PDA

View Full Version : Valve Plans More Left 4 Dead Content Post 'Crash Course'

Tyler
12 Sep 2009, 07:49am
http://kotaku.com/5357708/valve-plans-more-left-4-dead-content-post-crash-course

"According to the leaders of the Left 4 Dead 2 boycott—who recently enjoyed a trip to Valve—there's more downloadable content already in the works for the original Left 4 Dead, stuff beyond the already announced "Crash Course" episode.

According to on and off Left 4 Dead fan Walking_Target, Valve is planning something for release for the original, but wouldn't specify exactly what that was. It could be "a new Special Infected, a new Campaign or new Weapon(s)." Vague enough for you? "It's definitely one of the three, perhaps more," he writes, if that helps.

Walking_Target also indicates that Valve has plans to address some of the issues that plague the original, like stacking and camping in corners. Should Valve find a way to introduce one or more of Left 4 Dead 2's Special Infected—all seemingly designed to break up tightly guarded groups—that would certainly introduce a new dynamic to the game.

With "Crash Course" planned for a September release and Left 4 Dead 2 for November, we'd be surprised if the developer can sneak in more content for the original this year, especially when factoring in Valve Time. But they've surprised us before..."

I wonder what it is...?

Xarshi
12 Sep 2009, 09:00am
They really just need to release the source sdk for left 4 dead. I guarantee I could make better stuff than valve is putting into l4d2 if they did that.

Tfrag
12 Sep 2009, 09:07am
i heard about this.i also heard that members of the boycott are going against the leaders calling them puppets

Target
12 Sep 2009, 09:40am
I actually heard somewhere that the original was a beta/test for the sequel

BOOWY
12 Sep 2009, 10:25am
It can't be a new weapon, humans have it easy enough. It's impossible to beat a human team no matter how good you are playing infected if they're good enough. I'm thinking new infected, and I say this because a recent interview or preview that I remember reading said that Valve had one special infected that may or may not make it to L4D2. They might either take that one and stick it in L4D or they might use one of the various others that came up on the drawing board for L4D2.

Too little too late regardless on updating the original game.