PDA

View Full Version : [Removed] ze_turokbase_v4 removal

andre1028
3 Sep 2009, 04:04pm
Map Removal

Full map name
ze_turokbase_v4 Type of map
Zombie Escape Why should we remove it
Sucks donkey dick. Improbable to win. That is all.

NLS CEL
3 Sep 2009, 06:28pm
I find that hard to believe, and no one has even listed a singal reason. Im just curious since any problem "can be fixed" if i know whats wrong

tinkerbell
4 Sep 2009, 08:48am
andre, you need to expand on your reason please

andre1028
4 Sep 2009, 11:26am
Well there's not much to be said that hasn't been. The bridge at start is always shot down for no apparent reason. When zombies spawn they usually make it to the boxes first and humans smart enough to evade them are faced with an extremely long journey, hard to contain choke points, and a crappy ending + ending chokepoint. Literary if enough humans can make it to the end they're faced with a choke point where four to six zombies can push SIDE TO SIDE.

NLS CEL
4 Sep 2009, 11:49am
"The bridge at start is always shot down for no apparent reason"

the bridge is breakable if it too much a hassle of people destroying the bridge then ill make a fix. easly solved.

"with an extremely long journey"

wow, i know you didnt play this verison at all, this map can be beaten in 4 mins and thats playing it bymyself with no help to break barricades and etc. The map your thinking of is verison 2a. this issue has already been delt with.

" When zombies spawn they usually make it to the boxes first"

you do realize there are 2 other ways to go other than the boxes right?
plus the zombies getting there first is pure luck.

"hard to contain choke points, and a crappy ending + ending chokepoint. Literary if enough humans can make it to the end they're faced with a choke point where four to six zombies can push SIDE TO SIDE. "
map has been changed so you dont even really spend anytime at cokepoints. i can think of maybe 1 point at the lift where i could change it slighty. As for the ending the ending now happens in the control room and competely changed. Honestly your talking about a map older verison of the map that doesnt apply anymore.

Another thing i haven't really seen anyone play this map on the sever and for the 1 time we did, a few admins and people changed the map before even half the players were done downloading it without even trying it once.

andre1028
4 Sep 2009, 12:03pm
Making the bridge indestructible will obviously make it harder for humans and easier for zombies because they could all storm it and take box room easily.

I exaggerated on the long journey. I should of said difficult to survive journey with the small amount of humans that are usually left. Usually when I play zombies do spawn in or near box room and they usually kill all the humans. Those fast enough are faced with a far too long run against far too close zombies. The breakable fences though may be easy to break but that also makes it easier for zombies to catch up.

Choke points are tram, middle boxes, and ending. Tram hold off is way too wide, plus when zombies push and if humans make it on the tram when it's moving down zombies just easily jump on the tram. Middle boxes can be climbed over making it just as a hassle as spawn box room. Ending like I said where there is the blue shield zombies can stack side to side 6x2 easily, it's equivalent to having a bunch of boxes side by side. Even when zombies push and you're given a chance to run away I look at the backup ending and I usually say "WTF is this?"

Most people don't play this map because of what they see. Though you may be right that it's good but not enough people are encouraged to play it, it gives you that this is going to be a shit map feeling like nomostrome escape does.

And NO. I am not talking about 2a. I'm talking about v4, that's why I listed it on the name. I'm not that type of dumbass you assume me to be.

NLS CEL
4 Sep 2009, 01:11pm
"Making the bridge indestructible will obviously make it harder for humans and easier for zombies because they could all storm it and take box room easily."

i make the bridge break when zombies touch it and for no other reason.

"I exaggerated on the long journey. I should of said difficult to survive journey with the small amount of humans that are usually left. Usually when I play zombies do spawn in or near box room and they usually kill all the humans. Those fast enough are faced with a far too long run against far too close zombies. The breakable fences though may be easy to break but that also makes it easier for zombies to catch up."

There are several points in the main path that you can cut the zombies off, the first door that opens can be closed to give the humans plently of time, the box that many people climb onto (instead of using the catwalk) breaks if zombies touch it so they have to go to the catwalk , giving humans more time. and the zombies have to run around the topside area when the plunger is pressed. Now by tram i'm guessing you mean the "lift" , that area is a little too wide and i can easly redo that area in a few minutes to make it easier to defend. (not that you will need to defend it for more than 10 or so seconds.)

Choke points are tram, middle boxes, and ending. Tram hold off is way too wide, plus when zombies push and if humans make it on the tram when it's moving down zombies just easily jump on the tram. Middle boxes can be climbed over making it just as a hassle as spawn box room. Ending like I said where there is the blue shield zombies can stack side to side 6x2 easily, it's equivalent to having a bunch of boxes side by side. Even when zombies push and you're given a chance to run away I look at the backup ending and I usually say "WTF is this?"

I never called you a dumbass nor infered it, but when you don't even bother to point out whats wrong when i have been updating this map over and over all by what people have said, i can't understand how the exact same problems presist. now if the ending has flaws just tell me and i can fix them.

tinkerbell
4 Sep 2009, 01:24pm
map removed untill its edited or its get better....

NLS CEL
4 Sep 2009, 02:11pm
Ill try and update/Edit it just one more time, i think anything beyond that is pretty much beating a dead horse.

Jazz
4 Sep 2009, 02:38pm
Thanks.

andre1028
4 Sep 2009, 04:37pm
"Making the bridge indestructible will obviously make it harder for humans and easier for zombies because they could all storm it and take box room easily."

i make the bridge break when zombies touch it and for no other reason.

"I exaggerated on the long journey. I should of said difficult to survive journey with the small amount of humans that are usually left. Usually when I play zombies do spawn in or near box room and they usually kill all the humans. Those fast enough are faced with a far too long run against far too close zombies. The breakable fences though may be easy to break but that also makes it easier for zombies to catch up."

There are several points in the main path that you can cut the zombies off, the first door that opens can be closed to give the humans plently of time, the box that many people climb onto (instead of using the catwalk) breaks if zombies touch it so they have to go to the catwalk , giving humans more time. and the zombies have to run around the topside area when the plunger is pressed. Now by tram i'm guessing you mean the "lift" , that area is a little too wide and i can easly redo that area in a few minutes to make it easier to defend. (not that you will need to defend it for more than 10 or so seconds.)

I never called you a dumbass nor infered it, but when you don't even bother to point out whats wrong when i have been updating this map over and over all by what people have said, i can't understand how the exact same problems presist. now if the ending has flaws just tell me and i can fix them.

I think I already explained all the problems. And I didn't think you called me a dumbass, I went by analogy. I'd love to see this map back, but not this version, possibly a new version.