PDA

View Full Version : FlashPoint: Dragon Rising

Movement
1 Sep 2009, 07:21pm
Anyone looking forward to it? Its out in a month. Looks good maybe even better than mw2

TheTruth
1 Sep 2009, 07:52pm
maybe even better than mw2

What...did you say?!?!

Movement
1 Sep 2009, 07:56pm
What...did you say?!?!

lol ya considering the fact it has military strategies, 1 single huge map, VEHICLES ya it could be better than mw2, and instead of rushing u hav to use tactics to get through levels with wide open space, especially in hardcore with, NO HUD, OR CROSS HAIR OR SUPPORT. (Artillary, Uav, so on). Just u, ur team, and ur map

TheTruth
1 Sep 2009, 07:58pm
V4PMRFkx07g

I'll just leave this here.

Metal
1 Sep 2009, 07:59pm
V4PMRFkx07g

I love you and did you pre-order?
i did for pc

TheTruth
1 Sep 2009, 07:59pm
I love you and did you pre-order?
i did for pc

Yea for teh Xbox.

Movement
1 Sep 2009, 08:02pm
:shocked: new multiplayer stuff, i already pre-ordered mw2 on ps3

PotshotPolka
1 Sep 2009, 08:03pm
This is the game I've been advocating for nearly a year now, and as I guessed its probably gonna make ARMA 2 look like shit, even though feces looks good compared to ARMA 2.

Movement
1 Sep 2009, 08:09pm
This is the game I've been advocating for nearly a year now, and as I guessed its probably gonna make ARMA 2 look like shit, even though feces looks good compared to ARMA 2.

the language stupid do u speak it?

PotshotPolka
1 Sep 2009, 08:14pm
the language stupid do u speak it?

No, why do you ask?

ARMA 2 was a flight simulator made to look like an FPS. It had THE most cumbersome controls I've ever used, regardless of all my other qualms with it.

Dracula
1 Sep 2009, 08:15pm
The first one rocked, and I will buy this.

Movement
1 Sep 2009, 08:25pm
No, why do you ask?

ARMA 2 was a flight simulator made to look like an FPS. It had THE most cumbersome controls I've ever used, regardless of all my other qualms with it.

cuz i speak it and hav no clue what ur saying, all i got was arma 2 is crap and was a flight simulator in to a FPS, if thts what ur saying well then OFP is crap in ur opinion

PotshotPolka
1 Sep 2009, 08:33pm
cuz i speak it and hav no clue what ur saying, all i got was arma 2 is crap and was a flight simulator in to a FPS, if thts what ur saying well then OFP is crap in ur opinion

No, the gameplay I've seen in OFP looks much smoother, plus it has 256+ NPCS to be commanded by 50 players in multiplayer servers. ARMA 2 was just shoddy, had poor controls, poor AI intuition, and every soldier sounded like Microsoft Sam. I think OFP2 will do it right, and is a great opportunity to get our foot into a new game that could render a big following.

Alpha2
1 Sep 2009, 09:06pm
This isn't made by the same people that made OFP. They went on to make ArmA and now ArmA 2. It will be NOTHING like the first.

Gui
2 Sep 2009, 03:39am
LoL I hate Cod play style.. its so arcade lol OPF2 will be the game of the year :P Im almost sure of it =P impressive graphics, the most advanced AI in the world =) Well i will buy it :P

Movement
2 Sep 2009, 07:13am
No, the gameplay I've seen in OFP looks much smoother, plus it has 256+ NPCS to be commanded by 50 players in multiplayer servers. ARMA 2 was just shoddy, had poor controls, poor AI intuition, and every soldier sounded like Microsoft Sam. I think OFP2 will do it right, and is a great opportunity to get our foot into a new game that could render a big following.

okay so OFP 2 is ganna be better than ArmA2 okay fine with me

LoL I hate Cod play style.. its so arcade lol OPF2 will be the game of the year :P Im almost sure of it =P impressive graphics, the most advanced AI in the world =) Well i will buy it :P

im getting both ^^ and mag ^^

PotshotPolka
2 Sep 2009, 08:22am
V4PMRFkx07g

wSd3HdM0drA

Movement
2 Sep 2009, 10:31am
wSd3HdM0drA

"You can run to this side of the map, to this side of the map, but it would take around 9 and a half hours"
"That is why we recommend one of the attack choppers, tht u saw earlier... but it still would take around 12-16 minutes"

NormandyAlive
4 Sep 2009, 10:19am
IMO Modern warfare is highly overrated.

TheTruth
4 Sep 2009, 10:27am
wSd3HdM0drA

I'll just leave this deer
http://i608.photobucket.com/albums/tt164/jstough_photo/aaug1004.jpg

I like mine better ;_;

XeNo
4 Sep 2009, 07:50pm
wSd3HdM0drA

Looking more forward to this.

Shinobi.Kirby
4 Sep 2009, 08:00pm
Im looking forward to this game, and mw2 :D

Harbor
15 Sep 2009, 12:17pm
BUMP

It looks awesome upgrading PC (maybe fixing xbox) just for this game

Lordcrazy
15 Sep 2009, 12:58pm
MUST GET OPERATION FLASHPOINT DRAGON RISING!!

Runski
15 Sep 2009, 04:07pm
My friend has been constantly pooping all over himself about this game. They actually went to the Island and mapped every detail into the game. Instead of smoke dissipating as fast as it was popped, it lingers over the battle field. And this is more than HC mode from CoD. This is one shot from just about every weapon and consider yourself reloading to a checkpoint. This is a game all about Strategy. Not that, Im gonna run into this room, unload every bullet in my clip onto these baddies and walk out alive. Hell, speed of sound!!! I want to see CoD compete with that.

Movement
15 Sep 2009, 04:20pm
My friend has been constantly pooping all over himself about this game. They actually went to the Island and mapped every detail into the game. Instead of smoke dissipating as fast as it was popped, it lingers over the battle field. And this is more than HC mode from CoD. This is one shot from just about every weapon and consider yourself reloading to a checkpoint. This is a game all about Strategy. Not that, Im gonna run into this room, unload every bullet in my clip onto these baddies and walk out alive. Hell, speed of sound!!! I want to see CoD compete with that.

:clap:

Prince
15 Sep 2009, 06:33pm
Ive never heard of this game

WaffleCopter
16 Sep 2009, 01:29pm
i wan to get modern warfare 2 but then l4d 2 is coming out on the same month :(

Movement
16 Sep 2009, 01:56pm
i wan to get modern warfare 2 but then l4d 2 is coming out on the same month :(

get mw2 l4d dies its too repetitive

Lordcrazy
24 Sep 2009, 05:17pm
MUST BUY IT

ReGIONALS
24 Sep 2009, 05:45pm
stop replying ok just go preorder it and stop you must get it jesus.

ill probably get it want a tactical shooter type of game

PotshotPolka
24 Sep 2009, 06:10pm
stop replying ok just go preorder it and stop you must get it jesus.

ill probably get it want a tactical shooter type of game

What crawled up your asshole and died? And I'm not pre-ordering, I'd rather see it on Steam.

Bad Dog
24 Sep 2009, 06:16pm
What crawled up your asshole and died? And I'm not pre-ordering, I'd rather see it on Steam.

Will it be on Steam because thats pretty much how i buy my PC games right now. Also, the game does look great, but saying they went to an island and mapped out every detail is a very bold claim.

PotshotPolka
24 Sep 2009, 07:10pm
I haven't heard anything from Steam yet, but it if they do it should be in their news a few weeks before launch date, and that's a week or two from now so probably not.

ReGIONALS
24 Sep 2009, 07:35pm

not talking to you, lordcrazy has posted twice with MUST BUY THIS!!!!. and its kinda annoying

Bad Dog
24 Sep 2009, 08:19pm
and its kinda annoying

ya well so are you and your insults to anyone who "annoys you."

ReGIONALS
24 Sep 2009, 08:26pm
ya well so are you and your insults to anyone who "annoys you."

ya well so is your trolling get the sock out of your ass and stop thinking your great because you can make jokes on the internet.

TheTruth
24 Sep 2009, 08:30pm
ya well so is your trolling get the sock out of your ass and stop thinking your great because you can make jokes on the internet.

sock in ass ftw.

Bad Dog
24 Sep 2009, 08:42pm
sock in ass ftw.

im gonna have to agree sock in ass is ftw.

PotshotPolka
24 Sep 2009, 08:44pm

Well christ man, its just that you've gone on the offensive in the tech and gaming sections, and your ignoring the obviously fun places to troll/flame like OTF. Why not try there, or otherwise just cool down?

PotshotPolka
6 Oct 2009, 04:01pm
The game is now available to purchase on steam.

DLing now.

They also spiked multiplayer, made the maps smaller and nows its only 16v16. Also has 4 player COOP and a map maker/mission maker tool.

Movement
7 Oct 2009, 05:32am
The game is now available to purchase on steam.

DLing now.

They also spiked multiplayer, made the maps smaller and nows its only 16v16. Also has 4 player COOP and a map maker/mission maker tool.

map/mission maker tool is only for PC sadly, and for a 30 klick map do u really expect for them to allow players to roam around mindlessly and have no idea what to do through out the whole island? That would be boring

fucking steam made it 20 dollars less than console... fuck >.<

PotshotPolka
7 Oct 2009, 10:40am
map/mission maker tool is only for PC sadly, and for a 30 klick map do u really expect for them to allow players to roam around mindlessly and have no idea what to do through out the whole island? That would be boring

fucking steam made it 20 dollars less than console... fuck >.<

Which is why you always, but always, buy FPS games on PC.

And before any consolefags show up saying I'm just a bitch with a lot of money.
hwPWwGmRgVM

Movement
7 Oct 2009, 11:34pm
btw if u guys want to get the bonus missions do this
http://recruit.flashpointgame.com/en/game.php
heres my highest score

ckw
8 Oct 2009, 04:56am
Well nothing can compare to CoD: MW2! :D

Well I agree I mostly like FPS on PC, but Halo and Cod4 changed my mind. but still these (and cod mw2) is the only and I repeat, the only fps games Ill have on 360 ^^

PotshotPolka
8 Oct 2009, 12:19pm
So is anyone else gonna buy for PC? It's $40, and I'd say its worth much. Love to COOP with someone too.

Ultramarine
8 Oct 2009, 04:27pm
So is anyone else gonna buy for PC? It's $40, and I'd say its worth much. Love to COOP with someone too.

mat get it if my laptop will handle it... what does your rig have for hardware potshot?

Laptop:
Core 2 Duo @ 2.13GHz
4GB 800 DDR2 RAM
GeForce 9600m GS with 1GB GDDR3 on board memory

Movement
8 Oct 2009, 04:34pm
Well nothing can compare to CoD: MW2! :D

Well I agree I mostly like FPS on PC, but Halo and Cod4 changed my mind. but still these (and cod mw2) is the only and I repeat, the only fps games Ill have on 360 ^^

what about mag? 256 vs 256 people? good luck running that on ur pc

i doubt my laptop can support OFP2 so i got it on PS3. Would be great if PC, PS3, and Xbox teamed up and made it possible to vs people on other consoles. But sadly we kno this will never happen

TheTruth
8 Oct 2009, 04:36pm

i doubt my laptop can support OFP2 so i got it on PS3. Would be great if PC, PS3, and Xbox teamed up and made it possible to vs people on other consoles. But sadly we kno this will never happen

They have Xbox vs. Computer :P

Movement
8 Oct 2009, 04:38pm
They have Xbox vs. Computer :P

...They do?.... FUCK U SONY, but i dont wanna pay a monthly fee to be online. When there is a cheaper alternative

Ultramarine
8 Oct 2009, 05:01pm

it's 128vs128

PotshotPolka
8 Oct 2009, 05:51pm
it's 128vs128

No, if you read it was dropped to 16v16, only two game modes, Assault or TDM.

COOP is up to 4.

Movement
8 Oct 2009, 05:56pm
No, if you read it was dropped to 16v16, only two game modes, Assault or TDM.

COOP is up to 4.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/Nightmare30/Funny%20stuff/facepalm.jpg
Were talking about MAG and sorry for the mistake it actually is 128 vs 128

Alpha2
8 Oct 2009, 09:48pm
I might buy it. What is it like? Obviously not like the first one since ArmA is the REAL OFP 2. Did these chuckleheads make a good game the way the original makers who left for ArmA did?

PotshotPolka
8 Oct 2009, 10:53pm
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b24/Nightmare30/Funny%20stuff/facepalm.jpg
Were talking about MAG and sorry for the mistake it actually is 128 vs 128

Why on Earth did you derail to a completely different game then?

Ultramarine
9 Oct 2009, 09:45am

us? ckw would be the one to go off track. all i did was correct someone that MAG was 128vs128, not 256vs256...

Also, to the person who said "Good luck running that on a PC" im quite certain PC has alot of MMO FPS.. WWII Online comes to mind.

Movement
9 Oct 2009, 02:05pm
us? ckw would be the one to go off track. all i did was correct someone that MAG was 128vs128, not 256vs256...

Also, to the person who said "Good luck running that on a PC" im quite certain PC has alot of MMO FPS.. WWII Online comes to mind.

yes.. but a server with 256 people on it? But i dont know maybe the makers of MAG somehow will make it so you wouldnt lag and my computer is getting old so i decided to get games on the PS3 now

idk someone started talking about a different game, then i countered it by saying how would u run MAG on ur computer? I do not see how it would be possible to have 256 people on a server and not lag. But then again the human mind and technology has continuously amazed me

Nasdaqian
10 Oct 2009, 01:35pm
flashpoint seems pretty cool but im going to stick to MW2

Cranks
10 Oct 2009, 04:47pm
The game is AWESOME.

Its like no other FPS so dont be all "ima wait for MW 2". All though they still need to fix the connection issues with the multiplayer since they have to low a bandwidth to support the ammount of people trying to login.

McCallum
10 Oct 2009, 04:49pm
I'll try to download it soon and see if I like it. If I do, I'll purchase it on Steam. :blink1:

Movement
10 Oct 2009, 08:55pm
ughh fucking game stop wont have it till tuesday

Alpha2
11 Oct 2009, 05:33pm
ughh fucking game stop wont have it till tuesday

Luckily Steam exists...

Movement
12 Oct 2009, 01:12pm
Luckily Steam exists...

too bad my laptop sucks balls

ReGIONALS
13 Oct 2009, 04:58pm
lol ya considering the fact it has military strategies, 1 single huge map, VEHICLES ya it could be better than mw2, and instead of rushing u hav to use tactics to get through levels with wide open space, especially in hardcore with, NO HUD, OR CROSS HAIR OR SUPPORT. (Artillary, Uav, so on). Just u, ur team, and ur map

also in cod5 vehicles made the game shit people would get in tanks and rape everyone

Shinobi.Kirby
13 Oct 2009, 06:50pm
I don't think they will have vehicules in mw2, they know better. But i may buy this game, even if mw2 is better.

PotshotPolka
13 Oct 2009, 07:01pm
also in cod5 vehicles made the game shit people would get in tanks and rape everyone

In ex-soviet Russian occupied by the PLA, AT rapes tanks.