PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial on Vista Desktop

DontDrunkImShoot
23 Sep 2009, 06:35pm
How to get the vista Desktop!

YOU NEED WINRAR.

Also i posted it here because Fps is popular, so people can see it. in the Tut section not lots go there

If you have a Theme and you want a vista theme for your computer, ill show you how to make your comp look VISTA LIKE!. This is not illegal. it just makes your comp seem vista. As you can see once you got it. the start button is smaller then the bar. on real vista the circle goes higher then the bar.

It works. I've done it for my friends so i thought i'd show you guys.
What it does is lets say u got Windows Xp. download what im going to give you. and once you have it you do some stuff witch ill tell you what to do. and it looks LIKE VISTA! you will have the vista desktop, when you open firefox it looks like vista.. msn.. everything. and it even changes the way when you click your start button.

This is how.

Steps
1. Go to this link. http://burnshitburn.deviantart.com/art/My-vista-like-theme-for-XP-96390890. on the left side it says Download. Click it..

2. Once you got it downloaded your winrar will pop up. with a folder Vista 360, extract that to your desktop.

3. Double click it. then it will have 2 folders. Shells and Vista 360. you want to click Vista 360. then it may or may not switch.

4. If it doesn't switch right click your desktop, go to properties. then go to appearance then go to Windows and Buttons. Find VistaVG. then go to Colour Scheme and Do Black32.

5. These are some pictures if you don't know how to get there from properties. AND pictures how it will turn out.

I will try to find you guys how to make your desktop Icons vista size. That one will be difficult though.

http://i35.tinypic.com/ke6de9.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/1eawyd.jpg

Stevee
24 Sep 2009, 11:10am
Lol why did you post it again here ?

P3rg3
24 Sep 2009, 11:41am
Nice job, DDIS.
But why would you want a Vista desktop?

August
24 Sep 2009, 02:03pm
there's also another way.. buy vista :P
just kidding.. but really, this is a good way for xp users to make their computer look like it is running vista without all of the hassles of running vista. and i know for a fact there is a program out there that will give you the sidebar to make it look even more vista-like.

Boobcake
24 Sep 2009, 02:46pm
Not wanna be an ass but this is the second time you posted in the wrong section. Anyway good tutorial! :D

DontDrunkImShoot
24 Sep 2009, 03:35pm
Not wanna be an ass but this is the second time you posted in the wrong section. Anyway good tutorial! :D

Boob.. i already said in the topic why i posted here =_= =\

Cromyth
24 Sep 2009, 04:11pm
Wrong section much?

Also i posted it here because Fps is popular, so people can see it. in the Tut section not lots go there

People go to the Tut section to see Tutorials. People don't go to the FPS section to look at tuts. And people can see it as long as people post in it by going to the "New Posts" at the top forum bar.