3 Sep 2009, 04:02pm
Map Removal

Full map name
zm_elevatorescape_final Type of map
Zombie Escape Why should we remove it
Impossible to win. That is all.

Bob Loblaw
3 Sep 2009, 09:03pm
Don't remove maps just because they are impossible to win, or remove Helms deep from the LOTR server..

Fun comes from a map if it has good gameplay. It can be way to long and you can never win but still have a good time TRYING to win.

ZaN1993
4 Sep 2009, 05:31am
to win this you just need 3 people standing each side at the end to shot them away and about 9 people shoting with para's and not throwing nades

Chobber
4 Sep 2009, 06:16am
Impossible to win???

Thats not right, really......... Agreed with Zan..

Lefty
4 Sep 2009, 07:18am
I enjoy this map, so no support

The Baltimore Ravens
4 Sep 2009, 07:20am
plz remove worst f***ing map ever

ZaN1993
4 Sep 2009, 07:56am
its an awesome map just need noblock so people dont glitch elevator or people or both

Jazz
4 Sep 2009, 08:06am
I played this yesterday. Humans won a couple of rounds...

SeeCraex
4 Sep 2009, 08:42am
finaly, i hate that map

Shower Fart
4 Sep 2009, 09:00am
please remove i always try get ppl to rtv at the last couple of rounds of deathstar so we dont have to play this map.

NLS CEL
4 Sep 2009, 10:03am
honestly i have only seen people acutally work together and try to win once out of 2 times playing this map, though we still lost, it isn't hard if you actually work together.

andre1028
4 Sep 2009, 11:00am
I'm going to explain why I don't like this map now. Basically humans start off all at equal distance from the elevator of course. The only problem is that the spawn points is a complete cluster fuck and most of the time you have jump over people generally slow buyers to make sure you don't get lagged behind. With that okay, you made it to the elevator (and you hopefully won't get glitched off)... then zombie spawns and everyone at the top floor lobby either get's massed human genocide because the humans with the zombie spawn decide to break the metal fence (which is supposed to slow down the zombies) just to see if they can survive, that of course fails 1/10 times. If a zombie genocide happens usually zombies get naded in front and of course that's already a guaranteed win for them.

Oh ho ho, you think that's it right? Wait until you have to climb shelves. You're waiting for you to get blocked and your head to be used as a fucking foot stool if you're with a fair enough amount of humans. One human down in that area and everyone is pretty much done. That's only the first and second level... Wait until after you get on the second elevator. The door you open can kill you if you're on the right spot. People usually shoot the damn wooden support holding the rocks of course causing a mass team killing.

Okay. You made it to the end. Only problem is that the vending machines and the metal cabinets are basically useless because of how heavy they are regarding physics settings. The only thing between you and an average of 15-30 zombies is two boxes that can be over with in one climb and one push against a load of m249's.... Another problem is that the other side needs to be defended too, and usually people stack the right side seeing how it's faster. Problem is, left side always gets overrun and vents are opened. Automatic GG dying before elevator doors even open. Even when they open you have to wait equally amount of time even longer for them to close.. super slowly.

Okay, you made it to the surface. Well I have nothing to say. Just have fun with the changed bridge from the last version. This bridge is WIDER and SHORTER. If enough humans make it to the surface, they're going to usually need a fair amount of good guns which never usually happens and usually when they do, humans stack both sides and zombies are shot in center instead of being shot off by side like they're supposed to be. I have never, ever, ever in my whole escape history have made it to the end and won as a human with a fair amount of zombies against me. In the previous versions yes because you had traps (holes) that slowed them down, but even those were hard to win.

Besides, before the end of Deathstar everyone ends up screaming "Oh god it's elevator, EVERYONE RTV THIS MAP IS SHIT". Then when map changes everyone rages and rtvs before the map is even played for 20 minutes. Even when playing the full 40 minutes nobody has beaten it.

I know you guys like challenges. I like them too, I actually encourage them. But elevator is too much of a challenge for this zombie murderer.

P.S: People saying that you have to work together. That's common fucking sense, but common sense is not so common in Escape.

to win this you just need 3 people standing each side at the end to shot them away and about 9 people shoting with para's and not throwing nades

LOL like enough smart people are alive by then.

its an awesome map just need noblock so people dont glitch elevator or people or both

That makes the ending bridge and boxes useless then.

I played this yesterday. Humans won a couple of rounds...

Screenshots of people making it to the end and winning versus a fair amount of zombies please.

Toxin
4 Sep 2009, 02:46pm
This map is far from impossible. If there would actually be 2 humans sacrificing to hold the zombies off another 15 seconds at the shelve climbing, it would be even easier. But basically, this map is wonderful with noblock. Great gameplay, very fun, one of the first ZE maps I ever played.

Simmons1114
4 Sep 2009, 02:52pm
i like this map

andre1028
4 Sep 2009, 04:34pm
This map is far from impossible. If there would actually be 2 humans sacrificing to hold the zombies off another 15 seconds at the shelve climbing, it would be even easier. But basically, this map is wonderful with noblock. Great gameplay, very fun, one of the first ZE maps I ever played.

I'm talking about the final version, a lot has changed level structure wise and gameplay wise in the final version. The good one was the one where we could cade and there was an extra entrance on the side. This map still sucks with and without noblock.

BOOWY
5 Sep 2009, 02:49am
This map suffers from the same fate as a round of Left 4 Dead when you have 3 retarded team mates... it's not fun at all and impossible to win. People ditch the chokepoints at the elevators too early, zombies get in and stab someone standing in the elevator shaft waiting for the door to close and for the elevator to go up(the last elevators). If you have a handful of people who don't suck absolute shit, the map is winnable.

This map has the same problem as many other maps, it's a large clusterfuck at the beginning when the zombie spawns and you'll get a good handful of zombies and a very tight race against them most of the time... which is bad because people are awful at jumping up the boxes and shelves and it holds everyone up.

Noblock might make the map a lot more playable. I'd say give noblock a try first before removing it as many of the problems with the map involve large groups of people blocking each other at crucial points in the map, though I will say that any map that needs more than 5 or 6 people who know what the fuck they're doing to cooperate and win is too hard, this map being one of them.

Retarded Santa
5 Sep 2009, 06:45am
yeah i agree the map is difficult for humans and there are some stupid spots, but I would try it on noblock before we eliminate the map. I think that would solve a lot of the issues.

Jazz
5 Sep 2009, 07:06am
Chang'd my mind. I support the removal. Zombies win too often. Normally all humans get infected on that water place where the water has to increase so you can climb up.

andre1028
5 Sep 2009, 02:43pm
I'm all up for doing a trial run with no block.

Chobber
6 Sep 2009, 05:05pm
I'm all up for doing a trial run with no block.

Thats the least we can do, yeh..

I am still against the removal and didnt shoot some screenies the last time I played (even though humans won several rounds!! Un-counted, really, as I dont think it is that abnormal!)..

Maybe we just had a couple of fail zombies and got saved that way - I dont know.. We won quite some times, at least!

Paul
7 Sep 2009, 09:24am
No block added.

Lets see how it goes...