PDA

View Full Version : [Removed] zm_arctic_escape_v1 removal

Jazz
4 Sep 2009, 02:52pm
Map Removal

Full map name
zm_arctic_escape_v1 Type of map
Zombie Escape Why should we remove it
Well since I played it today a few hours ago. I spent almost 20 mins on this map analyzing it.

Reason 1: Humans wins very often.

Reason 2: The map is too long. (For people that get left behind without lifts.)

Reason 3: It never gets nominate for rtv (As far as i've noticed), just changes the nextmap after boatescape_5.

Reason 4: If one human manages to take the elevator lift from the very begginning, it gets really boring to climp on that fence thing.

Reason 5: Some humans will manage to take the fast boats to come to the end of the map faster but with plenty of other humans left behind. And you'll have to "swim" your way to get further. And that is really fucking boring. Especially with the boats at the end of the map that takes you to the safe zone. You have to swim for approx 40 seks...

Reason 5: I've seen several people leave on that map.

Reason 6: There is a very possible chance that you can die from the first elevator by glitching off from it. When you die, you have to spectate the rest of the round which I found very boring because I got glitched off from the elevator without people on my head. Then I got to sit, and watch for 4mins...

EDIT: This is just what I think of the map. I respect other peoples thoughts.

Lefty
4 Sep 2009, 03:40pm
Reason 4: If one human manages to take the elevator lift from the very begginning, it gets really boring to climp on that fence thing.
True bout that people are greedy these days :(
Support for removal

andre1028
4 Sep 2009, 04:40pm
I support the removal. I won't be missing this map at all.

Alpha2
4 Sep 2009, 11:43pm
Most hated map as far as I know, no one ever seems to want to play it.

BOOWY
5 Sep 2009, 02:36am
I like the map but I don't play on the escape server very often so I shouldn't be counted. You can go faster than the elevator if you know how to climb the walls the right way(but let's be realistic, most people suck or don't care about getting familiar with nuances like that). I don't buy the point about it being boring to climb... how do you find standing there doing nothing(which is what you're doing on an elevator) to be more fun than climbing something which actually involves you moving your mouse and hitting keys? I guess it might not fun if it's difficult for you but it's really not that hard.

Walking is just as fast as taking the first set of boats if not faster. I'll give you the lifts unless you know how to b-hop on the downward slope, but even then you'd still be slower I think. The second set of boats are super important and the last time I've played arctic, people hold them. I don't know if it's still like that though, every time I've popped into the escape server as of late, there's always some asshattery going on.

I'll give you the dieing by glitching, only because it's at the very beginning of the round and that makes you sit out for a few minutes just watching other people. People leaving is what happens when you guys aren't playing the elite few maps on the server. It's the same shit that happens on the minigames server when it's not playing the 5 or 6 maps that people like out of the 50 maps or so that the server has. It's the same shit that happens when the regular CSS server isn't playing dust2.

The map being human sided is kind of moot because there are maps that are worse on the server... ATIX_helicopter for example, it's damn near impossible for the human team to lose.

What I don't understand is that if people hate it so much, why isn't it rtv'd? I was on the escape server earlier today and we played elevator escape for all of about 10 minutes before it was rtv'd off for something else.

Jazz
5 Sep 2009, 02:47am
I like the map but I don't play on the escape server very often so I shouldn't be counted. You can go faster than the elevator if you know how to climb the walls the right way(but let's be realistic, most people suck or don't care about getting familiar with nuances like that). I don't buy the point about it being boring to climb... how do you find standing there doing nothing(which is what you're doing on an elevator) to be more fun than climbing something which actually involves you moving your mouse and hitting keys? I guess it might not fun if it's difficult for you but it's really not that hard.

Walking is just as fast as taking the first set of boats if not faster. I'll give you the lifts unless you know how to b-hop on the downward slope, but even then you'd still be slower I think. The second set of boats are super important and the last time I've played arctic, people hold them. I don't know if it's still like that though, every time I've popped into the escape server as of late, there's always some asshattery going on.

I'll give you the dieing by glitching, only because it's at the very beginning of the round and that makes you sit out for a few minutes just watching other people. People leaving is what happens when you guys aren't playing the elite few maps on the server. It's the same shit that happens on the minigames server when it's not playing the 5 or 6 maps that people like out of the 50 maps or so that the server has. It's the same shit that happens when the regular CSS server isn't playing dust2.

The map being human sided is kind of moot because there are maps that are worse on the server... ATIX_helicopter for example, it's damn near impossible for the human team to lose.

What I don't understand is that if people hate it so much, why isn't it rtv'd? I was on the escape server earlier today and we played elevator escape for all of about 10 minutes before it was rtv'd off for something else.

Most of the time they just leave with 5 people on a lift/boat. Most of the people here play escape probably because they don't know how to b-hop. Then just run through the whole map...

ATIX is a fun map because it's short and you can shoot the zombie easily. There is much entartainment in ATIX because it's small. Sometimes Zombies do win agains't the humans. They knife the humans in the chopper from the roof. And as I said earlier artic is too long and you barely see a zombie.

People leave the server because when they die, they have to sit and spectate for 5 minutes, which isn't fun.
Also because of the map.
As you can see the majority of people that has posted here wants this map removed.

There aren't much vet's on Escape. 10 People may not even know what rtv is. The ones that doesn't rtv, I think is because they're the ones that takes all the lifts and boats so they reach the end spot by themselves.

Oh and another thing. If humans to manage to get on that top room they just make an impossible cade for the zombies to get through.

Bob Loblaw
5 Sep 2009, 03:21am
This map isn't THAT bad. It's pretty bad, but I mean, I would rather play a pretty crappy map a bit to add diversity, rather than play slightly better but still crap maps more often.

JoniX
5 Sep 2009, 04:48am
One of my favourite maps! Dont remove, if i sometimes play ZE i want to play this map.

Jazz
5 Sep 2009, 07:07am
One of my favourite maps! Dont remove, if i sometimes play ZE i want to play this map.

Anything specific?

JoniX
5 Sep 2009, 02:14pm
Just trying to say that this map is good enough to keep it on the map list

Jazz
6 Sep 2009, 01:48am
Just trying to say that this map is good enough to keep it on the map list

What makes it good? / What good features does it have?

JoniX
6 Sep 2009, 09:09am
I just like the layout and arctic theme. Both teams have good changes to win(depents on your skill)
Its fun when you have good/fun people playing it.
But i just like it and i cant really say why its good.
Still its better than most escape maps.

Acessed
6 Sep 2009, 11:56am
I kind of like this map for most of the reasons jonix has mentoined and honestly i just think it depends on the amount of teamwork used on who wins in this map, well at least when i've played it has seemed like that
The only thing i think i could agree with you on jazz is that its a pretty long map

Paul
7 Sep 2009, 09:20am
Im in favour of removing this map, its pretty bad and the ending if poor.

Anyone else in favour or oppose this?

Tcp-Kill
7 Sep 2009, 10:03am
Yeah removed, i think the maps fun but drowns out a bit long and the ending is hard and poor.

(Paula actually removed it btw.)