PDA

View Full Version : DJ Hero

Tron
1 Oct 2009, 06:10pm
did you guys hear about a new game called DJ Hero, its like guitar hero but instead of a guitar you use turntables

Sgt_Church
1 Oct 2009, 06:27pm
Sea, saw a video on it, it looks really stupid lol. Friends in school saw it too, they were saying that they are gonna make every occupation a hero. They started saying shit like *Teacher Hero* *Jesus Hero* *Plumber Hero* and other things, lol :P

Metal
1 Oct 2009, 06:56pm
um the dude who made GH is making this.

BOOWY
2 Oct 2009, 10:14pm
I had an import copy of Beatmania IIDX 6th on the PS2 but had some shitty third party controller to go with it. Controllers make/break games like these. Fortunately DJ Hero's controller is designed and manufactured by Red Octane so it's in good hands. My Guitar Hero 1 controller from November of 2005 still works great and that's a Red Octane product.

I think the biggest problem with the controller is... where the fuck do you put it? Are you really going to play DJ Hero with the turntable on your lap? Everyone who wants to seriously play it is going to have to get a sturdy surface of some kind just for the controller.

Sgt_Church
3 Oct 2009, 10:19am
Coffee Table?

Creeping Death
3 Oct 2009, 10:23am
this shoulda been canceled

BOOWY
3 Oct 2009, 07:11pm
Coffee Table?

Don't have one in my room. About the only thing I can use is where my computer keyboard sits at my desk and that's beyond awkward. Besides, how is putting it on a coffee table comfortable? If you're sitting on the couch then you're hunched over using the controller, if you kneel in front of the coffee table that's okay for awhile unless you're a professional dicksucker or get knee pads, then you're good.

Everyone has a pair of shoulders for a Guitar Hero controller. Not everyone has a comfortable surface to set the DJ Hero controller on top of. I know the special edition package of DJ Hero will come with a 'premium' controller that has a case that doubles as a stand so not all is lost, but that special edition is 80 bucks more than the regular bundle.

AustinG010
12 Oct 2009, 04:48pm
Here is the tracklist

__________________________________________________ _______

*2Pac - "All Eyez On Me" vs. The Aranbee Pop Orchestra - "Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)"
* 50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
* 50 Cent - "Disco Inferno" vs. InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life"
* Afrika Bambaataa - "Zulu Nation Throwdown" vs. Freedom Express - "Get Down"
* Beastie Boys - "Here's A Little Somethin' For Ya" vs. DJ Shadow - "The Number Song (2009 Version)" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
* Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" vs. Blondie - "Rapture"
* Beastie Boys - "Lee Majors Come Again" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk" (Produced and mixed by Cut Chemist)
* Beck - "Where It's At" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos
Def)"
* Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" Beat Juggle
* Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)
* Bell Biv DeVoe - "Poison" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"
* Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction" vs. Tiesto - "Elements Of Life"
* Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow" vs. Benny Benassi - "Satisfaction"
* Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. 2Pac - "How Do You Want It"
* Bobby "Blue" Bland - "Ain't No Love In The Heart Of The City" vs. Connie Price & The Keystones - "Fuzz And Them"
* Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
* Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. The Zombies - "Time Of The Season" (Produced and mixed by DJ Shadow)
* Chuck Brown & The Soul Searchers - "Bustin' Loose" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"
* Common - "Universal Mind Control (U.M.C.)" vs. Masta Ace - "Jeep A** Gutter (Aaron LaCrate & Debonair Samir RMX)" (Produced and mixed by
The Scratch Perverts)
* Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. Classics IV - "Spooky"
* Cypress Hill - "Insane In The Brain" vs. David Axelrod - "The Edge"
* Daft Punk - "Around The World" vs. Young MC - "Bust A Move"
* Daft Punk - "Da Funk" vs. N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip"
* Daft Punk - "Megamix 1"
* Daft Punk - "Megamix 2"
* Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Hashim - "Al Naafyish (The Soul)" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
* Daft Punk - "Robot Rock" vs. Queen - "We Will Rock You"
* Daft Punk - "Short Circuit" vs. Boogie Down Productions - "Jack Of Spades"
* Daft Punk - "Technologic" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars"
* Daft Punk - "Television Rules the Nation" vs. No Doubt - "Hella Good"
* David Axelrod - "The Edge" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President
Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. DJ Shadow - "Organ Donor (Extended Overhaul)"
* Dizzee Rascal - "Fix Up, Look Sharp" vs. Justice - "Genesis"
* DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)" vs. D-Code - "Annie's Horn"
* Eminem - "My Name Is" vs. Beck - "Loser"
* Fedde Le Grand - "Put Your Hands Up For Detroit" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"
* Foo Fighters - "Monkey Wrench" vs. Beastie Boys - "Sabotage" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
* Foreigner - "Juke Box Hero" vs. DJ Z-Trip ft. Murs - "DJ Hero" (DJ-Guitar mix, produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
* Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" vs. Mobb Deep - "Shook Ones, Pt 2" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)
* Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc." vs. Blondie - "Atomic"
* Grandmaster Flash's - "Boom" vs. "Tap" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
* Grandmaster Flash, DJ Kool, DJ Demo - "Here Comes My DJ" vs. Gary Numan - "Cars" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
* Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
* Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. InDeep "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" (Produced and mixed by DJ AM)
* Gwen Stefani - "Hollaback Girl" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"
* Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" Beat Juggle
* Herbie Hancock - "Rockit" vs. N.E.R.D. - "Lapdance" (Produced and mixed by Grandmaster Flash)
* InDeep - "Last Night A DJ Saved My Life" vs. Cameo - "Word Up!"
* Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)
* Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back" vs. Third Eye Blind - "Semi-Charmed Life"
* JAY-Z feat. Pharrell - "Change Clothes" vs. 2Pac - "All Eyez on Me"
* JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs.
Eminem - "My Name Is"
* JAY-Z - "Izzo (H.O.V.A.)" vs. Jackson 5 - "I Want You Back"
* JAY-Z - "Excuse Me Miss" vs. Rick James - "Give It To Me"
* Jean Knight - "Mr. Big Stuff" vs. Masta Ace - "Born To Roll"
* Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"
* Jurassic 5 - "Jayou" vs. Herbie Hancock - "Rockit"
* Kid Cudi - "Day 'N' Nite" vs. Black Eyed Peas - "Boom Boom Pow"
* Kool Moe Dee - "How Ya Like Me Now" vs. Reel 2 Real featuring The Mad Stuntman - "I Like To Move It"
* Little Richard - "Tutti Frutti" vs. Shlomo - "Beats" (Produced and mixed by DJ Yoda)
M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
* M.I.A. - "Paper Planes" vs. Wale - "Lookin' At Me"
* Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. David Bowie - "Let's Dance"
* Marvin Gaye - "I Heard It Through The Grapevine" vs. Gorillaz - "Feel Good Inc."
* Motorhead - "Ace Of Spades" vs. Noisia - "Groundhog" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* N.A.S.A. - "Strange Enough ft. Karen O, ODB & Fatlip" vs. Isaac Hayes - "Theme From Shaft"
* Noisia - "Groundhog" Beat Juggle (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
* Paul van Dyk - "Nothing But You" vs. Sandy Rivera and David Penn - "I Can't Stop (David Penn Remix)"
* Public Enemy - "Shut 'Em Down" vs. Beck - "Where It's At"
* Public Enemy ft. Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" vs. Justice - "Genesis" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
* Public Enemy featuring Zakk Wylde - "Bring The Noise 20XX" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Q-Tip - "Good Thang" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat" (Produced and mixed by J. Period)
* Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Beastie Boys - "Brass Monkey" (Produced and mixed by DJ Z-Trip)
* Queen - "Another One Bites The Dust" vs. Daft Punk - "Da Funk"
* Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. Kid Sister - "Control"
* Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Rihanna - "Disturbia" vs. The Trammps - "Disco Inferno"
* Shlomo - "Beats" vs. Billy Squier - "The Big Beat"
* Street Sweeper Social Club - "Fight! Smash! Win!" vs. Beastie Boys - "Intergalactic" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. DJ Shadow - "Six Days (Remix ft. Mos Def)"
* Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric B. & Rakim - "Eric B. Is President" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)
* Tears For Fears - "Shout" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
* The Aranbee Pop Orchestra -
"Bittersweet Symphony (Instrumental)" vs. LL Cool J - "Rock The Bells" (Produced and mixed by DJ Jazzy Jeff)
* The Scratch Perverts Beats and Pieces (Produced and mixed by The Scratch Perverts)
* The Killers - "Somebody Told Me" vs. Eric Prydz - "Pjanoo"
* Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. MC Hammer - "U Can't Touch This"
* Vanilla Ice - "Ice Ice Baby" vs. Paula Abdul - "Straight Up"
* Wale - "Lookin' At Me" vs. Black Eyed Peas ft. Tippa Irie - "Hey Mama"
* Weezer - "Beverly Hills" vs. Evidence, The Alchemist, Aceyalone, Rakaa & 88 Keys - "Fresh Rhymes And Videotape" (DJ-Guitar mix)
* Wild Cherry - "Play That Funky Music" vs. Gang Starr - "Just To Get A Rep" (DJ-Guitar mix)

Prozak
26 Oct 2009, 09:38am
everyone thinks this game is a joke.why are they still going to sell it there going have like 3 ppl buy it.

Dannen
1 Nov 2009, 06:37pm
I think it looks really good and I may consider purchasing it. You can also play the songs with a Guitar Hero Guitar.

CandleJack
1 Nov 2009, 07:24pm
Let me guess, they got bored of making Guitar Hero sequels and came up with this retarded shit.

Metal
1 Nov 2009, 08:11pm
have you played the game.....

i bet you haven't.

Its a good change and should give it a try

Huwajux
2 Nov 2009, 02:33pm
Let the milking begin!

Red
2 Nov 2009, 02:40pm
This game is a big gamble for the company, I have no desire to play it. And when a lot of gamers express similar sentiments that's not a good sign.

BOOWY
2 Nov 2009, 03:20pm
They're trying to garner success out of another Konami game that came out years before DJ Hero came out much like Guitar Hero and Konami's Guitar Freaks and Drum Mania. Beatmania is their game of choice. Granted DJ Hero is much more relevant to actual DJ'ing than Beatmania is. I don't think they have anything else to rip off unless they think the Para Para will take off here in North America.

Konami unfortunately knows dick about North American culture. Guitar Freaks never took off here when they location tested the first game here and Rock Revolution sucked monkey balls. Beatmania did have a North American PS2 release but I've never seen it.

Ih-WpTZcFIQ