PDA

View Full Version : [Rejected] mg_jakes_office_course_v3 removal

Jeeves
26 Aug 2009, 04:17pm
Map Removal

Full map name
mg_jakes_office_course_v3 Type of map
MiniGame Why should we remove it
1. The primary reason this map should be removed is because of the doors. To get from obstacle to obstacle, you must go through doorways. These doorways can be spammed by people so that no one can get through them. Even if the players don't mean to, a lot of players crowd around the door and all try to open it, resulting in the door staying closed. Certain people will also do it on purpose so that no one can get through, or they'll go to one side of the door and make it so that no one on the other side can get through. Generally at the beginning of the round, it will take several seconds to something more like half a minute to finally get through the door, making the map annoying and boring.

2. Although not as important as the first reason, a number of textures are missing. This makes the map less appealing, and you cannot see what the map may be attempting to tell you through the texture (such as redlight greenlight or something similar).

Metal
26 Aug 2009, 04:19pm
I hate the laser but other than that its a ok map
No support

dr|jake
26 Aug 2009, 04:32pm
No support.

The door part can sometimes be a bit annoying, But other than that the map is good.

IntenseFajita
29 Aug 2009, 08:50am
Support.

The doors are very annoying and it takes 2 minutes for people to figure out WHY THE DOOR ISNT OPENING. Also theres about 3 rooms that are missing textures. Also, isnt this the map where you just die when you complete it? I feel there should be a button that kills EVERYONE, not just you. The thing is, some people will bhop or something to get out of the death trap.

Then people that havent completed the map yet will arrive to a broken trap that doesnt go off again. Some idiots also like to stay alive and not kill themselves resulting to people leaving/anger/bordom.

CandleJack
29 Aug 2009, 10:56am
NO SUPPORT

Lefty
29 Aug 2009, 11:48am
This was rejected before wasn't it

Prez
29 Aug 2009, 02:38pm
No support. I can fix the door problem if needed.

Xtrm
29 Aug 2009, 03:36pm
No support. Simple solution to doors, ma_slap #all, pushes all players away from the door.

moo
29 Aug 2009, 04:18pm
Shadow;275886']No support. I can fix the door problem if needed.

if you want to do that you need to fix the whole map rofl

This map is pointless it takes the first round and someone can complete it and then its tedious and all you do is die. :l should be a rat race.

Bob Loblaw
29 Aug 2009, 05:08pm
I really don't mind this map and it adds more variety. IF ANYTHING we need to remove the duplicates of smash maps. There are like 8 smash maps on the server, so you go from one map to smash, then to a different version of the EXACT SAME MAP, then to a different map, then to a different version of the first two smash maps you played.

Retextured versions are better, but not different, so don't have multiple when they are still the same GD thing, even if the end scenario for those still alive is different.

EDIT: BIG WOAH, IT'S JEEVES!!!

Metal
29 Aug 2009, 11:06pm
Support b/c of lazor

No support after lazor

lol?

SoulKeeper
30 Aug 2009, 12:42am
No support.
If you dislike this map that much decompile it and remove the doors.

Jeeves
30 Aug 2009, 08:26am
No support. Simple solution to doors, ma_slap #all, pushes all players away from the door.
That's okay if there is an admin on, but what about when no admin is on? Players cannot force other players away from the door.

No support.
If you dislike this map that much decompile it and remove the doors.
Why should I have to decompile the map and fix it myself if it has a serious flaw?

I could be wrong, but for all of those saying no support, I rarely see you on the minigames server. For all of those saying it can be fixed, feel free to fix it. But until then, it is too easy for one player to disprupt the gameplay for all of the other players. When this map comes on, people groan because they know that people will cause problems and slow down the gameplay.

Crazy Dane
30 Aug 2009, 08:34am
Support. When ppl try to respawn and many do it, it makes so much lagg

moo
30 Aug 2009, 10:29am
I really don't mind this map and it adds more variety. IF ANYTHING we need to remove the duplicates of smash maps. There are like 8 smash maps on the server, so you go from one map to smash, then to a different version of the EXACT SAME MAP, then to a different map, then to a different version of the first two smash maps you played.

Retextured versions are better, but not different, so don't have multiple when they are still the same GD thing, even if the end scenario for those still alive is different.

nah still have them but reduce the blimmin round times, no one wants to play 20 rounds of mg_3k_smash_redux one, if 1 round takes about 3 minutes thats like an hour, and too be honest the maps are well over played

Toxin
30 Aug 2009, 10:55am
Support.
People are too impatient with the doors, without admin it can take up half the round just to get past one obstacle.
People spam the respawn, without admin it can lag and even crash the server.
And another half of the players die on the lasers.

moo
30 Aug 2009, 12:33pm
Support.
People are too impatient with the doors, without admin it can take up half the round just to get past one obstacle.
And another half of the players die on the lasers.

no the office one is the one with that random traffic light and that,

the lasers one is his other one

Prez
30 Aug 2009, 01:34pm
How about this:

I will personally redo the map, removing the doors, and fixing any bad/faulty textures so it's not errored.

Sound good?

BOOWY
30 Aug 2009, 02:09pm
No support. I think it's a crappy map, piss easy and poorly made but it's not unplayable, and I kind of like it for 2 or 3 rounds.

moo
30 Aug 2009, 02:42pm
no point, you get nothing at the end of this map, so you die even if you win

Prez
30 Aug 2009, 09:35pm
I can fix it so you win.. and even get points for doing so. If you want..

sylar
31 Aug 2009, 08:05am
is this the one where when you get to the end the walls just crush you? you dont actually win.

Crazy Dane
31 Aug 2009, 10:14am
Support.
As I said

Simmons1114
31 Aug 2009, 10:56am
Support.

Even if this map was working perfectly, it wouldent be that good. Plus its full of problems.

moo
31 Aug 2009, 11:25am
Shadow;276993']I can fix it so you win.. and even get points for doing so. If you want..

make it like a rat race, but not like mg_rat_race

you can have 2 of them next to each other and winner gets shotgun and teleported to the other side?

Prez
31 Aug 2009, 01:38pm
I can do that. I can also fix up the traps/obstacles so they work better too.

And this isn't the one where it crushes you for your cookie.

ZaN1993
4 Sep 2009, 01:02pm
you need to ask jake for permission to remade/fix map, the map is pretty easy just annoying with the missing textures and people trying to lock people out by standing on the other side of the door and spamming e,

dr|jake
5 Sep 2009, 10:10am
no point, you get nothing at the end of this map, so you die even if you win

Kk, I have to say this to not only you, But to everyone else that says this.
Does it matter? Name one thing you gain playing video games. If you get to the end of the map, than you get to the end of the god damned map. Be proud of that.
It only kills you so the round can restart and all the people that failed can try again.

The Baltimore Ravens
5 Sep 2009, 10:29am
Kk, I have to say this to not only you, But to everyone else that says this.
Does it matter? Name one thing you gain playing video games. If you get to the end of the map, than you get to the end of the god damned map. Be proud of that.
It only kills you so the round can restart and all the people that failed can try again.

the point is that its a fail map.

Krazy
6 Sep 2009, 01:25am
Personally i like the map, i think someone should just go into the map and edit all of the doors out and upload that version to the server.

Paul
7 Sep 2009, 04:14am
Rejected, not enough support for the removal.