View Full Version : [Rejected] deathrun_sonic_final request

SoulKeeper
8 Sep 2009, 05:29pm
Map Suggestion

Full map name
deathrun_sonic_final Type of map
Deathrun Link to map download
http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/97140 Additional Information
At the "Tails" part, the first trap can be spammed constantly and instantly. As you're allowed to button spam without any punishment, I find it fit for this map to be removed.
On several occasions people have spammed the trap suggesting "It's not against the rules ^____^" - Which, it sure as hell should be. Screenshots attached
No

Mystique
9 Sep 2009, 04:23am
uhmm didnt we already have this map? it might be taken off tho

Ms. Blargh
9 Sep 2009, 04:31am
Yah Its on right now. He wants it removed because the part in the map that people spam which makes it hard for everyone but the skilled to pass.

Jaffa
9 Sep 2009, 04:33am
I think its a removal request using the suggestion form.

I personally don't want to rmeove this map, its fun and nicely textured. The tails trap isn't that hard, you just need patience with it, think of the traps on dr_rameses, they are all spammable, just reuires a bit of skill to beat them. If you don't want to try and beat the trap, simply wait for someone to beat it, it seems a regular tactic for sac traps, might as well use it for skill traps as well

As to spamming traps being made illegal on our servers, i would not want to see this done either, many traps are made to be spammable, most traps have a long respawn timer on them. The maps which don't have a long respawn timer on traps, making certain traps unbeatable, have already been removed or updated to fix this. Lego_world might be removed shortly, as one of the traps respawns too quickly

Tfrag
9 Sep 2009, 05:17am
i like this map very much. like jeffa said the textures are relly nice for the map. the map maybe hard but im a sonic fan and i enjoy looking around the map. i say keep it

Mystique
9 Sep 2009, 05:32am
Oh my bad.. I misread it.. But i dont like to see the map removed also..

SoulKeeper
9 Sep 2009, 04:54pm
I think its a removal request using the suggestion form.

I personally don't want to rmeove this map, its fun and nicely textured. The tails trap isn't that hard, you just need patience with it, think of the traps on dr_rameses, they are all spammable, just reuires a bit of skill to beat them. If you don't want to try and beat the trap, simply wait for someone to beat it, it seems a regular tactic for sac traps, might as well use it for skill traps as well

As to spamming traps being made illegal on our servers, i would not want to see this done either, many traps are made to be spammable, most traps have a long respawn timer on them. The maps which don't have a long respawn timer on traps, making certain traps unbeatable, have already been removed or updated to fix this. Lego_world might be removed shortly, as one of the traps respawns too quickly

Yes, I agree. It's an overall excellent map, just the majority of the traps can be spammed beyond questionably.

Yah Its on right now. He wants it removed because the part in the map that people spam which makes it hard for everyone but the skilled to pass.

Please, explain how it takes skill to pass a spammed trap?

I want a video of someone passing the entire trap while it's being spammed. There's a difference between LUCK and SKILL.
You jump, they spam the button. You die.
You jump, they spam the button, you DON'T die. That's luck.
If you still hit the block, you can still glitch off.

I have a demo of that specific trap wiping out an entire team.
(And an ADMIN is spamming it.)

The part where you have to jump through the hoop, that may also be spammed. It's spammed beyond "LOL PERA LAZ0R ^____^" - there's no pauses for it, and, it was spammed by another admin.

(Please move this thread to the correct forum, I saw "Map Suggestions/Removals" - and I thought this was the correct forum.)

MPQC
9 Sep 2009, 04:58pm
If I ever get around to joining deathrun, I'll beat it several rounds in a row, in which you can feel free to demo me.

I find that trap pretty easy. Instead of just jumping to the side, jump to the middle. If the person's spamming, the platforms never going to stay still, it makes it easy.

And about the hoop, you can just strafe around it easily. lol.

SoulKeeper
9 Sep 2009, 05:03pm
If I ever get around to joining deathrun, I'll beat it several rounds in a row, in which you can feel free to demo me.

I find that trap pretty easy. Instead of just jumping to the side, jump to the middle. If the person's spamming, the platforms never going to stay still, it makes it easy.

And about the hoop, you can just strafe around it easily. lol.

Can you demo yourself, because it sounds like you're awful full of yourself. That's more luck than skill as well.

No offense. ily.

MPQC
9 Sep 2009, 06:44pm
Indeed, I can demo myself, and I hope you enjoy the demo. I invited DontDrunkImShoot, to spam the buttons just while I'm near, so the people don't get all pissed off. (Because we all know that part is absolutely true, xD.)

In the demo, I do the trap while being spammed 4 times in a row, and strafe the ring once (I kept dieing on the hearts ;().

So I repeat myself, it's an easy trap. The ring trap, also, is an easy trap.

SoulKeeper
9 Sep 2009, 06:57pm
Indeed, I can demo myself, and I hope you enjoy the demo. I invited DontDrunkImShoot, to spam the buttons just while I'm near, so the people don't get all pissed off. (Because we all know that part is absolutely true, xD.)

In the demo, I do the trap while being spammed 4 times in a row, and strafe the ring once (I kept dieing on the hearts ;().

So I repeat myself, it's an easy trap. The ring trap, also, is an easy trap.

Ok, so you've proven you can do it. The vast majority of DR players cannot.
The server will empty pretty quick if everyone dies on that trap, and has to wait for you to continue for some while.

Jaffa
10 Sep 2009, 02:53am
Actually sonic has been on for about 3 months now and has always managed to gain players.

Stevee
10 Sep 2009, 05:57am
I think Its a really cool ,and nicely , colorful textured map.
Its attractive and the traps are fun . .
As for the button spammers , they can be stopped immediately by admins ..

SoulKeeper
10 Sep 2009, 01:16pm
I think Its a really cool ,and nicely , colorful textured map.
Its attractive and the traps are fun . .
As for the button spammers , they can be stopped immediately by admins ..

Not the case. There's no standing rule that says you cannot spam traps.
The instance when I posted this was a case of an admin spamming the traps, saying it's perfectly fine as there's no rule against it.

But I agree, it's an excellent map. Someone just needs to remove the ability to spam the traps in this certain map.

Jaffa
10 Sep 2009, 06:09pm
Please read and comment in this thread regarding button spamming in the servers

http://www.steamgamers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24876

Mystique
12 Sep 2009, 02:49am
Ok, this seems like a hard one to choose either to remove or keep the map.

I'm gonna add a poll to see what people actually want.

Krazy
12 Sep 2009, 08:42pm
Personally i like this map and i found that if you tell people not to spam the button when they are doing it, they will stop

Paul
13 Sep 2009, 08:41am
Majority say keep the map.

Rejected.