PDA

View Full Version : Hells Kitchen

Silentfaith
24 Sep 2009, 12:13pm
Who watches this show?

Seriously, awsome show.

Who do you think will win?

Personally, I think final two will be Kevin & Dave.
I'd like to see either of them win. Whats amazing is how Dave is working with 1 arm, and is doing better then 90% of the chefs, imagine if he had both arms?

Hamster power
24 Sep 2009, 02:45pm
i used to watch this show when i had tv. i loved it. he has other good shows on the BBC channel. The f word and kitchen nightmares. he seems a lot more relaxed on the BBC shows. i think fox makes him go crazy lol

Silentfaith
24 Sep 2009, 02:46pm
Well, you also have to realize, on the F Word, and Nightmares, those aren't his restaurants, and he isn't looking for a head chef. He is out to help those who are in the shitta.

In hells kitchen, hes looking for the best person to be a head chef as one of his restaurants, so he curses them out. Its also very entertaining ^-^

Hamster power
24 Sep 2009, 02:51pm
ya, i guess. even in the kitchen nightmares the bbc seems much more relaxed than the us ones.

i like top chef more than hells kitchen. i like to see them actually create something unique and a bit upper scale.

hells kitchen is fun for a good laugh though:)

Silentfaith
24 Sep 2009, 03:29pm
The guys on top chef, don't have as high qualifications as gordan ramsey ^-^. Ramsey has like 5 + Michelin stars

Hamster power
24 Sep 2009, 11:41pm
ya but most are just one michelin star. while still being good there are plenty of restaurants that have one star. in my experience one star isn't as great as you might think. i've had my fair share of fine dining due to the fact of growing up in napa valley area. i do think that gordon ramsay is a great chef and a great celebrity chef though.

i like top chef because they sometimes do have world renown chef or critics as judges. mainly like it cause the people have actual skill and aren't doing line cook work.

i do like the fact that there are people who do like food stuffs on this forum :)

i wanted to go culinary for a while, even got to go to the culinary institute of america for a class trip in st helena. we got to have a tour and eat some food. i stole some of the confectionaries that were out. dam good stuff. :)

Silentfaith
25 Sep 2009, 09:45am
Yeah, but Ramsey is the man ! Remember that episode where they had to make like, um Wraps or something, Gordon made it in like 20 seconds, it looked very simple, then when the chefs tried, EPIC FAIL, was ripping and falling apart. Lolol

Hamster power
25 Sep 2009, 11:52pm
hahah i think i remember that also. it seems so easy but i bet i would fail also lol.

Jazz
26 Sep 2009, 03:36am
I remember one part were Jean-Phillipe hit's his head into a glas-door, he thought there were no door. He's got some bad eyes!
I think Ralphie will win.

Silentfaith
26 Sep 2009, 08:09am
I remember one part were Jean-Phillipe hit's his head into a glas-door, he thought there were no door. He's got some bad eyes!
I think Ralphie will win.

The jean-phillipe part was funny, but who is Ralphie? None of the top 6 chefs have that name?

BOOWY
26 Sep 2009, 12:18pm
I'm rooting for Dave and I'm kind of rooting for Tennille. Tennille reminds me of the winner from last season(Danny?), much improved from when she started.

Jazz
26 Sep 2009, 03:39pm
The jean-phillipe part was funny, but who is Ralphie? None of the top 6 chefs have that name?
They show different series here in Sweden since you probably live in the US.

The American series are probably the new ones though.

Silentfaith
26 Sep 2009, 06:48pm
I'm rooting for Dave and I'm kind of rooting for Tennille. Tennille reminds me of the winner from last season(Danny?), much improved from when she started.

Tennille wont win. Reason being, she doesn't know enough about fine dining, you see her say things like that herself, she doesn't know this or that. She knows the basics. In Ramseys restaurants, he expects more.

Dave is a good choice tho :)

Lordcrazy
26 Sep 2009, 07:18pm
i might eventually watch it