PDA

View Full Version : NFL - Week 1

Determined2Win
15 Sep 2009, 03:40pm
As you can assume if you were a spectator to last nights game, or even an ESPN addict, you will know I'm in awe from last nights Bills game. With about 5 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, we were up 24-13 following a touchdown by Fred Jackson. As a Bills fan, you can never ever ever say "Oh, we've got this in the bag," simply because we never do. Our team seems to always lose it's confidence, focus, and adrenaline if they hit a double digit lead with a short amount of time remaining. So basically, to prove this point, in 76 seconds the patriots managed to rack up 2 touchdowns, however neither one of their 2 point attempts were successful. Needless to say even though we were only down by 1, we choked and only got it to our 40 yard line on the following drive. At this point, I couldn't give two shits if the Bills were permanently moved to Toronto.

But enough about my Bills sucking and Dick Jauron acting like he hasn't seen us choke before, moving on to other games.

San Francisco beat defending NFC Champs, the Cardinals. ( 20 - 16 )

Detroit's defense was hit by the Drew Brees freight train and his 6 TD passes. ( 45 - 27 )

San Diego got a scare from the Raiders last night on MNF, but managed to rack up a game winning touchdown with 2:16 left in the game. ( 24 - 20 )

And lastly, the unbelievable bobbled ball catch by the Bronco's wide-out Brandon Stokley with just over 20 seconds remaining.

That about wraps it up for week 1, be sure to check back next week for week 2 and Stokley's catch below.

Stokley's catch seen here

_CWDULy1y98

TheTruth
15 Sep 2009, 03:44pm
As you can assume if you were a spectator to last nights game, or even an ESPN addict, you will know I'm in awe from last nights Bills game. With about 5 minutes remaining in the 4th quarter, we were up 24-13 following a touchdown by Fred Jackson. As a Bills fan, you can never ever ever say "Oh, we've got this in the bag," simply because we never do. Our team seems to always lose it's confidence, focus, and adrenaline if they hit a double digit lead with a short amount of time remaining. So basically, to prove this point, in 76 seconds the patriots managed to rack up 2 touchdowns, however neither one of their 2 point attempts were successful. Needless to say even though we were only down by 1, we choked and only got it to our 40 yard line on the following drive. At this point, I couldn't give two shits if the Bills were permanently moved to Toronto.

J43GiH4Y8F4

That's the highlights of this game.
(Patriots are in red and Bills are white and blue (alternate uniforms))
I stopped watching it at the end of the 4th quarter and came down 2 minutes before the fumble :)
Go Pats :)

Movement
15 Sep 2009, 03:51pm
there is always an amazing catch or run every year in the NFL, but when its at the super bowl it is more exciting

raven maniac
15 Sep 2009, 04:09pm
Ravens won woot woot, the Chiefs actually put up a good fight I didn't expect to see them put up that many points.

GrayFox
15 Sep 2009, 05:03pm
Not gonna lie, the first half of the Pats/Bills game had me scared. If the Bills didn't screw up so many times we probably would have lost. The patriots traded away their defense and now they are paying for it. Offense looked good once the second half began and they got into the swing of things.

Italian Jew
15 Sep 2009, 07:16pm
San Francisco beat defending Superbowl Champs, the Cardinals. ( 20 - 16 )

lolwut?

I think you mean NFC Champs because the Steelers beat them in the Superbowl.

That queef who decided to take the ball out of the endzone cost the Bills the game. Pats got lucky (which is a shock to say) and the Bills probably just shot themselves in the foot for the rest of the season for missing out on a HUGE win at New England. Raiders fucked up too on Monday Night, but nobody cares about the AFC West.

Harbor
15 Sep 2009, 09:16pm
PACKERSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSss

There Defense is undenaible 4 interceptions? And Cutla rushed his throws every down.

Jewpiter
16 Sep 2009, 06:24am
Breaks my heart to see the Billies lose like that.

Ngo
16 Sep 2009, 07:39am
HELL YEAH GO PATRIOTS!

Determined2Win
16 Sep 2009, 12:11pm
lolwut?

I think you mean NFC Champs because the Steelers beat them in the Superbowl.

That queef who decided to take the ball out of the endzone cost the Bills the game. Pats got lucky (which is a shock to say) and the Bills probably just shot themselves in the foot for the rest of the season for missing out on a HUGE win at New England. Raiders fucked up too on Monday Night, but nobody cares about the AFC West.

Good call, I misspoke.

And yes, Leodis is a giant queef, 2 fumbles that game costing us the win.

The Baltimore Ravens
16 Sep 2009, 12:37pm
Ravens won, and that guy who lost the game for buffalo is what i like to call a epic fail

Flash_whAt.?
23 Sep 2009, 06:36pm
yes that was upsetting...i cant believe Bills lost that..Patriots should really be 0-2

TheTruth
23 Sep 2009, 06:37pm
yes that was upsetting...i cant believe Bills lost that..Patriots should really be 0-2

Naaaa. Not realllly.

Gundude54
23 Sep 2009, 08:31pm
49ers is my team