Dracula
5 Sep 2009, 06:53pm
www.google.com

Krazy
5 Sep 2009, 07:03pm
lol thanks for your help Dracula

Bob Loblaw
6 Sep 2009, 12:25pm
Make the custom texture in gimp or ps or whatever you want. Save it as (I do PNG because it holds alpha layer). Then Open up VTFEdit and import it. Click off auto create vmt in the options tab. Then just save it to the materials folder in cstrike I believe. If you want it to have some parts transparent you have to open up the vmt and add "$translucent" 1 the line before the ending }'s.

Close+reopen hammer and the custom textures will be there. But you need to pakrat them into the map in order for others to see them.

Gundude54
18 Sep 2009, 10:07pm
this guy taught me how

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbEGj8kCLx4&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCwLLcyp_ZA&feature=channel

Kaemon
27 Sep 2009, 07:04am
1º - Download VTFEdit.

2º - Learn that Source Textures need to have some specific dimentions: The most commons are 128x128, 256x256 and 512x512. I think that for normal textures 1.024x1.024 is the maximum; at least I won't recomend bigger ones.

3º - Learn that Source Textures needs two archives for working: a "VTF" and a "VMT".
The VTF its the texture itself; the VMT its an archieve that tells the VTF what kind of texture it is and what his behaviour should be (if he has reflections, if he is scrolling to one side, if its metalic or wood, and a big ETC)

4º - After learning 3º, go to VTFEdit > Options > Auto Create VMT File.
This will create a basic VMT file for your new textures (VTF); I won't advice you creating your own VMFs, at least for the moment.

5º - After knowing all of this; use your favourite program (Paint, PhotoShop, others...) to create your own texture (or modify something you found on internet, remenber to make its size 256x256, 512x512 or similars) and then you can copy it on VTFEdit (or open it on VTFEdit); and save it (with the Auto Create VMT File activated).
That will save the texture (as two files, since will Auto Create the VMT File for you, a basic without info one) that you will have to place on your Materials Folder (I advice to create a new Folder on that one, with your own textures).

6º - If you had Hammer open while doing all this; you will probably have to close it and open it again in order for it to detect the new textures on his Materials Folder.

7º - When your map is complete, you will need another program (Pakrat) for including your custom textures into the .bsp file; so people don't see instead Pink-Black-Squares (Valve's default texture for a missing texture).

8º - Take in mind that I'm not an expert on creating new textures; but I think I'm pretty right with all this info.