PDA

View Full Version : CS:S Minimizes without me doing it.

IntenseFajita
31 Aug 2009, 10:24pm
Title explains it.

When ever i load CSS up, sometimes it will minimize by itself, sometimes it will work fine. When i go to click the box at the bottom, i can get back into the game, but the screen is pushed up to the top left.

Any reason or idea's of why this happens sometimes?

Huwajux
1 Sep 2009, 05:47am
Yeah, I get this sometimes. It's completely random, I just re-open it again and continue playing as normal, but I'd like to know why it does it.

GrayFox
1 Sep 2009, 05:53am
It used to happen to me. Its because your computer is automatically minimizing windows. You only notice it with CS because its full-screen. Trying playing around with your system settings and the window size. I can't remember exactly what fixed it, but its something around there.

IntenseFajita
1 Sep 2009, 06:48am
Alright. I'll see what i can find in the settings. I changed my resolution because i have a widescreen, so i'll check to see if thats it.

Metal
1 Sep 2009, 06:54am
Play CS:S in a window so much better

IntenseFajita
1 Sep 2009, 07:17am
Play CS:S in a window so much better

Eww. Just....eww.

Who plays in windows anymore!?

Metal
1 Sep 2009, 07:24am
Eww. Just....eww.

Me, i use it to go to 4chan and youtube when im playing

IntenseFajita
1 Sep 2009, 07:29am
I've tried playing games in windows. It screws me up because when i want to make a 360, the mouse will go outside of the game.

Alpha2
1 Sep 2009, 09:35pm
Maybe you have something lame (like the fail that is Norton) that initiates it?

Simmons1114
2 Sep 2009, 11:44am
yeah my webroot sometimes will minimize my game to tell me how good of a job its doing

Red
2 Sep 2009, 11:50am
This happens to me as soon as I get into a server sometimes, it minimizes to desktop. But I don't have a problem with it not going back to fullscreen.

Krazy
5 Sep 2009, 05:37pm
wow im surprised that someone else has this problem too, it been happening to me a lot recently

Allan
6 Sep 2009, 04:20am
Is your windows resolution the same as your in-game resolution?. IF not, try keeping the in-game and out of game (windows) resolution the same, it helped me.

Ganzta
7 Sep 2009, 04:27pm
maybe your finger's too fat and you keep on accidentally hitting the windows key

Nasdaqian
8 Sep 2009, 09:54pm
Eww. Just....eww.

lol i know rite?

IntenseFajita
18 Sep 2009, 03:04pm
I am still getting this problem by the way. Sometimes it crashes sometimes i minimizes. WTF I've checked every single forum on the internet and no one really has a good answer or explaination. I think it might be a glitch in Steam possibly.

Prez
18 Sep 2009, 05:51pm
I play windowed.. it's so much easier for me because I usually have other programs running, so I don't have to press the desktop key to get out of CS:S.