was dissapointed with week 4 other then the vikings game. Giants are 4-0 :thumb:

The Baltimore Ravens
8 Oct 2009, 10:35am
I was dissapointed with week 4 other then the vikings game. Giants are 4-0 :thumb:

giants would KILL the pats right now.

PingPong
9 Oct 2009, 01:51pm
giants would COMPLETLEY RAPE the pats right now.
Fixed

The Baltimore Ravens
9 Oct 2009, 02:59pm
Fixed

there ya go :thumb:

TheTruth
9 Oct 2009, 04:08pm
giants would KILL the pats right now.

That would be good coming off the Week were the Ravens lost :high5:

The Baltimore Ravens
10 Oct 2009, 07:20am
so you want them to rape you?

TheTruth
10 Oct 2009, 09:31am
so you want them to rape you?

I want you to stop crying about your Week 4 loss.

GrayFox
10 Oct 2009, 12:23pm
It seems every time the ravens lose they start complaining about the officiating

Italian Jew
10 Oct 2009, 12:46pm
It seems every time the ravens lose they start complaining about the officiating

Those two calls were shit calls that kept drives alive. Everyone except New England fans have noticed that.

If the rules were held up to one standard, then there wouldn't be a problem, but certain players get better treatment than others. That is where there is a problem with officiating and some teams get an unfair advantage over others because of it.

The Baltimore Ravens
10 Oct 2009, 03:41pm
Those two calls were shit calls that kept drives alive. Everyone except New England fans have noticed that.

If the rules were held up to one standard, then there wouldn't be a problem, but certain players get better treatment than others. That is where there is a problem with officiating and some teams get an unfair advantage over others because of it.

I'm not mad anymore but he is right.

TheTruth
10 Oct 2009, 03:45pm
You don't see me crying though about how the ball hit by the Twins should have been obviously fair. The Yankees still won and I'm not complaining about it. So don't be complaining about how bad the refs were because it doesn't change the loss.

Italian Jew
10 Oct 2009, 04:12pm
You don't see me crying though about how the ball hit by the Twins should have been obviously fair. The Yankees still won and I'm not complaining about it. So don't be complaining about how bad the refs were because it doesn't change the loss.

Baseball and Football are two completely different sports. This means the officiating is completely different as well as the outcome. You cannot compare the two in that way.

A lot more luck is involved in baseball than in football, so besides blowing obvious calls that anyone could see, they don't affect the game as much (unless you allow the umpires to selectively target batters who get an extra set of strikes or some crap like that). That play was human error that couldn't be rectified by review (according to MLB rules) and such errors rarely occur. There also wasn't any favoritism involved and the Chief Umpire even had a press statement on it stating he regrets the call.

In Football, the referees are all over the field to make sure they get the right call because it is almost a pure amount of skill in play (also have the ability to check replays and challenge rulings with multiple camera angles). They mess up a call, they change the flow of the game on a much more drastic scale than in baseball. If they show favoritism, which they did in the football game and not in the baseball game, the favorited player or team will have an advantage over the other team. This takes away the skill aspect from the game and undermines the whole point of football.

It is turning into soccer with some of the calls and players out there. You've got some bullshit acting and ridiculous flops packaged with obvious favoritism. QBs should be able to get hit just as any other position out there as they are playing a CONTACT sport. Both the league and some key players need to man up.

TheTruth
10 Oct 2009, 04:29pm
Baseball and Football are two completely different sports. This means the officiating is completely different as well as the outcome. You cannot compare the two in that way.

A lot more luck is involved in baseball than in football, so besides blowing obvious calls that anyone could see, they don't affect the game as much (unless you allow the umpires to selectively target batters who get an extra set of strikes or some crap like that). That play was human error that couldn't be rectified by review (according to MLB rules) and such errors rarely occur. There also wasn't any favoritism involved and the Chief Umpire even had a press statement on it stating he regrets the call.

In Football, the referees are all over the field to make sure they get the right call because it is almost a pure amount of skill in play (also have the ability to check replays and challenge rulings with multiple camera angles). They mess up a call, they change the flow of the game on a much more drastic scale than in baseball. If they show favoritism, which they did in the football game and not in the baseball game, the favorited player or team will have an advantage over the other team. This takes away the skill aspect from the game and undermines the whole point of football.

It is turning into soccer with some of the calls and players out there. You've got some bullshit acting and ridiculous flops packaged with obvious favoritism. QBs should be able to get hit just as any other position out there as they are playing a CONTACT sport. Both the league and some key players need to man up.

Yea except that Baltimore is trying to say that the Ravens could have won if they didn't get those calls and the Twins also might have won if they got that double.

Italian Jew
10 Oct 2009, 04:53pm
Yea except that Baltimore is trying to say that the Ravens could have won if they didn't get those calls and the Twins also might have won if they got that double.

Those two calls kept alive two drives that resulted in two scores for New England. It is completely reasonable to assume the game would have had a very different outcome. The Ravens could have won, but that would have also made it possible for the Patriots to comeback and win as well if the Ravens had the lead.

It changed how the game was played by both teams. Regardless who would win, the calls tarnished the nature of the game. Those drives would not have resulted in points if the calls were not mistakenly made, thus making it a different game.

For baseball, even if he got the double, you would still rely on the other batters having big enough hits. There is a same basic mentality to hit the ball as far as you can or in a relative area (area wouldn't change with a man at second). The batter is there to swing and hit the ball. The game relies too much on luck for anyone to make that judgment because even if he did score, more Twins could have scored or the Yankees could have held them (which they did with bases loaded). You could also believe that the Yankess could have scored additional runs when they were up in the inning. They got one, but they could have gotten more if they needed to.

One cannot say if they were going to or not just as much as someone would say the Twins would have tied the game, took the lead with additional scores, or missing out entirely even with the double. There is just too much luck involved to say that play prevented the Twins from winning when even when they had the bases loaded with no outs, they couldn't manage one run.

Due to the luck involved, the game could have played out the exact same, save for the double instead of the single.

TheTruth
10 Oct 2009, 05:04pm
I'm just saying how complaining about the refs can't change the games results and its already over with and will never change.

Italian Jew
10 Oct 2009, 05:08pm
I'm just saying how complaining about the refs can't change the games results and its already over with and will never change.

Regardless, the fans know what it really means. Some will choose to ignore it while others will see their is a problem with the way rules are upheld in the league.

Zargotelc
11 Oct 2009, 07:15am
The Ravens didn't lose because of officiating. The Ravens lost because 1) the Patriots own that shit and 2) That WR dropped that 4th down pass. They were driving downfield and then he dropped that pass and the Patriots held on and won. EOS