PDA

View Full Version : [Abandoned] Deathrun_Canada_eh

Prez
23 Aug 2009, 11:13pm
-:"Map Name":- Deathrun_Canada_eh

Total Time Spent on map to date
About an hour.
What is my map about?
It's a deathrun map with a Canadian theme! Since I'm Canadian, I hope it's accurate! XD
Completion Percentage?
2% probably?
Current Map Plans/ What I will be doing
Well, right now, I have 2 current traps, and I'm thinking of doing many others!
Screenshots
None yet, will post when I have a basic layout!
Link to FPSB WIP
None yet.
Programs Im using
GIMP for photo editing (custom textures)
Hammer Editor for the map!
Map By
Shadow, who else?

Well, a demo V 0.1 should be up soon! (Screenshots, that is.)

Sander Cohen
24 Aug 2009, 12:09am
If Tim Hortons is in this I will love you.

Prez
24 Aug 2009, 12:11am
OMG! I completely forgot about that! Must add! :D Thank you so much!

PS: When the first testable version is up, I need some testers to help me :D

yardy
24 Aug 2009, 02:47am
you shoud have made a dr map from the usa that wouldnt fasil that much

MPQC
24 Aug 2009, 06:01am
Canadian Tire anyone?! All I can do is lol at this.

BOOWY
24 Aug 2009, 10:09am
BEAVERS! Special guest Colin Mochrie? Or perhaps the beady-eyed Canadians from South Park?

Prez
24 Aug 2009, 11:45am
Well, as of now, I don't have too much.. I made an army of RCMP mounties, going to do something with Tim Hortons (have a logo, not sure what to make.. I tried a cup, and it was a disaster), something to do with the Canadian flags, ice fishing, polar bears, and more! :D

Bob Loblaw
24 Aug 2009, 12:22pm
Canadian Tire anyone?! All I can do is lol at this.

What I was going to say :)
Include maple leaves somewhere, and maybe nickelback or rush music playing very lightly in the backgroun just to point out that they are Canadian.. :)

:Thumsdown Yardy: USA can suck a fat one lol.

You should have 13 stages. BC will have lots of trees and traps could be like trees falling over or something, and maybe have a marijuana field somewhere.
Alberta would be second stage where you just try to survive the country music that is playing the whole time.
Saskatchewan is stage 3 (greatest province ;)) and it would be like a large blank field, and you try to go through the fields without getting ripped up by velociraptors. Yes Saskatchewan has velociraptors in the fields!:O
Manitoba can have something.... lol not sure what when the first thing that comes to mind is a lot of natives (not to be racist).
Ontario can be avoid the traffic or die.
Quebec can be where there are a lot of french people on the sidelines and as you go by you have to shoot every one in the face (JUST KIDDING OF COURSE, I love quebec and hope they don't seperate, after all, Just for Laughs=Montreal:D)
Maritimes can be where you have to go fishing or something.
Yukon/NWT/Nunavut can be survive the cold.

Or make it just start in the maritimes and have them follow the path Terry Fox ran ;)

I think every Canadian or anyone who's been to Canada can agree, Canada FTW. +Yay for healthcare.

Ms. Blargh
24 Aug 2009, 03:29pm
Make a trap that if it catches you, you tele into bagged milk and drown :O

Bob Loblaw
24 Aug 2009, 05:45pm
Make a trap that if it catches you, you tele into bagged milk and drown :O

Haha. P.S. Not everywhere has bagged milk. In Sask we use jugs. In Ontario they had bagged milk, but we were used to jugs (too much hastle to constantly cut a new bag when it only lasts for a day and a half), so we went to macs and bought jugs for an extra 25c but you get the money back if you return the jug ;)

Good idea nonetheless (just to play off of canadian stereotypes)

Metal
26 Aug 2009, 05:37am
any updates?

Jayman
26 Aug 2009, 07:25am
LOL,, ive been waiting for a canadian map but never thought someone would make it!! hope its good!

Prez
27 Aug 2009, 09:06pm
Sorry guys, I have been working on it, although I haven't posted it here yet. I will put up screenshots when I finish the first floor/level. :D

Prez
30 Aug 2009, 09:33pm
Almost done the first level, making some tweeks, then I'll post some pictures tomorrow, hopefully! :D

~Shadow

Krazy
5 Sep 2009, 06:52pm
Lol a deathrun map with a canadian theme, i can't wait to see what you do with that.

Prez
6 Sep 2009, 10:52pm
Lol. I'm still working on it. First floor is complete, but I want to at least start the 2nd before I release any screenies.

Allan
12 Sep 2009, 09:53pm
WOOT Canada for the win!!, can't wait to see this one =), good luck with it man.