PDA

View Full Version : FMA

Acessed
22 Sep 2009, 10:19am
just finished watching FMA, it ends at the movie?!? :'( i know theres Brotherhood but my friend tells me thats just the manga version and so far im not liking it >.< wish i watched Brotherhood before some of the eps i've already seen lol
kinda annoying ;_;

Bullet Wound
22 Sep 2009, 01:55pm
Well brotherhood and FMA are the same anime....after like the 13th episode or something they split into manga storyline(brotherhood) and then anime-created storyline (FMA).

So you're probably not liking it cause its the same thing just repeated and condensed so .

Chaos
23 Dec 2009, 10:41am
I'm caught up with Brotherhood, it's pretty awesome. gotta love FMA in general.

SullenSky
23 Dec 2009, 01:39pm
I finished the first FMA and then I got too bored/tired of it to watch Brotherhood. The first series storyline is really good though.

gundam538
27 Dec 2009, 01:58pm
FMA is a great anime. I loved it. over all I don't think the movie was as good as the series but it was a pretty good conclusion for the series.

Kuro
28 Dec 2009, 04:44pm
fma was good on its own. But i am following the manga and watching brotherhood.

Zaraki
30 Dec 2009, 10:22am
Maybe i need to start watching this...
how long is it and is it worth to watch??

(i'm don't like anime were brothers are mechas...) xD
i watched the first eps, but it was surreal and boring

Ms. Blargh
30 Dec 2009, 10:25am
ugg I hate the anime for FMA the story in the manga is so much better.

Zaraki
30 Dec 2009, 10:43am
ugg I hate the anime for FMA the story in the manga is so much better.

I will read the manga then, you deserve a thanks Ms. Blargh :kev::rofl:
(now thank me for the "thanks" ^^)

Kuro
30 Dec 2009, 11:27pm
to mrs blargh and zaraki;

which anime? brotherhood follows the manga. in case you didnt know.

so lets put this in perspective. You know Dragonball Z anime? You know how there was filler in it? Like how most anime are when they follow or don't follow the manga. Well now there's Dragonball Kai! It's Basically the Dragonball Z story without all the filler.

so lets sum up,

Fullmetal Alchemist is to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as Dragonball Z is to Dragonball Kai.

Zaraki
31 Dec 2009, 02:00am
to mrs blargh and zaraki;

which anime? brotherhood follows the manga. in case you didnt know.

so lets put this in perspective. You know Dragonball Z anime? You know how there was filler in it? Like how most anime are when they follow or don't follow the manga. Well now there's Dragonball Kai! It's Basically the Dragonball Z story without all the filler.

so lets sum up,

Fullmetal Alchemist is to Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as Dragonball Z is to Dragonball Kai.

YEAH!!!!! i hate manga fillers :p
they just spend too much attention to the drawings and then there is a different style like in the storyline...
don't believe me??? watch bleach ^^

jmd787
19 Jan 2010, 01:17pm
The anime they are talking about is the first one where the story is completed. The brotherhood series is incomplete because the manga is incomplete so that means that most people will go to the finished one first so they don't have to wait.

Kuro
19 Jan 2010, 10:59pm
but then they wouldnt be getting the true fma story to which i would say watch them both.. plus read the manga

Zealot
9 Feb 2010, 10:18pm
I read all 104 chapters within about 3 days.

I currently started brother hood and am now 30 eps in. HOLY FUCK LOVE THIS SHIT.

Dante
9 Feb 2010, 10:40pm
I read all 104 chapters within about 3 days.

I currently started brother hood and am now 30 eps in. HOLY FUCK LOVE THIS SHIT.

you should, it's fucking sweet!

Desum
9 Feb 2010, 11:03pm
The FMA manga is my all time favorite manga... In my eyes Naruto and Bleach are pretty shitty compared to it. The original FMA anime though was god awful... just a pile of random wtf plot twists that didn't really fit in anywhere. All of the changes in the original FMA seemed force, but on the otherhand I think Brotherhood is a GREAT embodiment of the original manga. Exactly how most of us wanted it to be in animated form.

Zealot
10 Feb 2010, 11:21pm
The FMA manga is my all time favorite manga... In my eyes Naruto and Bleach are pretty shitty compared to it. The original FMA anime though was god awful... just a pile of random wtf plot twists that didn't really fit in anywhere. All of the changes in the original FMA seemed force, but on the otherhand I think Brotherhood is a GREAT embodiment of the original manga. Exactly how most of us wanted it to be in animated form.
Exactly why I skipped the first FMA. I watched actually until when the priest dies and then stopped. Brother hood is amazing and Ed's voice isn't fucking gay.

Ms. Blargh
10 Feb 2010, 11:24pm
Yah I loved the manga, im so glad i read it instead of settling for the shitty ending in the first anime. I haven't watched brotherhood yet, does it start of from the beginning of the manga? Or where the first anime deviated from the manga.

Drox
10 Feb 2010, 11:35pm
I never really got into it, I might catch a episode on AS once and awhile but never really can connect to this anime to really enjoy it. (Altho some of the story does get pretty good)