Ze_Voldro

Total Time Spent on map to date

I keep this map when I have time ... then we can say 2 days of 7

What is my map about?

On a map that zombie escape and will take place in a volcanic environment

Completion Percentage?

30%

Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing

My plan right now is to make a map that will appeal to many people, so I count on you to give me suggestions for to be honest that my first map that I will share with you

Screenshots

Link to FPSB WIP

no link

Programs Im using

Source SDK
hammer

Map By

Firemage or FuriousDwarf

Metal
27 Sep 2009, 06:00pm
Can't wait, are you going to have a closed beta test and a open beta test?

FireMage
27 Sep 2009, 06:11pm
For now I must go seek some texture to my dishwasher and special land. But I could be tested by the SG community's will when I finish the textures and have set the blocks as it should. And for the closed beta and all the trimmings. This is when I have finished the base as the skybox, invisible, and spawn (actions included

FireMage
27 Sep 2009, 06:15pm
uhhh

uhhh how I put my
screenshots on the forum

Kaemon
27 Sep 2009, 06:52pm
uhhh

uhhh how I put my
screenshots on the forumOMG, you know how to put your spray on a Portal in the Sky, on top of a Tower, in the middle of a Maze, inside itself of another Maze... And you don't know how to add Screenshots on the Forum? :-P

BTW: I don't know; Im new on those; but I see a clip up there that says "Attachements".
On other forums that will shown automactly as Screenshots on the Post; if added as .JPG, gona try.

EDIT: Yeah, it worked. Just remenber to push "UPLOAD" after you are done searching them.

FireMage
27 Sep 2009, 07:03pm
its going to be at least 5 times in my life I'm going on a forum and I post something

Metal
27 Sep 2009, 08:46pm
USE this

*link*

Bob Loblaw
27 Sep 2009, 10:15pm
Looks sweet, but to be honest, dev textures means the mapper wasn't confident enough, or didn't care enough to use real textures. I strongly suggest making it with real textures. Good real textures make it look 10000x better. But if you SUCK with textures, and are going to use textures that don't tile correctly or anything, then stick with dev. But seriously, don't. :)

Kaemon
28 Sep 2009, 10:38am
Looks sweet, but to be honest, dev textures means the mapper wasn't confident enough, or didn't care enough to use real textures. I strongly suggest making it with real textures.I disagree.
Some people just prefer to completly split the "Brushing" and the "Texturing" as diferent mapping stages.
Also; pesonally, I think that the best way its to just draw the level with NoDraw; and texture later the visible faces; even if I usually texture (with mostly final textures) while making the brushes (but with NoDraw on every non-visible face)

Personally I just use Dev_Textures for Test Maps when showing something to someone; so he doesn't get distracted by the look or the textures themselves; isntead of the Triggers-or-Whatever Im explaining.

Stevee
28 Sep 2009, 11:46am
Are those the final textures?
I think it would be much more attractive/ and a nicer map to play on if it has nice proper Textures.

Allan
28 Sep 2009, 01:00pm
Looks like it is coming along good, cant wait to see the finished version =D. If you need help beta testing, hit me up via pm or something =)

Jazz
28 Sep 2009, 11:30pm
looks good

Bob Loblaw
28 Sep 2009, 11:58pm
I disagree.
Some people just prefer to completly split the "Brushing" and the "Texturing" as diferent mapping stages.
Also; pesonally, I think that the best way its to just draw the level with NoDraw; and texture later the visible faces; even if I usually texture (with mostly final textures) while making the brushes (but with NoDraw on every non-visible face)

Personally I just use Dev_Textures for Test Maps when showing something to someone; so he doesn't get distracted by the look or the textures themselves; isntead of the Triggers-or-Whatever Im explaining.

I don't really care if he is using them for now and texturing later, but if he keeps them it means he wasn't confident enough, or didn't care enough.
It's fine to use them to measure things (like dev blocks and dev doors and crap), but don't actually make a map using them.

XeNo
29 Sep 2009, 08:01pm
I don't really care if he is using them for now and texturing later, but if he keeps them it means he wasn't confident enough, or didn't care enough.
It's fine to use them to measure things (like dev blocks and dev doors and crap), but don't actually make a map using them.
Considering he said it will have a lava based environment and there's nothing remotely close to lava with dev textures, I'd have to say he's going to do textures after he's done with the map.

Shouldn't judge him so quickly. He seems like quite a good mapper to not use real textures.

PingPong
30 Sep 2009, 02:04pm
If you have an open beta im glad to help test it

Bob Loblaw
30 Sep 2009, 05:23pm
Considering he said it will have a lava based environment and there's nothing remotely close to lava with dev textures, I'd have to say he's going to do textures after he's done with the map.

Shouldn't judge him so quickly. He seems like quite a good mapper to not use real textures.

I wasn't judging him. I was just hoping, informing him that he should use real textures. And his dev textures look quite nice (for dev textures of course) which makes me think he actually put quite a bit of thought behind where/how he wants the dev textures to go. I (personally) wouldn't put that much effort into dev textures if I was just going to retexture later anyways. Although I do the texturing as I go so I guess it's different for me.

FireMage
30 Sep 2009, 06:16pm
I know that the Dev's texture is ugly and nodraw I use it sometimes because I often did on the 3D Camera and spawn point I remake a little better:biggrin:. And I supposedly added 2 screenshots for Spawn point and see the map in high Wireframe80008001...And no need to tell me that the map is empty is a bit normal I am for now just the walls, floor and many other ... A and I'm also a secondary road for the first step that people block others

FireMage
1 Oct 2009, 07:40pm
Today I begin to put the textures to give you a taste of this map ... for textures I have now is all I need to go further ... Soon I will send you more screenshots but this time with the textures: D

XeNo
9 Oct 2009, 08:13pm
Can't wait to see it textured man.

FireMage
10 Oct 2009, 01:14pm
Well, I almost finished the textures, for cons I'm not the Displacements: (. Here is the screenshot improved.8051

Lucid
11 Oct 2009, 10:10pm
Can't wait. We need a good zombie escape map. :yo:

Sick of paranoid, and deathstar all day long.

XeNo
12 Oct 2009, 03:03pm
Looking good, keep it up.