PDA

View Full Version : NO BLOCK WITH A TWIST . .

Stevee
21 Sep 2009, 03:38am
Hey .
Before you start saying
OMG NOT ANOTHER NO BLOCK THREAD .
Please , do read on .
kk, so i was on this server , and they have this no block plug in.
No block will be on for 10 seconds at the beggining of the round .
And on ur screen you will have
**NO BLOCK WILL BE DEACTIVATED IN 10 SECONDS**
**"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""9"""""""""""""**

etc etc .
This no block plug in is so that ppl can get out of spawn easy without people blocking them.
I think this will be good for the ZE server , because on some maps , its annoying when ppl just block you in spawn, cos their afk or their still buying.
So yeh , during the actual map , No block will be off .
Its just activated till people get out of spawn.
so , what do you think ?

XeNo
21 Sep 2009, 04:20am
And then soon as noblock is turned off half the server is stuck inside each other.

I LIKE THIS IDEA.

Dimitry
21 Sep 2009, 04:23am
And then soon as noblock is turned off half the server is stuck inside each other.

I LIKE THIS IDEA.

lol i can already imagine it XD

Jaffa
21 Sep 2009, 04:29am

I LIKE THIS IDEA.

I've played on servers with this mod on, and that rarely ever happens (usually they get pushed out of each other as soon as it switches o). But, seeing as this is escape, it probably would be a more regular occurence.

Stevee
21 Sep 2009, 04:32am
I've played on servers with this mod on, and that rarely ever happens (usually they get pushed out of each other as soon as it switches o). But, seeing as this is escape, it probably would be a more regular occurence.

Ye , on the server which has this mod , some people DO get stuck in eachother , however , within seconds their running normally again.

Jaffa
21 Sep 2009, 04:54am
I think i'd rather see no block fully on the maps which need/could benefit from it on escape, rather than just a 10 second thing

Metal
21 Sep 2009, 09:40am
remember how climb was with the turn ghost thing?
maybe we can have that where some might want to be solid and some might want to be ghost

Maxwelldon
26 Sep 2009, 09:41am
remember how climb was with the turn ghost thing?
maybe we can have that where some might want to be solid and some might want to be ghost

I think it's best to be full time ghost on climb maps. At least less trouble for admins and less player complaints from people that would be blocking others.

Otherwise, the 10sec delay before turning Noblock off would work on some occasions like maps with less spawn points where forced to spawn on same spots.. Other would be Napalm where people tend to use Ztele command Before anyone has moved out of spawn.

Yet, dont think it would be necessary to have it as far as I'm concerned.

Bad Dog
26 Sep 2009, 11:01am
So, it would be No-Block for just 10 seconds? What is the point of that? Are there maps where people spawn in each other? I really dont see the point other than its just somthing cool sounding that we can stick onto the server. No thanks.

Shadowex3
28 Sep 2009, 05:46pm
I think i'd rather see no block fully on the maps which need/could benefit from it on escape, rather than just a 10 second thing

If the maps are that bad that they can't be played without noblock maybe they should just be shunted to the LotR/noblock server or ditched entirely...

chaoslee12
28 Sep 2009, 05:50pm
I agree with jaffa will end up failing so no

Lucid
30 Sep 2009, 08:01pm
Where's the fun if you don't get blocked, at the beginning of the round? :blink:

In my opinion, your spawn doesn't matter TOO much. Usually there is something like an elevator, or a door that won't open until a certain time. Giving people a few seconds to catch up.

It can be frustrating at times, but it would end up with people getting stuck in each other, and it glitching occasionally.

Good idea though, but I'm not for it.

Kaemon
1 Oct 2009, 07:31am
I'm not really fan of your suggestion -=1deag=-

Also; I think you have more "blocking-problems" when the paths meet (in case of diferent spawns), or when you start to go to the narrow corridors a little ahead.
If there was a real problem with Block; I don't think its on the Spawn (at least I haven't played yet any map with that problem on SG; but also, we have some issues with the map rotation not changing a lot, XD).

I don't have a real problem with Block-ON, but I really do hate how it glitches with every single Elevator or Vehicle.

BTW, curious thing the "Ghost Button", like going No-Blocker the same way you crouch down. XD

Bill Smauz
1 Oct 2009, 08:02am
Why don't you just turn NoBlock on for all maps, seems easier.

Kaemon
1 Oct 2009, 08:31am
Why don't you just turn NoBlock on for all maps, seems easier.Because lots of people prefer BlockON; its a diferent game style.
Also some maps are claimed to be umbalanced with No-Block.

SpaZMonKeY
11 Oct 2009, 08:02am
Why don't you just turn NoBlock on for all maps, seems easier.

Ya there's tons of reasons NOT to have NoBlock on... Mainly because it can unbalance a huge amount of maps that have built in choke points, cause lag when 20+ people are all standing inside each other, etc, etc.

I don't really think there's any need to have this idea come to life. Sure it sucks when your running out of spawn and someone decides to not move, or be afk. But it happens, and that's the randomness of it. Heck, ideally every map should have everyone starting in a perfect line so nobody has a head start over anyone, but does that happen? Of course not. Nobody wants to make a map that's wide enough to line up 40+ people rofl.

TheVirus
20 Oct 2009, 02:56pm
So, it would be No-Block for just 10 seconds? What is the point of that? Are there maps where people spawn in each other? I really dont see the point other than its just somthing cool sounding that we can stick onto the server. No thanks.

No, noob, it means that after X amount of time, the server will disable No-Block in 10 seconds. It's an alert to notify people that it's being turned off.

Personally, I hate blocking and prefer all maps be no-block. When you have 40 people trying to run up a tiny ass ramp or climb boxes, it's nigh impossible to get through on time because people can't jump or two people try to go through the door at the same time. Having it be optional would be silly. What happens when a no-blocked person runs into a blocked person?

Lucid
20 Oct 2009, 03:01pm
Just learn to crouch jump well, and jump on other peoples heads.

TheVirus
20 Oct 2009, 03:52pm
Just learn to crouch jump well, and jump on other peoples heads.

Tell that to the idiots in front of me that can't, thus causing a traffic jam.

Elleon
26 Oct 2009, 05:45am
Virus, I tend to see a lot of generalized statements from you but never any real specific examples or occurences.

Maybe you just have bad luck or something, because aside my first week of being new to the concept of an Escape map, the years I have been playing on escape have been without having one problem after another as you yourself seem to be experiencing.

************************************************** ***********************************

ATIX 10 Seconds: The majority of players are either on the ledge jumping to the platform, or half are jumping to the ladder at the same time. Half of the map is contructed out of tight corridors, ladders, and hallways.

Boat Escape 10 Seconds: Players have either entered the boats or chopper, running on bridges for crossing, or have all bunched up in one single spot to get to the pods.

Black Mesa 10 Seconds: Players are bunched up in a tram, are standing on a moving bridge, or are running through cafe.

Rooftop Runnaway 10 Seconds: Jumping from one roof to another, climbing ladders, trying to climb over boxes.

Licciana 10 Seconds: Players are either running through traps filled corridors and about to climb ladders.

Sorrento 10 Seconds: Players are climbing up a single ladder, going underground in a tiny tunnel, jumping from a roof top.

I AM LEGEND 10 Seconds: Running through tiny hallways, riding a vehicles, taking the stairs, filing into a small bedroom, jumping over a badly made balcony.

Island Escape 10 Seconds: Jumping over obstacles, runnin between closing doors, dodging traps, jumping over traps, squeezing through tight spaces and a cave.

Elevator Escape 10 Seconds: Stuck in an elevator.

Jurrassic Park 10 Seconds: Going through a timed closing doors, running along a small plank.

Lost World Redux 10 Seconds: Inside an airplane, running to a single climb ladder, dodging a shark.

Lost World 10 Seconds: Inside an airplane, dodging a shark.

Space Station 10 Seconds: Hallways, teleport, jumping over boxes, running under doors.

Titanic 10 Seconds: Jumping over obstacles, running through a small corridor, swimming under water in a tight corridor, limbing a ladder into a vent, vents, elevators, dodging closing doors.

Italy 10 Seconds: Jumping over boxes, shooting doors, climbing ladders possibly.

Panic 10 Seconds: Stuck in crawl spaces, in small rooms, cading, running up staiways and trying trying to jump on top of each other.

************************************************** ***********************************

Tired and forgot others, but i think that is a descent rough estimate of where people are located after 10 seconds.

After these 10 seconds, we will go back into block mode and anyone who is stuck in each other will be bumped out of one another? I know it won't be like getting hit by a shotgun, but with these maps, I can definentally see a problem.

Virus was complaining about traffic jams ealier; this would probably be your best bet for creating unnecesarry ones.

By the way, that is the majority of our map list.

Stevee
26 Oct 2009, 01:00pm
Virus, I tend to see a lot of generalized statements from you but never any real specific examples or occurences.

Maybe you just have bad luck or something, because aside my first week of being new to the concept of an Escape map, the years I have been playing on escape have been without having one problem after another as you yourself seem to be experiencing.

ATIX 10 Seconds: The majority of players are either on the ledge jumping to the platform, or half are jumping to the ladder at the same time. Half of the map is contructed out of tight corridors, ladders, and hallways.

Boat Escape 10 Seconds: Players have either entered the boats or chopper, running on bridges for crossing, or have all bunched up in one single spot to get to the pods.

Black Mesa 10 Seconds: Players are bunched up in a tram, are standing on a moving bridge, or are running through cafe.

Rooftop Runnaway 10 Seconds: Jumping from one roof to another, climbing ladders, trying to climb over boxes.

Licciana 10 Seconds: Players are either running through traps filled corridors and about to climb ladders.

Sorrento 10 Seconds: Players are climbing up a single ladder, going underground in a tiny tunnel, jumping from a roof top.

I AM LEGEND 10 Seconds: Running through tiny hallways, riding a vehicles, taking the stairs, filing into a small bedroom, jumping over a badly made balcony.

Island Escape 10 Seconds: Jumping over obstacles, runnin between closing doors, dodging traps, jumping over traps, squeezing through tight spaces and a cave.

Elevator Escape 10 Seconds: Stuck in an elevator.

Jurrassic Park 10 Seconds: Going through a timed closing doors, running along a small plank.

Lost World Redux 10 Seconds: Inside an airplane, running to a single climb ladder, dodging a shark.

Lost World 10 Seconds: Inside an airplane, dodging a shark.

Space Station 10 Seconds: Hallways, teleport, jumping over boxes, running under doors.

Titanic 10 Seconds: Jumping over obstacles, running through a small corridor, swimming under water in a tight corridor, limbing a ladder into a vent, vents, elevators, dodging closing doors.

Italy 10 Seconds: Jumping over boxes, shooting doors, climbing ladders possibly.

Panic 10 Seconds: Stuck in crawl spaces, in small rooms, cading, running up staiways and trying trying to jump on top of each other.

Tired and forgot others, but i think that is a descent rough estimate of where people are located after 10 seconds.

After these 10 seconds, we will go back into block mode and anyone who is stuck in each other will be bumped out of one another? I know it won't be like getting hit by a shotgun, but with these maps, I can definentally see a problem.

Virus was complaining about traffic jams ealier; this would probably be your best bet for creating unnecesarry ones.

By the way, that is the majority of our map list.

Well , It was a bump, but a usefull one.
I totally agree with you .
Ofcourse . .
I think it would help ..

Elleon
26 Oct 2009, 03:53pm
Well , It was a bump, but a usefull one.
I totally agree with you .
Ofcourse . .
I think it would help ..

It wasn't a bump considering people were continuing to post before me. Since no one was really giving any examples, atleast one should be made in order to make this even sound relevant.

I am not really following you 1deag. You agree with me but you also think this 10 second no-block thing would help? Seems like those two statements contradict one another if you are just going to leave it at that.