PDA

View Full Version : zm spacestation flee

Desu
18 Jan 2008, 10:45pm
I've had it with this map. Every time i play it i have to leave and go to vip in frustration. There are too many secret hiding spots ct's can hide in after the ship has left, it is easily susceptible to blockers, the terrorist spawn point is unfair, it lags like a bitch in the ship(leaving giant room for glitchers), and most of the time people wont defend the crated but instead go straight for the airlock resulting in great amounts of fail. tl;dr this map sucks. Please take it out of rotation.

Edit: If anything we need to edit out the secret spots and make the spaceship less laggy. Also i think there should be two rooms for the airlock. You go through the first one and then the second one opens. This would eliminate people not fighting the zombies and going straight for the airlock

Kennith
18 Jan 2008, 10:48pm
I like this map. Lol

Bill Smauz
18 Jan 2008, 11:36pm
So do I but I believe the concept and main idea of the map could have been though over better. This map was made for ZombieHorde first which explains why the T's spawn different than CT's.

Jaffa
19 Jan 2008, 12:45am
Meh most maps on zombie mod are only fun when you have some element of teamwork, usually when i decide to play some zombie i look at each server and who is playing on t before i decide, to i pick the one with the best players on it

Alien
19 Jan 2008, 12:51am
spacestation and nostromo escape is good.
I like spacestation flee.Spacestation = good place where fight with zombies and escape.

Sorry my english is bad

Hunter
19 Jan 2008, 02:30am
It's a good map but is there any way we could change it a bit like a teleport into the ship? Just an idea but maybe we could sort it out :cute:

Mikey
19 Jan 2008, 08:30am
The only thing I can say about this map is "I'll have some fail with fail on a side and fail diet. Or maybe make that epic fail. I don't need no diet."

EvInReaLife
19 Jan 2008, 09:20am
is this the one where it always crashes five minutes into the game, or am i mistaken for another map?

Alien
19 Jan 2008, 09:31am
We played today spacestation flee 5 houre.Evrytime if you restart server then you get new 40 min.

Blank
19 Jan 2008, 12:23pm
Spacestation flee is definately not my favorite, but I dont think that it needs to be removed from the rotation. Most of the complaints concerning blockers and individuals not helping the rest of the team defend could be true for any map.

There are too many secret hiding spots ct's can hide in after the ship has left

I don't mind ct's camping the vents. Their penalty is due when the spaceships leaves.

the terrorist spawn point is unfair

Bind "!ztele" to a key. As a terrrorist, you can use this command to teleport to the ct spawn at the begining of a round. Wait about 5 to 10 seconds before you use this command or you may teleport into one of the ct's while they are still buying weapons.

it lags like a bitch in the ship
The lag is only present when it matters the least, when the ship launches. What I do at this point is I try to get away from other people. Just give yourself some room and you should be fine.

We played today spacestation flee 5 houre.Evrytime if you restart server then you get new 40 min.

Voteban is a wonderful thing. My experience is that people are very unmerciful when the spawn zombie disconnects and immediatley reconnects to avoid playing as a zombie. I think the admins, if one is present, usually punish these guys as well.

Soviet
11 Feb 2008, 03:57pm
I like this map, Its medium sized, its interestingly designed, and has a nice theme. On the other hand, it is very annoying when one person decides to block everyone, other then that, I've found no problems with this map.

Widow
11 Feb 2008, 04:08pm
What does the generator on this map do?? does it blow up the Station and start the countdown ??

SOLANUM
11 Feb 2008, 04:44pm
Starts the countdown.

Sol:v_SPIN:

Suri
11 Feb 2008, 07:27pm
I like this map. I dont see a reason to take it off the server. Desu you sure do hate alot of maps. :) What maps do you like? :)

Italian Jew
11 Feb 2008, 08:16pm
He likes boat escape because of the pods and for the fact you don't have to do a damn thing if you get in one or the Heli and there is no zombies in the vehicles...

Jasper
12 Feb 2008, 10:07pm
I dont like this map either, its just too old. Desu makes some very good points, and yes, the lag IS a problem. Its easy to get glitched out or randomly get killed by the "world" for just standing there.

I'm constantly having to warn the ct's not to close the terrorist door, and most of the time i dont see who does it.

tl;dr : The map is too old, it lags, and its glitchy.

VirDeBello
13 Feb 2008, 07:47am
I love this map, the fact you can close the doors and stop the infection from spreading is the greatest part of the map. And before people say...well what if they close the doors on you huh? Well, it just makes the map twice as exciting and challenging. That means you gotta rally humans to find a way around or camp in the generator room. It gets really exciting at times on that map. I am bored of maps like boatescape where either humans win defintly or zombies win defintly. I like for there to be close calls and times where a band of humans are just holding out against tons of zombies.

Smallsasaurus
13 Feb 2008, 10:11pm
This might have been my favorite map if not for the last 30 seconds. Its a good balance of running as fast as you can and making a stand, there are enough turns for zombies to hide from fire, and a few good pinch points to hold off zombies with a small team if need be. As soon as you have to go to the escape pod though this map is just terrible. It takes about 2 minutes to get the countdown 30 seconds. Also, one douche can really ruin this map for everyone because of doors and narrow entrances, but that can happen on most maps, so its a moot point.

Design/Layout: 9.5/10
Re-playability: 8/10
Fun Factor: 6/10 (would have been a 8 or 9 with no lag)

Overall: 8/10 (not an average)
Short and sweet, and just a touch sour

Jewpiter
26 Feb 2008, 07:23am
This is just an OK map.
Problems:

Very confusing for beginners who don't know their way around.
People seem to get stuck into each other more on this map than any other.
When the space shuttle takes off
The server goes straight to Lag City and then makes a left turn to Glitchers Heaven Road and then onto Door Blocker's Village, Pop. 1.
The limited room in the hallways makes it a pain in the ass to get around if you're not in the lead.
Idiots on the CT side keep closing the blast doors on the terrorists who have to get through.
Terrorist spawn is at a noticable disadvantage to the CT spawn.
Some asshole is always standing on someone's head at the airlock to the space shuttle. This causes both of them to be unable to move thus blocking the rest of the team.

Coolness:

A well made map, completely innovative.
Nice features like hidden ducts and portals to jump through
One of the few maps that can get your heart pumping if all variables come together. Hell, I remember one time where me and Blank held off about 20 zombies by ourselves with 2 paras. I would empty my belt on a pile of zombies and around the 10 round left I would yell "Go!" into the mic and Blank would open fire while I reloaded. We did this for about 3 heart pounding minutes straight before we were overwhelmed by the zombie horde. Me and Blank both finished 1st place on CT and T side with ridiculous scores of like 51 to 1.

tl;dr- confusing map, not noob friendly, adrenaline fueled fun at some points, great map design and idea,fun in small doses, gets Jewpiter's seal of approval.

*Queen VenomousFate*
28 Feb 2008, 03:39pm
I must say that this is one of my favorite maps and it is quite well done, the only problem i find with this map is the insane lag on the excape ship, although that is common on vehicles in CSS so i dont cout it against them.

moosegod
16 Mar 2008, 04:47pm
its a good map but ppl block to much

Bill Smauz
16 Mar 2008, 05:01pm
Thats is why there are admins.

Blank
16 Mar 2008, 06:55pm
Can we change moosegods rank from "ZM Player" to "Official dead thread revivor?"

Kawaii-Desu
22 Mar 2008, 05:51am
this thread is so old ive since changed my opinion of this map

Tcp-Kill
14 Apr 2008, 10:42am
I think the map is okay,

Has alot of room for improvement.

but its okay, i think if zombie is first, your screwed. but still

LVG
17 Apr 2008, 01:44pm
Few glitches alright map overall