PDA

View Full Version : Batman Arkham Asylum review

Bad Dog
25 Aug 2009, 11:54pm
So I bought this game today and its by far a big contender for Singleplayer game of the year.

The gameplay is a mixture of stealth/horror/action/CSI-Investigation.
You will literally at times be dropped into a room with 8-10 enemies and have to bust skulls.
The combat is simple yet extremely deep. You have dogde, punch,stun, and counter, and you can use batarangs and the bat-claw and other items in combat.
At other times you will be in a room where the enemies are armed to the teeth with guns, and stealth is not just an option, but a neccesisty, since machine guns can mow Batman down.
That just adds to the fun as you really feel like Batman, jumping from hiding spot to hiding spot picking off enemies.
The graphics are great and the story is pretty involving.
The bossfights are right up there with some of the best bosses in history. I dont want to spoil anything, but I will say that Scarecrow might be the next Psycho Mantis.
There is a Wayne Tech upgrade system that will let you use exp points from downing enemies and such to buy health upgrades, fighting upgrades, and tool upgrades (Multiple Batarangs=Win.)
Everything in the game for the most part feels and looks natural and fantastic. I havent beaten the game yet, and I havent touched the Scenario type mode where you have to do a specific objective in a room, but Ill add it later once I try it

Bob Loblaw
25 Aug 2009, 11:56pm
My friend got it. And I played the demo. The fighting is so GD much fun!!! You literally just rip around with rape on your fist pounding peoples faces.. It's seriously fun.
And its 30$ if bought today. But I didn't buy because I'm moving in with said friend in a few days :P

Buca
30 Aug 2009, 10:47pm
Yeah the fighting is definitely what makes this game fun.

2 Dwarves, 1 Coat
31 Aug 2009, 02:26am
Finished this game just the day before it released, I can tell you that the ending nearly

ruins the experience for me. It's not real stealth, more gargoyle swinging and silent

takedowns over and over. Batman can shrug off dozens of bullets for some reason.

The only real reason to choose this over the Splinter Cell titles would be the detective

work and brutal freeflow fist fights.

vinhex
31 Aug 2009, 02:34am
Scarecrow the next Psycho Mantis, this is statement should get u a life-ban. Blasphemy! :smile:

Honestly tho the games cool, for me its half way between God of War and Prince of Persia. Both good games i guess, so...

Movement
31 Aug 2009, 04:30am
I played the demo and i was like wow. But as i think of it why the hell are there gargoyles in like every single room even in the damn room where it was suppose to be like high tech. On the other hand it is very funny to hang someone upside down on a gargoyle and then drop then below to other enemies and watch them freak out while u take some more people out. Its a must buy if u dont mind the repetitive swinging gargoyle to gargoyle

waarl0ck
31 Aug 2009, 04:40pm
good review

Creeping Death
3 Sep 2009, 11:21am
Scarecrow the next Psycho Mantis, this is statement should get u a life-ban. Blasphemy! :smile:

Honestly tho the games cool, for me its half way between God of War and Prince of Persia. Both good games i guess, so...

i agree

Bad Dog
3 Sep 2009, 08:59pm
i agree

Ok. Not saying that Scarecrow is BETTER than PM. But cmon, if you have seen any other bosses that do that good of a like "redo" of PM, plz tell me. The 1st too Scarecrow scenes are decent, but that third one is honestly genius. Made me think of PM lovingly.

Gundude54
25 Sep 2009, 09:49pm
I played the demo and it was awesome