View Full Version : [Rejected] Deathrun_Marioworld_Final request

Krazy
12 Sep 2009, 09:33pm
Map Suggestion

Full map name
Deathrun_Marioworld_Final Type of map
Deathrun Link to map download
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/94323 Additional Information
I was searching through fpsbanana for some new deathrun maps and i came across this map.This map was made by TopHATTwaffle who has several of his other maps on the server already. (Deathrun_cartoons , Deathrun_PirateShips , Deathrun_Recon , Deathrun_Dust) I tested the map before i submitted this and i think it is a really good map. The map features a lot of mario themed traps such as goomba's attacking you, piranha plants popping up, and turtle shells being shot at you. The map really captures the feel of a mario game as you progress through it. You start out in the plains area of the map and after a few traps you go into a warp tube to the next phase. In this phase you are in an underground section of the map. The map continues like this through a total of 5 phases (Plains, Underground, Mushroom Tops, Castle, and Flag Finale) There was only 1 problem i had with the map though and that was that if there is no Terrorist on the map when the round begins, the ct's can not make it past the 3rd trap b/c it is permanently spawned. Screenshots attached
No

Mystique
13 Sep 2009, 03:58am
This map already has been on our servers. Maybe Jaffa knows why it was removed.

MPQC
13 Sep 2009, 05:02am
Didn't it break the physics?

Stevee
13 Sep 2009, 08:00am
Thank God It Got removed.
I despised it greatly

Jaffa
13 Sep 2009, 08:03am
It broke the server physics. With the recent fixing of physics on lotr maps, i'll see if i can find out from our TAs if its possible to do this for deathrun as well

Krazy
13 Sep 2009, 08:13am
well sorry about that then. I checked the removed maps list before i posted this and didnt see it, i must have missed it.

Jaffa
14 Sep 2009, 08:48am
Rejected.

After talking with TCP, we can't apply the physics fix,which was used on our escape servers, to deathrun because it is likely to screw up some of the traps.