PDA

View Full Version : Left 4 dead 2

Orangejuice35
24 Aug 2009, 11:07am
So on my journey at E3 I couldent wait to get to this because I liked left 4 dead and how it runned! This is a much different experience right when I started to play it I looked at the scenery and thought "this isnt even close to being l4d skinned" the graphics were completely re done and another good thing about it is that there was sunlight letting me expereince left 4 dead in a completely different mood! People would ask me to get off but I didnt it was so addicting with the axe one hit kill and the incindenary ammo I meen who would want to leave! I wanted to finish the demo! this game isnt just a re skinned verison of l4d its a completely different game I would give it a 9/10 because it was just so intense I loved the new infected like the charger and the spitter the charger was like a tank they made the spitter actually scary !!! So if you are a fan of zombies and liked the first one I want you to buy this game actually add me on steam !!! When I buy this its gunna be all I play.... and a little bit of modern warfare 2 :)

xVengeance
24 Aug 2009, 11:11am
Yeah the L4D2 graphics are a lot better, and so are the weapons, i just like the frying pan(:

The Baltimore Ravens
24 Aug 2009, 11:33am
L4D2 is a pice of crap, its just valve trying to make a crap load of money off of just some new content.

Shinobi.Kirby
24 Aug 2009, 02:56pm
Ya why not update the new one ? They just want us to pay som god damn money, like if its growing on trees.

ckw
24 Aug 2009, 03:07pm
This game is gonne be epix!

Tyler
24 Aug 2009, 03:34pm
the graphics are more like TF2 imo

Jake
24 Aug 2009, 04:50pm
I think its gana suck ass because all it is is new people and guns and the lvls a re a little bit changed i played the demo [ don't ask where or how i got it ] it was not fun boring i recommend u not get it

Krazy
24 Aug 2009, 09:01pm
Well, personally i can't wait until L4D2 come out. I got screwed with L4D1, because i bought it on the xbox360 so this game will give me a chance to experience it on the pc, and best of all free dlc =).

b0red
24 Aug 2009, 09:22pm
I really cannot wait for this to come out

Hazardous
24 Aug 2009, 09:32pm
I think its gana suck ass because all it is is new people and guns and the lvls a re a little bit changed i played the demo [ don't ask where or how i got it ] it was not fun boring i recommend u not get it

lol.

Kennith
24 Aug 2009, 10:29pm
L4D2 is a pice of crap, its just valve trying to make a crap load of money off of just some new content.

You described every other game Valve has.

Haters.

Bad Dog
24 Aug 2009, 11:18pm

Excuse me sir but I dont think you know that Valve is a MOTHER FUCKING COMPANY. And a company needs to make MOTHER FUCKING MONEY. They arent going to release this shit in free updates, they dont owe you that. Where did you get the sense of entitlement that you deserve free things from Valve. That Valve owes you these things? Oh! How dare Valve come out with the sequal to a critically acclaimed game so quickly! How dare they!

Flonk
27 Aug 2009, 02:24pm
well valve said that DLC with new maps and weapons would come for l4d... and they release a new game instead.. it shows disrespect to the players that bought the game thinking that it would get bigger/better. (Yes I know that they still have time to release DLC for l4d, but do you really think that will happen? :P) That however has nothing to do with the quality of L4D2, so saying it is crap is a bit harsh :) i will wait and see if this game is worth paying full price for.

Mcbride
27 Aug 2009, 02:46pm
i personally cant wait to get it also so..

PingPong
27 Aug 2009, 02:53pm
Gonna be sweet, gonna be fun playing with people in sg and also cloud and bad dog speak of the fuckin truth

Metal
27 Aug 2009, 03:41pm
IF IT HAS ZOMBIES ITS GOOD

EntombmentOfTheMachine
27 Aug 2009, 03:43pm
i think its going to be a waste of money. i mean come on paying 40 bucks for downloadable content? i mean to me from watching videos its going to look easy. i saw ak47 and even a grenade launcher. add that with all the stuff your getting like incidenary ammo and everything i think its honestly going to be bullshit. i waited half a year for the SDK to come out after they gave all these promises and shit about what they were going to do and how they are going to release stuff. i think the game is going to suck.

SchmoSalt
28 Aug 2009, 12:11am
Never was a big fan of the first one. I mean sure it is one of the best zombie coop shooters around, but it just gets old. After playing each campaign on Expert, the campaigns get repetitive and down right boring.

I probably won't be buying this any time in the foreseeable future. I'll stick with ZM and ZPS. They have a lot more variety than L4D does. =/

yardy
28 Aug 2009, 01:00am
Awesome shit :D i wanna be the big fat black guy... he looks like he is THE CREW :D he pwnes the zombs

Bruce Lee
28 Aug 2009, 03:22am
L4D2 FAIL!

UPDATE VALVE!! UPDATES!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9bFlt_0A0

Jazz
28 Aug 2009, 08:49am
L4D2 FAIL!

UPDATE VALVE!! UPDATES!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6K9bFlt_0A0

lol lucky I didn't waste 40 dollars on that.

Lordcrazy
28 Aug 2009, 04:14pm
I'm glad you liked it but theres been thousands of L4D2 posts both good and bad so... i wouldve wished it was just a expansion pack though.

Hazardous
28 Aug 2009, 04:15pm
Never was a big fan of the first one. I mean sure it is one of the best zombie coop shooters around, but it just gets old. After playing each campaign on Expert, the campaigns get repetitive and down right boring.

I probably won't be buying this any time in the foreseeable future. I'll stick with ZM and ZPS. They have a lot more variety than L4D does. =/

It's called "versus."

Allan
5 Sep 2009, 10:51pm
TBH, I havent tried the first one, but I am thinking of buying this one. I kinda like games with good looking graphics, and I am not really into the cartoon looking people. But I play Team Fortress 2, so I guess i will give this game a shot as well lol

Tfrag
6 Sep 2009, 07:29am
i only played the beta of L4D. my computer couldn't handle the game very well. my friend has the game so when i would go over there to play it

Mingey957
6 Sep 2009, 02:46pm
I have to agree with Lordcrazy. L4D2 to me shouldve been an expansion pack

juku
6 Sep 2009, 09:45pm
Nope, I rather have a new gameplay. Probably not gonna happen but just new features I guess.

Cranks
20 Sep 2009, 08:03am
w00t

I shall be playing this at Eurogame Expo at the end of October.

DeathNote
21 Oct 2009, 07:30am
Is Left 4 dead 2 going to run as smooth as the first one? Could it run on my PC?

Specs:

Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz
nVidia GeForce 8600 GT 512MB
Memory RAM 4,00 GB
32-bit OS

*Personally I think it's going to be a new experience and it's going to have a catchy and an interesting gameplay.

Wrathek
21 Oct 2009, 07:37am
thats not all of the info needed to tell you yes or no. You left out the most important spec, your graphics card.

BOOWY
21 Oct 2009, 10:15am
L4D2 is necessary. L4D is not a Valve game, not wholly. It's Turtle Rock Studios and Valve. Valve bought Turtle Rock Studios in January of 2008 and L4D was released in November of 2008. Valve didn't recode the game or anything like that, a lot of what they did was tweak gameplay and things like that. There used to be a Screamer special infected before Valve got a hold of the game. No Mercy and Dead Air came from one big city map that had many routes to go through. A lot of what Valve did during those few months was extensively play test the game.

Where am I going with this? Making expansion packs and patches that add things to the game depends on how the game itself is built. Valve have already gone on record to say that adding or modifying things in L4D is difficult because of the way the game is built. L4D2 is necessary because it gives Valve the chance to start from scratch and design the game in such a way that it's easy to update and add things to. The reason they're able to release the game so quickly is because a lot of the code in L4D can be(and probably has been) reused. The new content is a given but I think this sequel is more about structurally building the game around TF2 where it can be updated frequently and easily.

It's a necessary evil... and if Valve really wanted to repent, they'll do a shitload of free updates for L4D2, even more-so than TF2.

Psyche
21 Oct 2009, 03:32pm
The demo for those who pre-order the game on gamestop, or at steam is out next Tuesday. Did I mention the only way to get the baseball bat is to have pre-ordered the game?

Wrathek
22 Oct 2009, 08:44pm
u39KZJIJ7VA

pretty much sold me. pre-order'd

Bad Dog
22 Oct 2009, 09:41pm
Man that trailer is seriously bad ass...

Acessed
23 Oct 2009, 12:31am
L4D2 Comes out just after im geting my new comp :D might actually be able to run a game i like properly for once.. (at least i hope i like it)

Henrik
23 Oct 2009, 04:01am
Awesome trailer

Anyone know when the demo is released to those who pre-order'd?

Wrathek
23 Oct 2009, 05:48am
27th - 4 days.

Tyler
23 Oct 2009, 06:17am
Looks fun also, saw that trailer on Kotaku lol

MrFroggy
24 Oct 2009, 09:52am
Yeah i love that zombie survival guide its awesome .. Sometimes you may think its a movie .. Cuz it looks like so.

Prez
24 Oct 2009, 12:32pm
So on my journey at E3 I couldent wait to get to this because I liked left 4 dead and how it runned! This is a much different experience right when I started to play it I looked at the scenery and thought "this isnt even close to being l4d skinned" the graphics were completely re done and another good thing about it is that there was sunlight letting me expereince left 4 dead in a completely different mood! People would ask me to get off but I didnt it was so addicting with the axe one hit kill and the incindenary ammo I meen who would want to leave! I wanted to finish the demo! this game isnt just a re skinned verison of l4d its a completely different game I would give it a 9/10 because it was just so intense I loved the new infected like the charger and the spitter the charger was like a tank they made the spitter actually scary !!! So if you are a fan of zombies and liked the first one I want you to buy this game actually add me on steam !!! When I buy this its gunna be all I play.... and a little bit of modern warfare 2 :)

Sorry, but you didn't use one period in here at all, and your grammar is horrible.

I just had to, sorry.

Psyche
24 Oct 2009, 12:56pm
wow

the german version of left4dead 2 is using CSS weapons to avoid 'realism'

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4blsnyDYGvo&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4blsnyDYGvo&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Metal
24 Oct 2009, 01:14pm
u39kzjij7va

pretty much sold me. Pre-order'd

its just like a movie, fk mw2 im getting this!

PotshotPolka
28 Oct 2009, 10:47pm
Actually, AWPing zombies sounds a bit like fun.

Thorio132
5 Nov 2009, 02:18pm
Just got the demo and pre ordered. cant wait for it to come out.

Red
5 Nov 2009, 02:35pm
wow

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/4blsnyDYGvo&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/4blsnyDYGvo&rel=0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Wonder how long until that kinda big government crap comes here.

Bad Dog
5 Nov 2009, 02:42pm
BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Wonder how long until that kinda big government crap comes here.

*This just in, President Obama has just ordered all guns in Modern Warefare 2 to be Squirt Guns and all soldiers to be Clowns.

Shit.

MrFroggy
8 Nov 2009, 08:14am
I have the demo and i downloaded somthing so i cracked it so i can play Versus with ma friend lsit .. I got about 6 pps on my friend list that has the game.

Octa
8 Nov 2009, 09:03pm
OMFG!! the demo kicks ass! there is no way i can see that they could have released it as dlc. its just sooooooo much diferent! the graphics are lighter, but they are far from tf2 graphics. and melee weapons are awesome.

mNote
9 Nov 2009, 09:53pm
;316291']OMFG!! the demo kicks ass! there is no way i can see that they could have released it as dlc. its just sooooooo much diferent! the graphics are lighter, but they are far from tf2 graphics. and melee weapons are awesome.

Sweet, it looks like pre-ordering this game was a good choice after all.

Jazzyy
9 Nov 2009, 10:11pm
Episode 1, 2, and soon to be 3 are just small 'patches' for games, should we consider those DLC and bitch about THAT?
I mean all they did was add some new maps, make the graphics a bit better, fix the AI code up a bit, add a few new weapons, make a whole new story line, you know, easy stuff like that.

well valve said that DLC with new maps and weapons would come for l4d... and they release a new game instead.. it shows disrespect to the players that bought the game thinking that it would get bigger/better. (Yes I know that they still have time to release DLC for l4d, but do you really think that will happen? :P) That however has nothing to do with the quality of L4D2, so saying it is crap is a bit harsh :) i will wait and see if this game is worth paying full price for.
Valve never promised new weapons or maps until L4D2 was announced, then the boycott popped up, and Valve listened to their fans, a thing that corps like EA, 2k Games, etc would never ever do. Also L4D2 contains 5 new campaigns, each campaign consists of about 5 maps, do the math, that's 25 maps. TF2 doesn't even have 25 maps, considering they've released about 2yrs of dlc of community made maps, and maps they've made.

Seriously, when people bitch about a game that didn't have any DLC you can GLADLY look at games that were for any console EXCEPT the PC, PS3, Xbox 360, those people survived just readily without it.
And next time you want to downsize Valve about disrespecting their fans, Valve pays the fuck attention to the forums. Seriously, they read 99.9% of all threads posted, Robin Walker even had a undercover profile for the TF2 forums, and had about 700 of his own posts dedicated in only 2 months.

Metal
10 Nov 2009, 05:44am

have you played it? NO

The boycott group on steam was closed b/c value sent the leaders to play the game.
This game is nothing like l4d but is still like l4d.

This game is what l4d wasn't able to get.
and Raven want me to list the new content.

-Melee
* Baseball Bat
* Cricket Bat
* Crowbar
* Electric Guitar
* Fire Axe
* Frying Pan
* Katana
* Machete
* Tonfa (police baton)
* Chainsaw

Guns
Single Pistol
Dual Pistols
Desert Eagle
Uzi (smg)
MAC-10
M16 (Rifle)
FN SCAR
AK-47
Pump Shotgun
Chrome Shotgun
Benelli M4 Super 90
SPAS-12
Mini-14
HK41

Infected
* Hunter
* Smoker
* Boomer
* Charger
* Spitter
* Jockey
* Tank
* Wandering Witch

New Shit.
Incendiary Ammo
Explosive Ammo
Defibrillator
Laser Sight
Boomer Bile Bomb
Adrenaline
Ammo Packs
Explosives

Uncommon Common Infected
Hazmat Zombies
Mud Men
Bulletproof Zombies
Zombie Clowns
Construction Workers

Jazzyy
10 Nov 2009, 02:44pm
HK14 andMini-14?
names of items plz so i can use hte 'give' command to spawn.

PotshotPolka
11 Nov 2009, 11:32am
HK14 andMini-14?
names of items plz so i can use hte 'give' command to spawn.

Console is blocked if you've updated. sv_cheats is stuck on 0.

anomo
11 Nov 2009, 12:42pm
wow

WROOOOOOOOONG! if you READ THE GERMAN site you will see that they also have the CSS map cs_office with CSS weapons EXCLUSIVLY for the german version. That means they have normal L4D2 like ALL OTHERS AAAAAND CSS map + weps...

Ares018
11 Nov 2009, 01:27pm
Im going to play the demo today. :)

Jazzyy
11 Nov 2009, 07:48pm
Console is blocked if you've updated. sv_cheats is stuck on 0.
go map c5m1_waterfront.bsp to run a listen server then put sv_cheats 1 on.

PotshotPolka
11 Nov 2009, 09:17pm
go map c5m1_waterfront.bsp to run a listen server then put sv_cheats 1 on.

Figures they already found a workaround :lol:

Toxin
16 Nov 2009, 02:39pm
bump.

preordered it. getting the midnight release. haha.

Dracula
16 Nov 2009, 02:40pm
Pro L4D2 team ready and going :D

Psyche
16 Nov 2009, 02:49pm
WROOOOOOOOONG! if you READ THE GERMAN site you will see that they also have the CSS map cs_office with CSS weapons EXCLUSIVLY for the german version. That means they have normal L4D2 like ALL OTHERS AAAAAND CSS map + weps...

sorry I couldn't read german but okay.

EricJ
22 Nov 2009, 04:27pm
L4D2 is pretty awesome, i played the demo and beat it. Only next thing i could do is buy the game and never looked back its fun for lan but over all the game does get boring after a while :-/ just like the first 1.

Zealot
22 Nov 2009, 08:13pm
I thought l4d would die but theres still people playing it. I've heard some good things about l4d2 but it doesn't warrant me to buy it.